TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Von Dutch...

Last week, I saw my friend John who I hadn't seen in 5 months or so. He had a Von Dutch hat on, and it was a pretty nice looking hat.

9106.jpg

They are very expensive, about $75.00 for that hat. I have seen some for $45.00, which is also a lot, but if I had extra cash I would buy it.

Anyone own anything that is Von Dutch?

Guest Random Hero

If you buy one of them things, you really need a cold, wet slap across the face. They're just the 'In thing' at the moment because for some inexplicable reason celebrities think it's cool to be seen in one.

Seriously, you can get a trucker cap like that for like £3 in a market or something. Save your money, buy 'The Shield' Season 1 DVD instead.

I got a whole bunch of it for my birthday a while back. What the hell am I supposed to do with a strip of leather with Von Dutch embossed on it? The hat is ok, but I wouldn't have payed anything for it.

Anyone own anything that is Von Dutch?

No. Thank god. Foam'n'Mesh hats are for rednecks and pseudo hip wankers who are stupid enough to pay that much for a hat...

I started wearing the mesh cap before it was "cool." I bought one at a thrift shop for like $5 and just wore it while I was working. This was before Ashton started wearing them and everyone followed.

I forgot about the Cena mesh hat, so I think I'm gonna get that one at Smackdown on Tuesday.

I remember when it used to just be farmers who wore these things, and they had the "John Dere" logo on them. Now Hollywoods trendiest and their sheep are all over them... scary!

Guest El Satanico

Up until this afternoon I assumed it was a skateboard clothing brand. Then today I somehow got on a site that sells von dutch hats. I liked them, but was shocked when I saw the price. $20 or $25 fine no problem, but at least $45 fuck that. Rather wear a Miller High Life trucker hat for $10.

About two years ago I thought about wearing mesh hats and I had never seen them worn, but now way too many people wear them. Get one of those train conducter hats, start a new trend. Or even bring back the classic that is furry kangol hats.

Guest Deebo

I had a hat back when it first came out and was a lot cheaper. I didn't really think anything of it though. I just saw it at a store and bought it.

Guest Italian Stallion

Von Dutch jeans go for $150 - $175. Paris Hilton has a Von Dutch outfit for her dog.

They are very expensive, about $75.00 for that hat. I have seen some for $45.00, which is also a lot, but if I had extra cash I would buy it.

Jesus Christ. Seriously, what's the point? Buy a different brand hat in the same style for $5-$10 and save the rest of your money for something that you won't regret buying in a year.

The point of Von Dutch is that words can be copyrighted, unlike styles. So people can wear more expensive words like "Von Dutch," rather than cheaper words like... uhh, I guess "Old Navy." Or whatever.

Good god, Mole. It's January 2004. Not only has the trucker hat trend been over for like, 6 months, it was incredibly stupid to begin with. Nobody wears that shit anymore. Save your $75 and buy something worthwhile. Seriously, they were the "in thing" in like Spring/Summer--at this point, nothing screams "fashion victim" like a fucking trucker hat. . Trends like this have a really, really short shelf life because they look so ridiculous.

Guest El Satanico

Well once the trend has been completely dead for a year or so, it would then be ok to wear them.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

I have 2 Von Dutch Truckers that was given to me over the holidays. They are currently sitting on my dresser in all there $75.00 glory.

QUOTE (Italian Stallion @ Jan 11 2004, 10:41 PM)

Paris Hilton has a Von Dutch outfit for her dog. 

Well, that's sure a selling point.

Ashton Kutcher wears them. HOW ABOUT THAT!?!?

Good god, Mole. It's January 2004. Not only has the trucker hat trend been over for like, 6 months, it was incredibly stupid to begin with. Nobody wears that shit anymore. Save your $75 and buy something worthwhile. Seriously, they were the "in thing" in like Spring/Summer--at this point, nothing screams "fashion victim" like a fucking trucker hat. . Trends like this have a really, really short shelf life because they look so ridiculous.

Yeah, I didn't realize how dumb spending $75 on hat would be.

So I got the John Cena hat, just because it has the old school WWF(E) logo on it.