TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

More WWE Workers To Be Sent To OVW

It sucks to know that two good talents in kanyon and O'Haire whici is most likely two of the few better talents they have can't get a decent push in WWE because they were good in WCW. This goes back to my oriangal theory...if you had success in another promotion, the WWE will ruin you quickly!

Guest Anglesault
In 2003, some neat promos begin to air for Sean O'Haire pretty much playing the role of the little Satan who sits on your shoulder and gives bad advice. The promos are original and entertaining and I became excited that O'Haire was on his way to the main roster. He makes a handful of appearances as this character, most notably advising Spanky to streak around the Smackdown arena.

O'Haire finally makes a real debut as the errand boy of Roddy Piper. Rather than develop his character, he follows Piper around and has a sucky match with Rikishi at Backlash. Piper leaves the WWE and O'Haire is instantly depushed.

You seem to forget that when it came time for him to do the gimmick live, he SUCKED.

And he didn't have one good match in that run, including two awful outings with Eddie and Benoit.

Guest FrigidSoul

Albert: Hey Sean, heard that you're being sent back to OVW

Sean O'Haire: Ya...I don't know what happened

Albert: Well you aren't as athletic as me, you aren't as big me, and quite frankly Vince sees that I can run with the ball while you can't do anything more than squash Funaki...but hey...I'm not telling you anything you don't already know *laughs*

Sean O'Haire: .....

Albert: Not telling you anything you don't already know, get it? Like that role they gave you for about a...oh forget it. Anyways I'm off to wrestle Chris Benoit, have fun in Ohio

Sean O'Haire: ...prick

I dug O'Haire in WCW but god did he suck when he returned to Smackdown for his short lived run. I'd honestly rather have A-Train or Big Show if Sean O'Haire would be putting stinkers like that in all the time.

Didn't they say that about Stamboli and the rest of the FBI about six months ago? And yet it still hasn't happened.

Palumbo and Stamboli DID get sent back down to OVW last year - they worked the Smackdown television tapings, then trained in Louisville for the rest of the week.

Guest FrigidSoul

speaking of old WCW members what happened to Reno...his Role the Dice looked incredibly stiff and most likely to hurt somebody. Which is why I enjoyed it.

Guest Choken One

I have NO idea why Palumbo and Stamboli even needed to be sent down...

They are actually one of the better tag teamers around... Palumbo got a good punch and Stamboli can do some things, a very old school 80's style power team with a little speed...

If only the wwe treated the tag scene like it did in the late 80's...

They are actually one of the better tag teamers around... Palumbo got a good punch and Stamboli can do some things, a very old school 80's style power team with a little speed...

If only the wwe treated the tag scene like it did in the late 80's...

The tag scene in the 80's was light years above anything the singles division could muster. Now, in the current landscape of WWE, a lot of average or bland workers fill the tag division (Cade, Jindrak, Dupree, Damaja, Test, Storm, Basham, Steiner, Rosey, Rikishi, Palumbo, Stamboli).

To establish a decent division on both brands, you'd have to take the workhorses of the tag scene (TWGTT, Dudleys, Hurricane, Conway, Morley) and add several top-tier wrestlers to the scene, which is literally impossible right now.

Guest Anglesault

They are actually one of the better tag teamers around... Palumbo got a good punch

If you're referring to the discus punch...

You seem to forget that when it came time for him to do the gimmick live, he SUCKED.

And he didn't have one good match in that run, including two awful outings with Eddie and Benoit.

This might just be a clash of opinions. I was enjoying the gimmick and it didn't really get any real opportunities to be played out live.

That, and his matches with Guerrero and Benoit were perfectly fine. I was just upset that he went over Benoit so early.

And I also remember seeing a Sean O'Haire vs Mr. America match that clicked and went much more smoothly than it should have.

I didn't think he looked THAT bad either. People here were saying that they were worse than Benoit/Jones, which is absurd. Besides, his matches against Eddie and Benoit were both about 3 minutes long. He didn't blow anything and he had a better moveset than most of the hosses about nowadays, so why all the hate??

Guest Anglesault

This might just be a clash of opinions. I was enjoying the gimmick and it didn't really get any real opportunities to be played out live.

The opportunities he had were basically disasters. He looked totally uncomfortable and tried to work in that catchphrase in awful situations.