TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Mania XX Scenarios

Ok, my two cents on how Mania should be lined up. Its supposed to be 5 hours long so lets assume that means it should be 12 full matches, thats how I would do it at least. Probably been threads like this, but given what happened last night, now things are more noticible what can't/can be done.

INTERPROMOTIONAL MATCHES

Kane v. Taker: Theres no way to get past this one since its already been built from November. One thing though, and this might be the plan already, they should bring back the oldschool Taker to fight him.

Lesnar v. Goldberg: Again, another inevitable one. Lesnar though, loses his title at No Way Out to Eddy thanks to Goldberg's interference. This match could still be special if booked right.

Hogan v. Stone Cold (with Vince as ref?): This is the only viable reason for Austin to wrestle again, if Hogan returns at all.

Heyman v. Bischoff: Might be terrible, but sounds fun on paper. Add some stip to it like the loser will have bragging rights at the true GM of the WWE. This would segway to that title being completely banished post-Mania. You could involve any of the McMahons in this too, but not sure how, maybe have Vince/Bischoff/Heyman v. a 3 team of whoever instead or Shane/Vince v. Bischoff/Heyman?

TAG BELT TLC: Bashams v. Dudleys v. WGTT v. RVD/Jericho: With the depleted tag divisions, why bother with two tag titles? Just have the tag team champs move from show to show when need-be.

Women's match w/ both brands. Not sure how to do it, biggest bra and panties match ever? But have all the chickies in there, and the winner will take the Women's title as well, so the title should be switched to Smackdown if a gal like Torrie took it.

OTHER MATCHES

SMACKDOWN

WWE TITLE - Angle v. Guererro: Looks like Angle will turn, so he'd be the heel here. As said before, Eddy wins the title at No Way Out.

Crusierweight Battle Royale: I know they've been talking about this and I like it. Move most, if not all, CW material over to SD for this from Raw so its a full load of guys. Also they have to actually pin or something to eliminate them, not over the top rope since that would take alot out of the match with the high flyers.

Cena v. some rapper: Sounds weird but it might work. Method Man or something?

RAW

World Title: Shawn Michaels v. Chris Benoit: One of the few dream matches left in my opinion.

Rock/Foley v. HHH/Orton: This could be two seperate matches, but might be better this way.

Edge/Jeff Hardy v. Matt Hardy/Christian: Interesting twist on this old feud between the Hardys and E/C. Edge could return on Raw as well as Jeff in the next few weeks to build this. Incorportating Lita into this mix would work too.

On the pre-show (HEAT), I would have some contenders match w/ Show, Booker T, Rhyno, Steiner, etc. Winner recieves a favor of their choice at the next show they are on or something. Maybe a shot at the world title at the next brands show? Anyway, that would pretty much take care of the whole roster for Mania.

That would be horrible.

Cena should fight Big Show, and have Big Show loose the title to Cena.

Guest Besus

That would be horrible.

That would be entertaining.

I'm sick of Show/Cena. They not having good matches so I rather watch a freestyle battle.

Lesnar though, loses his title at No Way Out to Eddy thanks to Goldberg's interference.

This one really jumped out at me. Leading into the biggest PPV of all time the gold should be the focal point. A WWE champion who couldn't get the job done by himself and a former champion who can't be bothered getting his belt back to go into this PPV as the champ don't say that.

It's not a bad angle, but the timing isn't right for it. This is something better suited for some lesser ppv's.

Im pretty sure the two title matches will be:

RAW:

Benoit vs HHH

Smackdown:

Goldberg vs Lesnar

They led into both of these matches too well last night.

There are going to be a ton of 3 and 4 way matches just to get everyone involved in some fashion though.

Smackdown:

Goldberg vs Lesnar

But is it for the Title or is it non-Title? If Goldberg is indeed leaving after WMXX is he just gonna lay down for Brock as a send-off? He certainly can't win the belt if he's not coming back. Or maybe he's turning heel?

That would be horrible.

I'm sick of Show/Cena. They not having good matches so I rather watch a freestyle battle.

I don't care; just as long as Cena gets the belt from Show.

Smackdown:

Goldberg vs Lesnar

But is it for the Title or is it non-Title? If Goldberg is indeed leaving after WMXX is he just gonna lay down for Brock as a send-off? He certainly can't win the belt if he's not coming back. Or maybe he's turning heel?

Nope, non-title......neither guy would even have a belt at all. Note that I made Angle-Guererro for the WWE title instead.

In a response to an issue with Guererro as champ, I should have clarified.....its not like Eddy would come out of the match looking "lucky." Goldberg might interfere, but not cost him the match (see last night with Goldberg having to be eliminated by Angle post-Lesnar attack). Say Goldberg comes in during Lesnar-Eddy, spears him. Eddy gets a near fall but still finishes him off alone.

I guess I just dont see WHY Lesnar-Goldberg needs to be for any title, especially since it will be interpromotional. I dont like the idea of either title being challenged by the opposing brand really other than the tag titles or Women's titles. Not until they unify the world titles should that happen.

That would be horrible.

Pretty sure thats lined up for No Way Out already, and thats hardly a ppv calibur match. Having it at Mania wouldnt make much sense.

Guest wrestlingbs

This is the way I'm seeing things turn out (not necessarily how I want everything to turn out, just based on what's happened):

Goldberg vs. Lesnar for the WWE title

Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero

HHH vs. Chris Benoit for the World title

Randy Orton vs. Mick Foley for the IC title

Kane vs. Old-School Taker

Jericho vs. Christian

CW battle Royal for the CW title: Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Spike Dudley vs. Ultimo Dragon vs. Kidman vs. Tajiri vs. Aiko

Victoria vs. Trish Stratus

John Cena vs. The Big Show for the US title

Ric Flair/Batista vs. HBK/RVD for the Wolrd Tag Team Titles

Dudley's vs. TWGTT for the WWE tag team titles

Guest Anglesault

That would be horrible.

Oh, yeah.

Instead of a match or something, let's rehash what they tried last year and do a rap off between Cena and some rapper six non-rap fans have heard of.

What was the name of the guy last year? Wonderful?

Goldberg vs. Lesnar for the WWE title

Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero

I Guarantee that Kurt/Eddy without the title and with this illogical feud would be no were near the top of the card.

I'm not to sure if Show vs Cena would happen at WM 20 because WWE is promoting Cena vs Show for the U.S. title at No Way Out. Hopefully Cena will win right in front of my eyes cause I'm going to No Way out!

Guest Anglesault

What was the name of the guy last year? Wonderful?

Fabolous and Jay Z.

Jay Z I have heard of, but he pulled out early.

There were actually people here excited about the idea of this Fabulous character wasting 20 minutes at Mania.

Kane v. Taker: Theres no way to get past this one since its already been built from November. One thing though, and this might be the plan already, they should bring back the oldschool Taker to fight him.

I gotta say, I'm surprised it's in question whether Taker would be old school. That seemed like one of the most obvious plans in a long time, though being completely out of the internet loop, maybe I don't know something you guys do.

I had thought he would retire after this match, passing the torch to Kane after getting tombstoned off the top rope, although now that I've heard it, sticking around until Survivor Series makes sense too.