TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MillenniumMan831

Brad Armstrong is Selfish

Brad Armstrong's last match

by Dr. Tom Prichard

Jan. 6, 2004

I don't believe in New Year's resolutions. It's a nice thought, but a pretty hollow thought as well. I'm sure some people stick to whatever it is they promise to do or not do for the New Year. Most won't make past the first week.

I stopped wrestling on a regular basis in the summer of 1996. I was offered a great opportunity to train and coach potential Superstars for WWE. I looked at this as a chance to prolong my career and make a difference. A ring was set up in the warehouse portion of WWE’s television studio. It was freezing in the winter and a sweat box in the summer. The first three "students" were Dwayne Johnson (not quite "The Rock" yet), Mark Henry and Achim Albrecht (Brakkus). The ring was hard, and I was the guy taking most of the bumps. I would also get the chance to wrestle each of these guys in their early WWE matches. It was then that I realized I wasn't quite as quick or agile as I once thought I was!

When asked if I’m ever going to wrestle again, my answer is always, "I'm leavin' it to the young guys." Since then, I have still taken bumps, done seminars and "wrestled" in a tag match in New Jersey. I know there's no way I could compete with the talent in WWE today. Ric Flair can still go because he never really stopped. Plus, the Nature Boy is truly one of a kind.

So, when I got a call a couple weeks ago from my good friend Ron West, I was a little apprehensive. I don't want to embarrass myself or my opponent in the ring. Ron asked if I would be interested in "wrestling" in Dothan, Ala., on Jan. 16. Well, no, not really. But then Ron told me I would be wrestling against Brad Armstrong. Now he had my interest! Hell, I wouldn't mind embarrassing Brad in the ring!

Brad hasn't been in a ring in a long time. He was sidelined by a knee injury and has been staying home taking care of his 2-year-old daughter. Brad's wife, Lori, works for HBO and is lucky to have Brad stay at home and be "Mr. Mom." Jillian is happy her daddy gets to spend time with her. I can see how Brad would be entertaining to a 2 year old. Brad is one of the guys who was always underrated in the 1980s and could go with anybody in the business. I teamed with Brad on a few occasions. I wrestled him on many more.

In Dothan, Brad, along with The Bullet and BG James, will face me, Jerry Stubbs and a couple of young local talents who will make sure no shenanigans take place. This is supposedly Brad's last match, EVER! I've heard that before. Hell, I've said that before! I have nothing but respect for the Armstrong family. But with Brad, I have to admit there is still some animosity.

Years ago, in Montgomery, Ala., Brad came to the ring and refused to do "business." I have always been a professional and have never thought twice about what would be good for the company. But Brad was only thinking of himself and his reputation. The selfishness of Brad Armstrong came through loud and clear that night, and it's something neither he nor I can forget. That's why I feel in Dothan this is my time to get retribution. Brad "Mr. Mom" Armstrong will now have to pay the price for his Montgomery "double cross."

Sure, not many people know about it. The Internet wasn't around at that time. But if it was, I can assure you the scandal would have rocked the nation. OK, maybe not the nation, but suffice to say almost 15 years later, finally I will get my chance at making things right. This issue doesn't concern Bullet or BG. I want Brad all to myself. I have a long history with all the Armstrongs -- Brad, Bullet, Scott, Steve, Gail -- and when all told, I was the first one Brian did a moonsault on! But never has a truer saying been said: What goes around, comes around.

I had some great times in Alabama, Tennessee and Florida under Continental Championship Wrestling. In Dothan, along with the Armstrongs and Jerry Stubbs, will be Exotic Adrian Street with Miss Linda, Ken Wayne, Johnny Rich, The Original Lord Humongous, and I'm sure many other South Alabama favorites.

I am trying to convince former Nightmare and current OVW owner Danny Davis to come to Dothan and, if nothing else, reunite with his old partner Ken Wayne and make an appearance. We'll see how persuasive I am.

On an unrelated note, Danny showed his big heart by giving Julie (aka The Queen girlfriend) a beautiful necklace and bracelet for Christmas. How did Julie show her gratitude? By taking them back and exchanging them for a diamond ring! Danny was hurt beyond hurt and Julie finds his suffering humorous. Just remember the saying above, Julie …

My mouth got me in hot water many times while in Alabama. I told people how it was, as opposed to what they wanted to hear.

For the record, Brad Armstrong couldn't beat me on his best day. On Jan. 16 in Dothan, Ala., I will send Brad Armstrong out of wrestling flat on his back. You can bet the house on it!

Can anyone shed light on this? 'Brad Armstrong' and 'Selfish' doesn't seem like 2 phrases that would go together. I've seen the guy job seemingly every week on either Pro/Worldwide/Sat Night . . . and I don't think his W-L record was much better back in the late 1980s - early 1990s.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Brad Armstrong's last match

by Dr. Tom Prichard

Jan. 6, 2004

I don't believe in New Year's resolutions. It's a nice thought, but a pretty hollow thought as well. I'm sure some people stick to whatever it is they promise to do or not do for the New Year. Most won't make past the first week.

I stopped wrestling on a regular basis in the summer of 1996. I was offered a great opportunity to train and coach potential Superstars for WWE. I looked at this as a chance to prolong my career and make a difference. A ring was set up in the warehouse portion of WWE’s television studio. It was freezing in the winter and a sweat box in the summer. The first three "students" were Dwayne Johnson (not quite "The Rock" yet), Mark Henry and Achim Albrecht (Brakkus). The ring was hard, and I was the guy taking most of the bumps. I would also get the chance to wrestle each of these guys in their early WWE matches. It was then that I realized I wasn't quite as quick or agile as I once thought I was!

