TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest drdrainoscott

Rumble and Mania plans

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
(pre-quad, yes. But still...)

You say that like HHH's matches as a whole didn't go to hell post Quad

That's not what I meant though, AS. I was just stating that two worked together before because I'm not sure that peoplke around here knew that. A lot of the new posters only started watching a year or two ago.

I'm expecting for Benoit to walk into the Rumble match, with his lil arms moving up and down in the air, army pants and a black singlet on, his shaved head glistening in the lights, a rough beard forming on his face, and as he enters the ring some big hoss throws him right back out.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Yeah, kinda like how they wouldn't have the racist white guy win either...

Oh fuck don't remind me of that shit. And the feud and Booker's intentions soon went by the wayside, with the official word being that it was for the impending Goldberg feud. Considering Goldberg won the title in SEPTEMBER, six MONTHS after Mania, I call bullshit. It was because Nash just HAD to have a high-profile feud with his buddy about stuff that only those 'in the know' are aware of.

Guest Anglesault
Cena vs. HHH

Kane vs. Taker

Goldberg vs. Brock

Jericho/Benoit vs. Edge and Christian

What?  They're SO turning Edge heel...

Don't even joke about that shit.

Hopefully this year off was rejuvenating, because the face Edge character was basically running on fumes when he got hurt.

Guest Salacious Crumb
What's great is that the reason HHH didn't lose the belt, "he didn't feel like it" :)

I thought it was to stay strong for Goldberg at Bad Blood then he decided he didn't want to work with Goldberg at Bad Blood.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Yeah, Benoit was the last of the "next 3" to get pinned by HHH. The highlight of the feud was Benoit headbutting Steph - infact, HHH was positioned as a solid face here before he turned heel in the Austin Accident saga.

The "next three"? I think you're referring to the Fully Loaded PPV where 3 new guys got into the Triple Main against three WWF Old Guard guys. But there it was:

Rock/Benoit

HHH/Jericho

Taker/Angle

Benoit didn't fight HHH till No Mercy.

Guest Anglesault
Yeah, Benoit was the last of the "next 3" to get pinned by HHH.  The highlight of the feud was Benoit headbutting Steph - infact, HHH was positioned as a solid face here before he turned heel in the Austin Accident saga.

The "next three"? I think you're referring to the Fully Loaded PPV where 3 new guys got into the Triple Main against three WWF Old Guard guys. But there it was:

Rock/Benoit

HHH/Jericho

Taker/Angle

Yeah, Angle/Jericho/Benoit were the next three.

HHH beat Jericho for no reason at Fully Loaded, Angle for No Reason at Unfrgiven and Benoit for no reason at No Mercy.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Yeah, Benoit was the last of the "next 3" to get pinned by HHH.  The highlight of the feud was Benoit headbutting Steph - infact, HHH was positioned as a solid face here before he turned heel in the Austin Accident saga.

Rock/Benoit

HHH/Jericho

Taker/Angle

HHH beat Jericho for no reason at Fully Loaded, Angle for No Reason at Unfrgiven and Benoit for no reason at No Mercy.

Well, to be fair... he DID have a reason with Angle. They had a storyline and everything.

Guest wildpegasus

This news is some kind of joke? Right? IF Benoit fights HHH at Wrestlemania I'm going to have to puke and end my non vomit streak. Benoit CAN"T win the title from HHH and on the other side of the coin if he loses he looks weak. It'd ruin everything. The only way they can halfway save the situation is for some kind of indecisive conclusion. Benoit has to win from Lesnar.

Guest Anglesault

Rock/Benoit

HHH/Jericho

Taker/Angle

Well, to be fair... he DID have a reason with Angle. They had a storyline and everything.

A storyline that was set up perfectly for Angle to win.

I hope they scrap these plans ASAP. They can do Goldberg / Lesnar just as fine without the damn title.

