TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fazzle

Ever see someone you know on TV?

About 6 weeks ago, I saw someone I worked with during the summer (a Camp) during a UConn game. He was one of the clowns who was screaming into the camera when they show a group of students right after a commercial.

My parents have been on the news a few times about 7 years ago. They were into politics big time, so whenever something big would happen around town they would be there and sometimes new reporters would interview them.

My dad used to be on local stations all the time. At his old job, working for the Groton Sub Base, they would interview him about abuse in the Navy or issues with kids in today's society (he is a Social Worker).

Other than that, I can't remember anyone I know being on TV. I've been on a few times though.

My father has been on TV from time to time.

Someone from my school hosts a Kid's TV show and has also guest-starred in soap operas and in a mini-series. It's actually difficult watching him hosting a TV show and knowing how he acts in real life at parties etc. and it makes me think of how un-innocent those TV hosts from my childhood really would have been.

I was on an award's show recently, and so I have seen that. My sister was on a kid's variety show once too.

Also, when I was about ten someone I knew was in an ad, singing and dancing about a car. It was quite amusing.

My high school teacher's mulch pile was used to bury someone on "The Young and the Restless" years ago.

Oh, fazzle, are you talking about Lan? "If someone insults me, I’ll give it back to them ten fold." My kind of woman. :wub:

If you are, hook me up with her and I'll make sure you win kkk Bowl I...

My former boss was on Good Evening Sacramento. It is a show that comes on during the evening and the subject matter is hot spots and/or things to do in or around the city.

We were watching One Bad Trip on MTV over at my friend's house, and they had it based in Scottsdale (where I live). Suddenly, they were at this kegger, and my friend's brother's girlfriend who always buys us beer walks across the screen. It made for some interesting viewing...a lot of, "Look at her!" followed by insane laughter whenever she would do something funny.

I work with someone, whom I am told, was the first girl eliminated from the original "Bachelor".

When RAW came through Philly in August '98, my friends taped it and pointed out a part where they could see us, though it was freeze-framed.

The local news where I used to live was shooting a piece on D.A.R.E. police cars and I was in the shot.

Bah. Being in the crowd isn't the same as being on TV. That's about the equivalent of having something you type scroll across the bottom of a show. :)

If it is, I'm sure I've been on TV many-a-time.

Back in the day when Pittsburgh had a professional indoor lacrosse team I was a season ticket holder and sat one row from the turf and right next to where all the players came out. Good times.

Anytime the Pittsburgh Bulls would appear on then-KBL (Now Fox Sports Net) I would record the game and laugh at how much of an idiot me and my guest would act. The great part about this is that you could also hear quite a bit of what the fans were screaming during the game, too...

Guest FrigidSoul

Kristen is ugly as sin

That being said I have a recording of Monday Nitro where I can be seen in the audience

I seem to remember that pic of yourself surrounded by chicks -- they were rather cute.

Kristen reminds me a bit of a skank that could have popped my cherry if I happened to be someone who takes advantage of sluts that get drunk and fall on top of you while you're lying down on a recliner in the backyard at a friend's party...

I've been on TV while at sports games a few times (last year when the Bruins and Stars played in Boston, NESN showed me and my friend sitting in silence for like 45 seconds while doing the post-game, pre-OT discussion ... my girlfriend at the time said it was hilarious, we were sitting with an empty seat between us and not talking to each other at all).

One of my teachers from college was in the shower scene in Starship Troopers. Technically she was a teaching assistant, but she was still hot. And it was funny to have seen her naked and then try to sit through class without thinking of her topless.

Remember "Boot Camp" (reality show) on Fox a few years back? I knew the guy who was the runner-up (Ryan Wolf). He's the brother of one of my friends.

He was a dick on the show...I thought it was great that he just needed one vote at the end and couldn't get it. Suprisingly watchable show.

Guest Ghettoman

My older cousin(more like an aunt) was on the local news for "Catching" a bank robber, which in reality means follow him around and call the cops until they get him.

Remember "Boot Camp" (reality show) on Fox a few years back? I knew the guy who was the runner-up (Ryan Wolf). He's the brother of one of my friends.

I know someone who knew that guy from college (Temple) and didn't like him. Where do you live?

Remember "Boot Camp" (reality show) on Fox a few years back?  I knew the guy who was the runner-up (Ryan Wolf).  He's the brother of one of my friends.

He was a dick on the show...I thought it was great that he just needed one vote at the end and couldn't get it. Suprisingly watchable show.

You have to admit he got screwed, though. The reason everyone voted against him was because they thought he was the one who left a piece of equipment behind in one of the "missions" (which he didn't, IIRC the girl who won left it behind). I've hung out w/ Ryan maybe a handful of times, but, yeah, he's pretty cocky.

I know someone who knew that guy from college (Temple) and didn't like him. Where do you live?

Hatfield, PA (suburb of Philly). I went to college (Penn St.) w/ his brother.

I was bunking off from university once, turned on the TV and saw one of my lecturers on live TV. Apparentky they were bunking off too, so it was all good.

Guest DVD Spree

Well, I used to go to acting school in LA, so I've seen a bunch of my buddies on TV and film. In my apartment complex was a guy from The Bold and The Beautiful, and that guy from New Kids On The Block who's just relaunched his solo career, so I guess they kinda count too.

My girlfriend was an extra in a BBC series, and my friend's wife is an extra in the new Thunderbirds flick. I've been on TV a couple of times too - when our karate school cleaned house at the world championships, the news crews came down to the dojo and filmed us sparring and practicing. There was also a couple of times when news crews have been filming in town, and my buddies and I were in the background. The best was when the reporter was standing in front of a shop the item was about, and I was there with two of my friends and we each had different coloured jackets on. So we walked into frame on one side of the camera to the other and out of shot. Then we all switched coats and crossed abck across the frame again, before switching a third time and doing it again. The camera guys were pissed, but it started to rain so they couldn't film it again. That night on the news, sure enough, there were the three of us walking in and out of frame with our magical ciolour-changing garments.

I was visible during the Rockets/76ers game on Dec. 31, so I'm told. I was sitting third-row courtside, across from the team benches. My dad told me he had serveral great views of the backs of our heads.

My sophomore year of high school, there was this guy Charlie in my class who competed in the calf scramble at the Houston Rodeo. Well, Charlie ended up getting slammed against the wall by one of the calves and got knocked out. One of the news stations aired an interview with him afterwards where he said, "Yeah, I remember he hit me and the bam! I was out." It was hilarious.

That one was topped by an incident my freshman year of high school. Pink Floyd played Houston one night; this guy Shawn, who was in my geometry class, skipped school the day of the show so he could go. He even brought a note the next day from his "doctor" to confirm that he was sick. Only problem with that was, Shawn allowed himself to be interviewed by Channel 2 at the concert...and our principal saw his little 15 second cameo, along with a few other teachers. He got suspended for two days.