TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

1/14/04 TNA Preview

The show ended up being a little better than I expected, but it was still nowhere near a blowaway show by any means. I was underwhelmed by the lineup probably more than any other week in TNA history, so to say I came into this one with low expectations may be an understatement.

The main event, in particular, impressed the hell out of me in how well it was done given having a guy like Watts in there. I like that they took the not so obvious route of not having the chick turn on Watts, as that would have made lame ass storyline anyway. I like that next week they are finally going to settle this stuff with Watts and Calis finally, and I would assume they might actually have a match or something. Hope this also means that Styles will have another match with Jarrett and I think that means that he will get that belt finally after all the buildup. Jarrett at this point is losing a million points by just continuing to hold that belt, as its hurting him more than helping really.

The rest of the show was ok in spots, but some of the stuff just bored me to death. Douglas and Skipper was blah, same with Young and Diamond (more like pure crap). Couldnt get into that handicap match with Sandman at all either, and next week doesnt look good either in that aspect (never been a fan of Balls Mahoney, was hoping he was going to say Funk). X contenders match was just kind of there too, it was nothing that I havent seen before, too short, and Shane winning just pissed me off. They do the contenders matches WAY too much, too, hell......next week is another with AMW and Red Shirts, lame excuse for another match with those two teams. I liked the tease of XXX getting back, but like everything Mantel does, I have a feeling it will be drawn out too long where I could give a damn when/if they get back together. I think the problem with how he draws out storylines is that the substance with them is nothing special or interesting. I'm not too keen on not seeing Raven AWOL either even if its just storyline.

Big stories from the show was the announcements of down the road. The Johnny Fairplay thing......hmmm, well it MIGHT get them some mainstream coverage but lets just say I hope they didnt shell out an enormous sum of money for him. I think his presense might work, depending on what they do with him. I'd like to see him do a thing with a Piper feud, but that might come too close to home from what I hear. I'm really excited for the next X Cup in Feb though with AAA, that should make for a cool show all around if its anything like the last one.

Guest vicvenomjr

Well, I fell asleep and missed tonight's show. I'm glad I taped it, so I can watch it tomorrow.

*****of course you did......

vicvenomjr, didn't you leave? Oh, right. Why would a SP0RTZ 3NT3RT@1NM3NT~! mark like yourself respect such a statement as "I'm leaving"? But that's besides the point.

*****hey you finally got the gimmick.

Can I be sure these matches were good? No, no I cannot.

*****Well you should do what every one else does on the net and read all the results and then make a decision on the show, without ever watching it.

And I watch the shows to see good matches, which TNA rarely delivers anymore.

*****X match, main, opener, even Young and Simon were good to very good.

Instead, I get about an hour's worth of Jeff Jarrett on my TV in angles I don't give two flying fucks about,

*****weren't you asleep. So you don't care that styles won and gets a rematch.

seeing some really good younger stars get pushed in such a manner that it bores me,

*****CM Punk? XXX? Shane? Sabin? Abyss? Styles? AMW? Not one boring segment there. All being pushed as main players. All young. Unlike WWE, where not one young star gets a push (outside of Orton and a Lesnar push, which isn't really a push).

and see a whoooooole shitload of matches that are just that: shit.

*****every week, every match is passable. I haven't seen a legit horrid match since the SAT's were around.

So next time, motherfucker, you choose to try to egg me on in a flamewar, pick something that's worth flaming over, like maybe SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T BEEN COMPLETELY OWNED OVER BEFORE, and take it to Hardcore Discussion. Now good day, fucky.

*****Haha. How about this.....grow-up. You own me, when? Let's see I take a view no one takes on the net and defend it, while you hop up and down on the same tired horse that everyone on the board/net takes (TNA sucks).

How about this.....think for yourself.

Be original, take a viewpoint that not everyone else in the IWC has. Challenge yourself.

