TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deancoles

Goldberg told to not use jackhammer

WWE management has told Goldberg to stop using the Jackhammer as his finisher and just stick with the Spear. WWE's thinking is that the Spear is over and that the Jackhammer is not needed. Goldberg has no plans to stop using the move despite management's wishes. He knows he will be gone from WWE soon and does not intend to change his persona for them.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

How stupid would Goldberg have been to say ok?

Edited by deancoles411

It's dumb from both sides.

The move hasn't seriously hurt anyone that I know of...so what's the big deal with keeping it. Rhyno is using the gore, we don't need 2 spear finishers.

Although the move would be better if he didn't ALWAYS follow it after the spear...there's no suprise that it'll pop up out of nowhere.

And Goldberg should just be thankful that he's still getting his God push even though he's leaving.

Guest PowerPB13
Just be thankful his new finisher isn't the mule kick.

I'd be thankful if he tested out said finisher on Triple H.

-Patrick

The spear is the finisher of Rhyno and Edge for a little while...or did Vince forget this?

The Jackhammer gets the crowd pumped, they don't want the spear as the finisher. My half brother is a HUGE Goldberg fan and even he said without the Jackhammer it's not Goldberg.

Considering Goldberg doesn't even LOOK like Goldberg anymore, I guess I wouldn't be shocked that this was true

Guest PowerPB13

I'm suddenly envisioning Vince with a pointy-haired toupee telling people to "work smarter, not harder"...

-Patrick

I think that is incredibly stupid. Its always been Spear, Jackhammer, win. As much as I hate the guy, dont take away the one thing that I really don't mind about him.

Guest Anglesault
Why change him when he's leaving soon?

Why not?

FGB and his tantrums have basically made this whole situation a nightmare for the WWE. Since he's on the way out, might as well fuck with him.

Guest Goodear

I have no issue with this. The jackhammer always seemed a bit tacked on for no real reason to me since the spear was such insta-death especially since Bill would take an hour and a half to finally hit the damn thing. I would just have the guy seperate the two myself so he would have two finishers for use against different people instead of always relying on the combination.

Guest Olympic Slam
Billy Gunn used it for a short time.

I guess Vince wants to protect his favourites.

I don't think I ever saw Gunn ever get a pin-fall off of it. I always assumed that Billy only getting 2-counts off the Jackhammer was some kind of insider shoot thing. I'm probably right about that.

Billy Gunn used it for a short time.

I guess Vince wants to protect his favourites.

I don't think I ever saw Gunn ever get a pin-fall off of it. I always assumed that Billy only getting 2-counts off the Jackhammer was some kind of insider shoot thing. I'm probably right about that.

It's Vince's revenge for when the time WCW had hired Virgil and called him "Vincent" to spite the real Vince, Vince McMahon, but Virgil's original name, Virgil, was Vince's hilarious take on Dusty Rhodes' real name, "Virgil something-or-other".

In closing, Virgil vs. Billy Gunn would turn out to be the worst match in the history of the sport, and the downfall of professional wrestling.

Guest gregb7677
It's like saying to Hogan to use the big boot but ditch the legdrop.

or like telling Austin to keep the set up kick but ditch the stunner. All Goldberg has is the darn spear and Jackhammer. Don't expose the guy's lack of moves even more than he already does on his own.

Guest Anglesault
Don't expose the guy's lack of moves even more than he already does on his own.

Why? He's leaving anyway.

Don't expose the guy's lack of moves even more than he already does on his own.

Why? He's leaving anyway.

Well, most times I'd agree but Vince McMahon, in his infinite wisdom, has decided to revolve the biggest show of all-time WRESTLEMANIA XX around a guy that has 3 moves and will be leaving the federation immediately following the PPV. He already looks bad in the ring. Why make him look worse if you're hoping that his match with Brock will pop a huge buyrate?

Hmmm....now that I think about it, this whole mess shall work out well.

Next thing you know, they'll tell Goldbeard he can't use the spear, and he'll resort to doing that "ARGGGGGGGH" thing he does right before the Jackhammer which will cause his opponents (other than HHH) to curl up in a ball in cry for their mommy.

Guest FrigidSoul

Vince: Now Goldberg, I want you to stop using the Jack-hammer and instead use just the Spear...but what to use to set it up...I know! You can kick him in the gut, once again I prove my genius.

Vince: Now Goldberg, I want you to stop using the Jack-hammer and instead use just the Spear...but what to use to set it up...I know! You can kick him in the gut, once again I prove my genius.

Kick-wham-spear?

that doesnt sound right..

Guest FrigidSoul

Kick-wham-spear?

Which is exactly why it will be done

Kick-wham-spear?

Which is exactly why it will be done

Well, the eyerake has become a popular setup move for finishers lately. It'd fit in perfectly with Goldberg's tough-guy character.

*Kane waves his hand around waiting to chokeslam Goldberg. Goldberg gets up slowly.....and POKES KANE IN THE EYE!*

Kane: Holy shit, my eye!

*Goldberg SPEARS Kane*

And the match is over.

That should flow into the match better than kick-wham-spear. Now kick-wham-trip-growl SURELY could work.

Guest FrigidSoul

Poking the eye is the weak heel set-up to finisher. He could give them a bear hug and then rub his beard against their face thus giving them beard burn, then let go of the opponent and while the opponent is rubbing their cheek trying to soothe the beard-burn he could spear them.

Poking the eye is the weak heel set-up to finisher. He could give them a bear hug and then rub his beard against their face thus giving them beard burn, then let go of the opponent and while the opponent is rubbing their cheek trying to soothe the beard-burn he could spear them.

I smell an angle.

While he's sleeping in his locker room, Randy Orton sneaks in with an eletric razor. He shaves off Goldberg's beard and leaves him clean-shaven but Goldberg doesn't know it yet. Then, later that night, during his match with Batista, Goldberg tries to lift him up. But he CAN'T! That dastardly Randy Orton shaved Goldberg's beard and without it, Goldberg has lost all his strength! He is then easy pickings for Evolution. This sets up a top-notch Goldberg/Orton feud and continues to cement Randy's reputation as the LEGEND KILLER~!

The thing writes itself.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Who is crazier:

Vince McMahon or Al Davis?