Guest RickyB

I'm hoping HBK wins the Title at the Rumble if they go with those plans because Benoit/HBK or Angle/HBK would be great matches. Benoit/HBK is something i'd love to see, especially if afterwards Benoit unified the Titles with Brock... although that wouldn't happen as it'd make Raw look very very weak. I'm guessing that if this happens then Goldberg would take the Smackdown Title to Raw and Benoit would take the Raw Title to Smackdown (if WM 20 doesn't have the Faces going over in AT LEAST the World Title Matches then i'll be pissed.) and then Brock/Benoit at the next Smackdown PPV.

Although I can see Brock coming out and screwing Benoit out of winning the Rumble and having "Sherrif Austin" turning up on the Next Smackdown and giving Benoit a shot at the World Title at No Way Out :(

Guest Retro Rob

I haven't been around here much lately, but why is everyone going crazy over Benoit beating HHH instead of Lesnar? Now I'm not saying Benoit will beat HHH, but in a hypothetical situation why is winning the title from the unstoppable HHH worse than winning it from the big pussy Brock Lesnar?

1) HHH's title is a fantasy title. The real lineage is with Brock. Benoit has already "won" the WCW title, and gave it up. The real prize is the WWE title.

2)The match of Benoit vs. Brock is MUCH better than Benoit vs. HHH.

3)Brock doesn't have the power HHH has. Benoit has a better chance of winning against and being "put over" Brock than he does with HHH. HHH can pull a Booker T and keep the title while Benoit moves down for an epic feud with Christian...

Guest wildpegasus
I haven't been around here much lately, but why is everyone going crazy over Benoit beating HHH instead of Lesnar? Now I'm not saying Benoit will beat HHH, but in a hypothetical situation why is winning the title from the unstoppable HHH worse than winning it from the big pussy Brock Lesnar?

Because it's the worst thing possable and it has me more angry than almost anything the WWE has done before. Winnng against HHH is very anticlimatic. The storyline's all set with Lesnar and Heyman. Benoit beating HHH would give HHH all the glory of being the man to lay down for Benoit if he decides to go that route. It would make the eventual Benoit vs Lesnar match have much less importantance and would just position HHH to beat Benoit sometime down the line to show he truly is king. And to top it all off, Benoit vs Lesnar has a lot more potential than Benoit vs HHH. If Benoit vs Lesnar happens it won't be as good after a Benoit title victory agaisnt HHH because a lot of the emotion will be gone. Also, you're not as likely to see Benoit be as superhuman in the match (which'll be good for the match quality and Benoit himself) against Lesnar because the storylines won't call for it as much. It'll be way less dramatic.

Guest Retro Rob
1) HHH's title is a fantasy title. The real lineage is with Brock. Benoit has already "won" the WCW title, and gave it up. The real prize is the WWE title.

Does it even matter anymore that the title was started in 2002? Since then it has became the primary title on Raw and is seen by most fans as an equivalent to the WWE Title.

2)The match of Benoit vs. Brock is MUCH better than Benoit vs. HHH.

Agreed. But it doesn't seem like that is bother people, just the fact that Benoit would go over HHH instead of Brock.

3)Brock doesn't have the power HHH has. Benoit has a better chance of winning against and being "put over" Brock than he does with HHH. HHH can pull a Booker T and keep the title while Benoit moves down for an epic feud with Christian...

Also true, but I was talking about why the hypothetical situation of Benoit WINNING the title was so horrible.

4)It sure did help out Goldberg by beating the "unstoppable" HHH and finally ending his reign of title terror...

To be fair, Goldberg had more working against going into his win than Benoit would.

