TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

1/14/04 TNA Preview

WATTS AND JARRETT PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE!

AJ STYLES AND ERIK WATTS VS. JEFF JARRETT AND ABYSS

Wednesday, January 14 live on Pay-Per-View, AJ Styles and the NWA Director of Authority Erik Watts will team up in tag team action against NWA Champion Jeff Jarrett and the monster Abyss! Both sides have plenty to lose going in, as there's two very important stipulations to the match: If AJ and Watts lose, the D.O.A. must step down from his position of authority in TNA! If Jarrett and Abyss lose, AJ earns another shot at the NWA Championship!

RAWHIDE WHIPPING MATCH!

AMERICA'S MOST WANTED VS. REDSHIRT SECURITY

The tag team that has perfected the Rawhide Whipping Match - AMW - will step foot into the squared circle this Wednesday, January 14, in a brutal leather strap match against TNA Management Consultant Don Callis' security, Northcutt and Legend! In order to get back to the NWA Tag Team Title, America's Most Wanted are going to have to get through the Redshirts! On the other hand, Northcutt and Legend are looking forward to whipping AMW raw and bloody! Straps will be connected to the ring ropes, and both teams are free to lash each other in this brutal showdown!

NUMBER ONE CONTENDER MATCH FOR THE X CHAMPIONSHIP: THE FALLEN ANGEL VS. LOW KI VS. MICHAEL SHANE

Immediately following Wednesday's Ultimate X2 epic bout, NWA officials signed a Triple Threat match for this Wednesday's broadcast to determine a new number-one contender. Three of the four Ultimate X2 superstars will once again face each to determine who is next in line for a shot - The Fallen Angel, Low Ki or former champion Michael Shane? Tune in this Wednesday night to find out who survives the Triple Threat Match!

WHAT IS JEFF JARRETT'S "BIG NEWS"?

NWATNA.com has learned from the Law Offices of Stenenbaum, Stenenbaum and Stenenbaum that Thomas T. Stenenbaum - Jeff Jarrett's personal attorney - had several conference calls with the NWA World Champion on Friday regarding the announcement of Jarrett's "big news" he has been referring to in recent weeks. Will Wednesday's TNA broadcast finally be the night Jarrett lets the world in on what he's been planning? Tune in and find out!

AN ANNOUNCEMENT BY AAA OWNER/PROMOTER ANTONIO PENA!

We've also learned that legendary AAA owner/promoter Antonio Pena will be on hand at this week's TNA Pay-Per-View for a very special announcement to TNA fans! This past week, fans saw footage from AAA's recent events, and in recent months TNA and AAA have been in ongoing talks to form a working relationship. What impact will Pena's announcement have on TNA and the wrestling world? Tune in and find out!

SINGAPORE CANE MATCH: RAVEN AND THE SANDMAN VS. THE GATHERING (JULIO AND CM PUNK) WITH FATHER MITCHELL

This Wednesday night, two Singapore Canes will be hanging from a pole as the team of Raven and the Sandman face Father Mitchell's newest proteges, Julio and CM Punk! This past Wednesday, Raven left the arena and hasn't been heard from since! However, TNA officials have booked the match and fully expect Raven to be in attendance this Wednesday to team with the Sandman against his rivals! Whoever gets to the Singapore Canes gets to use them, and without a doubt Sandman will be more than ready to unleash some hell on Julio and Punk!

SIMON DIAMOND VS. DAVID YOUNG (SPECIAL REFEREE GLENN GILBERTI)

Since losing the tag team gold to 3Live Kru, former champions Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger have been at odds with manager Glenn Gilberti and fellow member David Young. The tension boiled over this past Wednesday as Young cost Simon and Swinger the NWA tag team gold in a rematch against 3Live Kru! After all hell broke loose between Young and Diamond, manager Glenn Gilberti asked for a match between the two while he serves as special referee! And according to Gilberti, the superstar that loses the match is out of the group!

"THE FRANCHISE" SHANE DOUGLAS VS. "PRIMETIME" ELIX SKIPPER

During the Ultimate X2 match last Wednesday, Douglas and Primetime once again came to blows as Skipper attempted to keep The Franchise from interfering in the bout. As a result, NWA officials have signed the two to meet this Wednesday on Pay-Per-View! It will be the veteran Douglas against the X style of Primetime - the only question is, will the rest of the New Franchise get involved? Tune in and find out!

ALL THIS AND MUCH MORE ON WEDNESDAY JAN 14 LIVE ON PPV!

I think the true question of this show is this: can Elix Skipper pull a good match out of Shane Douglas. The answer: no.

I think the true question of this show is this: can Elix Skipper pull a good match out of Shane Douglas. The answer: no.

Probably not, but I just noticed something interesting. Elix Skipper is facing Shane Douglas, Skipper is also trying to reform XXX with Lo Ki and Daniels. Daniels and Lo Ki are wrestling Douglas' protege Michael Shane....hmmm....

Pena was supposed to be on once and I think he missed his flight...so they had him on another week.

I remember that was the week that Shocker and Negro Casas backed out of appearing in what would have been Juvi vs. Shocker vs. Casas vs. London with Juvi pinning London to get an X title shot the next week, and Pena was supposed to shake his hand or something.

Well...Pena didn't come. Casas and Shocker didn't come. They didn't bother flying in Juvi as a result...and I don't think London even appeared on the show when it all fell apart.

Since he's coming this week with an announcement...I'll guess Juvi finally got his visa straightened out.

Guest Astro

That line up looks worse than a typical Nitro

Erik Watts main eventing? When did Dutch hire bill Watts to help book?

Yeah, so this'll be the thread I guess.

Holy fuck! Was this new opener in place last week? I've missed a week or two of the program. It's a rap montage about TNA, and RANDY SAVAGE does some of the rapping.

Actually sounds pretty :cool:

Pretty damn good match, with Michael Shane (fuck) picking up the win thanks to Douglas. He'll face Sabin next week.

Holy shit! The AAA guys who I couldn't even get close to spelling the names of, actually showed up. And they speak English! At least one of them does. Cibernetico, Negro, and a couple other fast spoken guys will be here on February 11th for America's X Cup. 4 best wrestlers from AAA vs. 4 best X-Division from TNA.

Pretty damn good match, with Michael Shane (fuck) picking up the win thanks to Douglas. He'll face Sabin next week.

Holy shit! The AAA guys who I couldn't even get close to spelling the names of, actually showed up. And they speak English! At least one of them does. Cibernetico, Negro, and a couple other fast spoken guys will be here on February 11th for America's X Cup. 4 best wrestlers from AAA vs. 4 best X-Division from TNA.

Sucks that Shane won, but damn that's pretty sweet with another X Cup.

Douglas works over the neck the entire match, and Skipper taps when Douglas brings him down in a shoulder/neck full nelson-like move.

Low-Ki runs down for the save (hey, a pattern), and Shane, Tracy, and the second Shane beat them both down.

Daniels runs in, and all three retreat. XXX reunion time.