TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Ranthology: Analysis of a roster

Ok, first of all, I freely admit my other post was thrown together in about ten minutes. My point still stands though - Orton is the future of the WWE - not Paul fucking London. Deal with it, and for god's sake stop bitching about it.

BTW, if I get banned because I like Randy Orton, as some people here clearly want - I'll laugh my head off.

So anyway - here's something a bit more put together. I started this while ago for a review of 2003 that i never finished, and I've updated it. Basically, its my opinion of the entire Raw Roster, and you can ask me stuff after wards.

Caveat One. I like the OVW Grads over anyone brought in post-Radicalz. That includes the entire WCW Roster. Basically, If you go through OVW, then you're what the WWE wants in a worker.

In a nutshell, thats why the Bashams are on Smackdown, and London aint, but thats another rant. The sole exception to this is Rosey.

Caveat Two. Adapt or Die. The sole reason I hate cruiserweights (and I do) is this. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the WWE's policy on banning every third move, and most of the highspots. If HHH and HBK can go out there and hit **** without trying - so can Rey Rey and anyone else "castrated" by the WWE Ring Policy. This is tied into the OVW Theroy aswell.

Anyway, I'll do Raw today, and Smackdown whenever, but I'm doing an exam and then going to Amsterdam on thursday, so feedback may be restricted, and SD is gonna be WAY harsher than this.

------------------------------------

The chicks (except Kiebler and Jackie Gayda)

- Bleh. They're all decent workers - its just a pity there's not more of them. The matches, by now, are lazy and cyclical. I'd call up Alexis Laree - but once she does five matches we're back to square one.

Stacy Kiebler

-Pointless waste of space.

Batista.

- Massively limited worker, but i'd blame that on injuries. Persoanlly I think his look and build are great - but he'll only ever do a glorified bodyguard character, which makes me cry.

Booker T.

-Lazy Inconsiderate gobshite. The guy says he wants to retire, which frankly is justification enough to bury him.

The Dudleys

- Like the workers, hate the characters

Chris Jericho

- He's dead - Deal with it.

Christian.

- Haircut was the best thing to happen to him. Decent all round worker. A more realistic finisher and less of a relialance on rest-holds would be a great help.

Garrilance Cade/Jindrak.

- Love them to bits. Jindrak particulary because he's proff that adapting to the WWE Moveset pays off, unlike Sean O'Haire. Cade looks bland compared to him - but decent teaming will pay off in the end.

Goldberg.

-I'm gonna be so happy when Brock squashes him at WM. Lazy arsehole who believed he was gonna be treated like he was in WCW!!! and refuses point blank to adapt. GET OFF MY TV

Kane

-Dead, deal with it. Which baffles me frankly. A better all rounder would have come out of that Shane O'Mac feud better.

Lance Storm/Val Venis

- Dear God. Currently fighting for the Raw Spot that Orlando Jordan occupies on Smackdown - all purpose jobber.

Mark Henry.

-Outright smartest guy in the biz. Takes whatever the WWE throws at him, laughs it off and gets his big fat paycheck at the end of the week. Deserves his push as a result.

Maven

-I hate the TE guys outright.

Randy Orton

- The Future. Great worker, still learning, which is scary. Amazing charisma and promo ability. Natural successor to The Rock.

The Frechies.

-Conway I love to bits. If he had Orton's build, he's be in that spot for sure. Dupree deserves a push on the basis of having to carry Grenier as a partner for six months. I like his dance aswell.

Rico.

-If he was five years younger, he'd be pushed hard.

Jackie Gayda

-Yikes. Nice rack

Rosey and Hurricane.

- Hurricane's an interesting case. They took all his flashy moves out, like the vertebreaker and the X-Plex, and he didn't bother replacing them, leaving frankly the same as Rey Mysterio - a shell doing the same few moves. And the aren't great moves to begin with.

-Rosey I out and out despise. Cartoon characters died when Flair won the rumble.

Rob Van Dam

-Lazy, sloppy, overhyped loser. Has outright says he wants to leave. I wholeheartedly agree.It must be so nice knowing you owe your entire career to Jerry Lynn. GET OFF MY TV.

Test/Scott Steiner.

- Steiner I don't care about - but I like his character. Test is an interesting case - I wanna find out who booked him post Russo, and beat him over the head with a hockey Stick, because he's a solid worker on a good day.

HHH-HBK.

Do they deserve to be on top???????

Not really, but when was the last time Booker and RVD got ****1/4

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll do Smackdown whenever. Feedback's appreciated (except from certain people who know who they are)

"If HHH and HBK can go out there and hit **** without trying"

Remind me how much time they got for their match compared with what the cruisers get.

I'm sure Noble and Nunzio wouldn't get **** in 30 minutes.

Means nothing. Rey-Matt Hardy got 20 minutes on Smackdown and SANK.

I forgot Matt Hardy.

Frankly - his treatment baffles me, but he's the only one who'd I'd push out of the group that you lot complain aren't being pushed.

Rey and Matt Hardy had a good rating for it's time. So I wouldn't exactly say they sank.

No, but it didn't get the insane rating a lot of people thought it would

Yes, but there's proof already, he was pushed to a state, and he got over. That's why you should push people who get over - and it pains me to say it.. that is why Shawn Michaels should win the title this Sunday..