Guest Retro Rob
Because it's the worst thing possable and it has me more angry than almost anything the WWE has done before. Winnng against HHH is very anticlimatic. The storyline's all set with Lesnar and Heyman. Benoit beating HHH would give HHH all the glory of being the man to lay down for Benoit if he decides to go that route. It would make the eventual Benoit vs Lesnar match have much less importantance and would just position HHH to beat Benoit sometime down the line to show he truly is king. And to top it all off, Benoit vs Lesnar has a lot more potential than Benoit vs HHH. If Benoit vs Lesnar happens it won't be as good after a Benoit title victory agaisnt HHH because a lot of the emotion will be gone. Also, you're not as likely to see Benoit be as superhuman in the match (which'll be good for the match quality and Benoit himself) against Lesnar because the storylines won't call for it as much. It'll be way less dramatic.

I was unaware of the Benoit-Lesnar-Heyman storyline since I haven't watched SmackDown in who knows how long. Nevertheless, I don't see this turn of events as a catastrophe. Either way, Benoit is in a big match on the biggest WWE card of all-time and has a chance of walking out with a major title.

Guest Anglesault

I was unaware of the Benoit-Lesnar-Heyman storyline since I haven't watched SmackDown in who knows how long. Nevertheless, I don't see this turn of events as a catastrophe. of walking out with a major title.

Heyman: Chris Benoit will NEVER get another shot at Brock Lesnar's WWE title!

::Chrs Benoit goes to Raw::

Heyman: Ya see?

When the hell has "x will never ever get another shot" come true?

Well, Goldberg's relationship with Vince could always go even further down the shitter between now and Mania and these plans could be shitcanned, putting Lesnar/Benoit back on the cards.

Fear is that Benoit would politically have a better chance at beating Lesner for the belt thna facing HHH, who could fuck Benoit over just because he can by refusing to job let alone having enough influence to castrate Benoit and make him look like an utter and complete fool during their fued. Not to mention making it look like Benoit requires outside help/could only win via a fluke...

Does it even matter anymore that the title was started in 2002? Since then it has became the primary title on Raw and is seen by most fans as an equivalent to the WWE Title.

Ok, you asked why people are going crazy. Part of *my* reason is that because I don't see the WCW title as being equal. I would venture to say that I'm not alone in this regard. Fuck "most people" you wanted to know why the people here were going crazy.

Agreed. But it doesn't seem like that is bother people, just the fact that Benoit would go over HHH instead of Brock.

I care about good matches. I really enjoyed Benoit/Brock I, a lot more than HHH/Benoit I - and that was when HHH was supposedly having the greatest year ever . This is not the sole reason that I don't like HHH/Benoit, but it is definitely a factor, as a lot of Benoits appeal are in his matches.

Also true, but I was talking about why the hypothetical situation of Benoit WINNING the title was so horrible.

Because Benoit WINNING the title might not be Benoit getting PUT OVER HHH. As in, tons of interference, someone turning on HHH, etc. etc. anything that takes away from Benoit winning...

To be fair, Goldberg had more working against going into his win than Benoit would.

Goldberg was signed for the purpose of being, at one point, World Champion. His was signed specifically as an opponent for HHH. I don't see this "going against" him. Goldberg was one of the biggest superstars of the late 90's as well as one of the last remaining "stars" for Vince to sign (last remaining "trump card" for him to play). Benoit is a guy who is under 6ft tall, never played football, doesn't particularly have "the look", whose promos aren't very "Rock-like", and who they have dropped the ball with time, and time, and time again, not to mention had established himself in WCW before entering the WWE... now, please tell me how Goldberg was at a bigger disadvantage. The only thing HHH could say to get out of jobbing to him was "uh, he doesn't work house shows". He couldn't get out of it, though he prolonged it as long as possible, and then he just got Goldie to get beat up a lot by Evolution and look like a pussy...

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I'd actually rather see HHH/Benoit because of the build-up. It seems like it has the potential to be a great old-school story behind this match. Plus I mark for Hunter so seeing him in a match with a worker at Benoit's calibur is cool too.

Plus, Goldberg/Lesnar... this could be our only chance to see it and I'd like to. If only for the political implications surrounding the outcome.