When asked if I’m ever going to wrestle again, my answer is always, "I'm leavin' it to the young guys." Since then, I have still taken bumps, done seminars and "wrestled" in a tag match in New Jersey. I know there's no way I could compete with the talent in WWE today. Ric Flair can still go because he never really stopped. Plus, the Nature Boy is truly one of a kind.

So, when I got a call a couple weeks ago from my good friend Ron West, I was a little apprehensive. I don't want to embarrass myself or my opponent in the ring. Ron asked if I would be interested in "wrestling" in Dothan, Ala., on Jan. 16. Well, no, not really. But then Ron told me I would be wrestling against Brad Armstrong. Now he had my interest! Hell, I wouldn't mind embarrassing Brad in the ring!

Brad hasn't been in a ring in a long time. He was sidelined by a knee injury and has been staying home taking care of his 2-year-old daughter. Brad's wife, Lori, works for HBO and is lucky to have Brad stay at home and be "Mr. Mom." Jillian is happy her daddy gets to spend time with her. I can see how Brad would be entertaining to a 2 year old. Brad is one of the guys who was always underrated in the 1980s and could go with anybody in the business. I teamed with Brad on a few occasions. I wrestled him on many more.

In Dothan, Brad, along with The Bullet and BG James, will face me, Jerry Stubbs and a couple of young local talents who will make sure no shenanigans take place. This is supposedly Brad's last match, EVER! I've heard that before. Hell, I've said that before! I have nothing but respect for the Armstrong family. But with Brad, I have to admit there is still some animosity.

Years ago, in Montgomery, Ala., Brad came to the ring and refused to do "business." I have always been a professional and have never thought twice about what would be good for the company. But Brad was only thinking of himself and his reputation. The selfishness of Brad Armstrong came through loud and clear that night, and it's something neither he nor I can forget. That's why I feel in Dothan this is my time to get retribution. Brad "Mr. Mom" Armstrong will now have to pay the price for his Montgomery "double cross."

Sure, not many people know about it. The Internet wasn't around at that time. But if it was, I can assure you the scandal would have rocked the nation. OK, maybe not the nation, but suffice to say almost 15 years later, finally I will get my chance at making things right. This issue doesn't concern Bullet or BG. I want Brad all to myself. I have a long history with all the Armstrongs -- Brad, Bullet, Scott, Steve, Gail -- and when all told, I was the first one Brian did a moonsault on! But never has a truer saying been said: What goes around, comes around.

I had some great times in Alabama, Tennessee and Florida under Continental Championship Wrestling. In Dothan, along with the Armstrongs and Jerry Stubbs, will be Exotic Adrian Street with Miss Linda, Ken Wayne, Johnny Rich, The Original Lord Humongous, and I'm sure many other South Alabama favorites.

I am trying to convince former Nightmare and current OVW owner Danny Davis to come to Dothan and, if nothing else, reunite with his old partner Ken Wayne and make an appearance. We'll see how persuasive I am.

On an unrelated note, Danny showed his big heart by giving Julie (aka The Queen girlfriend) a beautiful necklace and bracelet for Christmas. How did Julie show her gratitude? By taking them back and exchanging them for a diamond ring! Danny was hurt beyond hurt and Julie finds his suffering humorous. Just remember the saying above, Julie …

My mouth got me in hot water many times while in Alabama. I told people how it was, as opposed to what they wanted to hear.

For the record, Brad Armstrong couldn't beat me on his best day. On Jan. 16 in Dothan, Ala., I will send Brad Armstrong out of wrestling flat on his back. You can bet the house on it!

Can anyone shed light on this? 'Brad Armstrong' and 'Selfish' doesn't seem like 2 phrases that would go together. I've seen the guy job seemingly every week on either Pro/Worldwide/Sat Night . . . and I don't think his W-L record was much better back in the late 1980s - early 1990s.

Maybe it's just a "work" to draw interest from fans going to see the event.

If Brad Armstrong was selfish, he wouldn't have taken shit character after shit character in WCW and be a jobber for 98.6% of his career.

I best remember Brad Armstrong for jobbing to Goldberg at Superbrawl 8.

I remember him for beating WCW Champion Ric Flair via DQ on WCW Pro in 1996. Talk about a SHOCKER!!! I think Woman interefered for the DQ, but BY GAWD we were A HALF A COUNT away from a NEW WCW CHAMPION! Armstrong was SCREWED!!!

Brad Armstrong was NWA National heavyweight champion sometime around 1982 or 83. I believe he beat Ted DiBiase thanks to a distraction from Tommy Rich.

He was also UWF tag champ with Tim Horner as the Lightning Express. I think they were National tag champs as well in Georgia.

Heh, this reminds me of when Steve and Scott were a team on WCW Worldwide, and the continuing angle was that they lost match after match due to the Armstrong Curse (which, in reality, is that the boys are very good workers with poor charisma, while BG is the exact opposite). Man, WCW Worldwide might have featured nothing but jobber matches, but I was into it. When The Armstrongs won their first match, I actually popped big. Tenay was all like "THEY BROKE THE CURSE, THEY BROKE THE CURSE!"

Man, Mike Tenay sure does have a way for making each match seem special.

Anyways, uhhh...Brad, eh? Um, sure. GO JOE!

Does anyone remember this ep of Thunder. Raven was the face Brad and before the match Raven gave this interview about the Armstrong curse and how much Brad had been screwed over in wrestling. Then Raven kicks him, gives him the Evenflow and beats him in a few seconds.

Its definately a work. In his column about the passing of Hawk a few months back, he mentions calling Brad as soon as he heard and discussing them losing another close friend. In a few interviews I've read with Tom, he considers Brad his favorite opponent.