Yes, but there's proof already, he was pushed to a state, and he got over. That's why you should push people who get over - and it pains me to say it.. that is why Shawn Michaels should win the title this Sunday..

Who are we talking about? Matt? HBK?

Randy Orton

- The Future. Great worker, still learning, which is scary. Amazing charisma and promo ability. Natural successor to The Rock.

Boy, you're going to get *killed* on this. Not necessarily by me, though.

Orton a great worker? I'm not seeing it. Has he gotten better? Sure, I'll go with that. A little better (and learning), but it's better than nothing. But "great" worker? No.

Amazing charisma? No. There's some charisma there, but he's still not connecting with the fans.

Amazing promo ability? Again, no. He tends to trip over his words. He needs to clean that up, especially if they intend to push him as a ME'er.

Natural successor to the Rock? I think you're reaching. I can't see 20,000+ people paying to see Randy Orton, nor can I see PPV buy-rates skyrocketing based on a Randy Orton ME. Again, he's not connecting with the fans, so it's really premature to be calling him the next Rock.

Didn't it get like a 4.0+ rating?

I couldn't tell you, but It did the get highest rating since the SD6 Nights. It was beaten again before Summerslam though

Boy, you're going to get *killed* on this

That's what we said about The Rock back in 1997. All Orton needs is thatsomething to push him over the edge, and he's fine (Foley ain't it). The problem therein lies with Raw's lack of decnt faces.

Please stop telling other posters to "deal with" your thoughts.

The please allow me to express my opinions without being flamed by RVD Fans and threatened with a ban.

Je...richo?

*shudders*

Probably not. I think the Micheals feud was meant to do it- but that failed and screwed up their entire long term planning for him

Stacy Kiebler

-Pointless waste of space.

Goldberg.

-I'm gonna be so happy when Brock squashes him at WM. Lazy arsehole who believed he was gonna be treated like he was in WCW!!! and refuses point blank to adapt. GET OFF MY TV

Batista.

- Massively limited worker, but i'd blame that on injuries. Persoanlly I think his look and build are great - but he'll only ever do a glorified bodyguard character, which makes me cry.

Rico.

-If he was five years younger, he'd be pushed hard.

Jackie Gayda

-Yikes. Nice rack

I forgot Matt Hardy.

Frankly - his treatment baffles me

Finally, some things we can agree upon. :)

Orton is the future of the WWE - not Paul fucking London. Deal with it, and for god's sake stop bitching about it.

Booker T.

-Lazy Inconsiderate gobshite. The guy says he wants to retire, which frankly is justification enough to bury him.

Chris Jericho

- He's dead - Deal with it.

Kane

-Dead, deal with it. Which baffles me frankly. A better all rounder would have come out of that Shane O'Mac feud better.

Rob Van Dam

-Lazy, sloppy, overhyped loser. Has outright says he wants to leave. I wholeheartedly agree.It must be so nice knowing you owe your entire career to Jerry Lynn. GET OFF MY TV.

No.

Randy Orton

Kind of hard to get over when you got a joke gimmick.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Please stop telling other posters to "deal with" your thoughts.

The please allow me to express my opinions without being flamed by RVD Fans and threatened with a ban.

It's kind of hard when you put yourself directly in the line of fire repeatedly.

Randy Orton

Kind of hard to get over when you got a joke gimmick.

What joke gimmick????????

The one that's calling out Mick Foley???

It's kind of hard when you put yourself directly in the line of fire repeatedly.

Yeah, I know, but I'm sick to death of people bashing the guy for no reason - and at the same time calling for RVD to be pushed. I just had to speak up.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Yeah, I know, but I'm sick to death of people bashing the guy for no reason - and at the same time calling for RVD to be pushed. I just had to speak up.

Yes, but your 'analysis' can barely be called that. For most of the roster members you merely made a one-line general statement. With a few of them, you start to bash outright, which makes you no better than the Orton-haters. Take the high road.

You want to defend Orton? Great. Just don't go waaaay overboard by telling us he's a great worker, with amazing charisma & mic skills, and heir apparent to Rock. Anybody with 2 functioning eyes can tell that's plainly not true at least at this point in his career.

[Yes, but your 'analysis' can barely be called that. For most of the roster members you merely made a one-line general statement. With a few of them, you start to bash outright, which makes you no better than the Orton-haters. Take the high road.

It's Suckbag Orton This, Suckbag Orton That. Your'e not giving him a CHANCE.

You want to defend Orton? Great. Just don't go waaaay overboard by telling us he's a great worker, with amazing charisma & mic skills, and heir apparent to Rock. Anybody with 2 functioning eyes can tell that's plainly not true at least at this point in his career.

Funny that that idiot Johnathon Barber gets to run around spouting off about Alter Boy Luke, yet no-one wants to ban him.

You people honestly baffle me.

Guest Loss

I'd love for Orton to get great because he's another wrestler I can get behind. I'd think most feel the same way. Who *wants* bad wrestlers on TV?

Guest Mulatto Heat

Is that in response to me or to Spiff?

I ask because I didn't say a damn thing about Orton's skills. I was talking about your lack of analysis which was a thinly veiled attempt to promote Orton and bash Booker and RVD. It looked like it was written in 10 minutes, tops.