Your just a boring recycle poster, like every other grade schooler on the board. It's too bad to, because if everyone else wasn't so insecure, they'd think for themselves. As a result this board would be respected and not just one continuous same thought process. (ie. TNA sucks, the Kliq sucks, Raw sucks, SD! sucks, JJ sucks, Crips sucks, Nash sucks, Benoit rules, Punk rules, VKM sucks, Steph sucks, Benoit rules again, Eddie rules, ROH rules, AJ rules......BORING!!!)

You'll probably come back with a good flame but what you should do is post something interesting and thought worthy. Prove that you think for yourself and don't have your thoughts formed by the other drones on this board.

Later......

So I take it the show was decent?

Yup 2 for 2 in 04'

Guest vicvenomjr

Mocky away, fucknut.

*****hey what a suprise, another mature and intelligent poster on the smartmarks board. Wow.

Guest vicvenomjr

here's an example of thinking for yourself and are my personal opinions.....

I think the WWE have done really good the past months in regards to providing worthwhile entertainment.

I think Crips is a better champ than Goldberg and should have the belt.

I think Austin sucks.

I think Morgan is very good and him and Nathan Jones would have been a great tag team.

I think Hall and Nash should be praised for saving wrestling.

and of course.....

I think Russo is the smartest man in the history of sports entertainment.

Guest Dids
I think Morgan is very good and him and Nathan Jones would have been a great tag team.

It's easy to have an opinion. Harder to defend them. Please justify the statement above with a rational argument. Keep in mind that we've only see about a total of a half hour of Matt Morgan wrestling.

I think Crips is a better champ than Goldberg and should have the belt.

The first part of that sentence is true, but that wasn't exactly hard. And yeah, HHH deserves that belt ...... why ?

I think Austin sucks.

True.

You have made sure I NEVER take you seriously again.

I think Hall and Nash should be praised for saving wrestling.

They never saved wrestling, they just gave WCW good ratings.

What about the anti-smarkers who say the opposite of what people think just for the hell of it to start arguments? Wait..thats you. It's one thing to state an opinion and defend it well, but you cannot do that.

**zzzzzzzzzz** Oh, sorry, was vicvenomjr talking?

vic, are you familiar with the expression "owned"? It means "schooled." It's a slang term meaning that you have been defeated in a debate/argument, or have been insulted to such a good extent that you cannot defend yourself without embarassment. And you have been owned before on the topic of what is good and bad about TNA. Not just by myself, but by every other poster here. You are nothing but a troll that thinks they are taking a viewpoint the rest of the IWC takes in being pro-TNA and pro-Russo, when about half of the IWC takes the EXACT SAME VIEWPOINT. Being a blind follower for TNA, in other words a mark for TNA, is something to be ashamed of, I believe. When you take everything as being awesome, like you seem to do, you insult my intelligence, as I find the majority of what counts as a "quality product" these days to be utter shit.

As for what I said earlier...I'm eating my words. I watched the tape of TNA (wow, vic, how do I know all of these things I've stated about TNA editions BEFORE LAST NIGHT'S) last night, and I enjoyed the show. Expect a review up anytime soon.

And vic, seriously. Stop being a Russo mark and actually go away when you say you will.

Being a blind follower for TNA, in other words a mark for TNA, is something to be ashamed of, I believe.

I'm not a TNA mark, but that's a bit unfair.

I sure as hell ain't against marks.

I'm not against marks in the original sense of the term. Being a fan that believes in kayfabe is something I envy oftentimes, and liking something so much that you praise it constantly is also something quite cool. However, saying there's nothing wrong with the promotion when there are quite a few glarring errors in management and booking is something different than saying you love the promotion. For example:

I am an ECW mark. I have been since I saw the promotion, and always will be. To me, ECW was the epitome of what an entertaining promotion should be, as it was the only wrestling company I could sit down and watch the whole show of without complaining. But I admit that they pushed Justin Credible too far too soon, Heyman sucks at accounting, and rushing to TV and PPV and video game deals did nothing but close the coffin more and more.