TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

a Precedence would be set

Guest Trivia247

If Chris Benoit does in fact win the World Championship, he would be the first wrestler in the WWE History to be Champion who was also a WWF Light Heavyweight Champion (As the Pegasus Kid) and will be the only WWE wrestler who is a World champion and a former Super J Cup winner...

Trivia is right.

No wrestler in the history of the WWE or WCW held that companies cruiser title and went on to be heavyweight champion.

The closest is Jericho who was a cruiser in WCW and then won World title's in the WWE.

I wrote about this a while ago when AJ Styles got his first shot at the NWA title since he had been their X champion. You can look it up. Or not...I don't care.

Guest Trivia247

there aren't any other J Cup winners currently employed..but you got a number of J Cup contestants

Dean Malenko

Eddy Guerrero

Funaki

the WWE probably never mentioned Benoit as a J Cup winner because they never acknowledged him as anything other than a technical heavyweight.

likewise they wouldn't acknowledge his winning of the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship in the early 90's from Villano III because the belt was floating around the world at the time and the WWF didn't have a active division then in the states

That's kind of cool. Of course the Super J Cup means jack shit to Vince. They didn't do it so it doesn't matter to them, and it would be best if the world forgot about it.

Two questions....Are there any other Super J winners employed in the WWE? and Have they ever mentioned Benoit winning the Super J??

Ultimo won the Super J cup I believe(correct me if i'm wrong Puro experts).

And I don't recall WWE mentioning Benoit's Super J Cup Win.

That's kind of cool.  Of course the Super J Cup means jack shit to Vince.  They didn't do it so it doesn't matter to them, and it would be best if the world forgot about it.

Two questions....Are there any other Super J winners employed in the WWE?  and Have they ever mentioned Benoit winning the Super J??

Only Benoit and Jushin Liger have won J Cups.

Guest Askewniverse

I'm not a puro expert at all, but Ultimo Dragon never won a Super J-Cup tournament. As far as I know, there have only been three J-Cup tournaments. Benoit won the first one (1994), while Jyushin "Thunder" Lyger won the other two (1995 and 2000).

Guest Jimbo

He hasn't won a Super J cup tourney, per say, but he did win the J Crown, which was more or less the same thing, but smaller, in 1996 over Sasuke.

I'm not a puro expert at all, but Ultimo Dragon never won a Super J-Cup tournament. As far as I know, there have only been three J-Cup tournaments. Benoit won the first one (1994), while Jyushin "Thunder" Lyger won the other two (1995 and 2000).

You are 100% correct. A 4th Super J Cup will be held this February, more info in the Puro Folder.

He hasn't won a Super J cup tourney, per say, but he did win the J Crown, which was more or less the same thing, but smaller, in 1996 over Sasuke.

Damn. I always get those words Crown and Cup mixed up.

And I love how like 15 people corrected me. Shows how little knowledge of wrestling I have.

So besides the year seperating the first and second one, it's like the olympics and only happens every 4 or 5 years?

Not really. It's just...held. No real set years. Only real yearly Juniors tourney is NJPW's Best of the Super Juniors.

Guest Deviant

When there are only two winners of something, such trivia is pretty stupid.

I'd say the fact that he'll be the first former WWF Light Heavyweight Champion to win the World is worth mentioning, although all things considered, Jericho's is more significant.

The additional thing is Benoit will have held cruiserweight gold and world gold in both WWE and WCW if I recall correctly.

I remembered Jericho wasn't lightweight champion and if I had read the first post I would have realized that.

I'm sure someone also mentioned the WWE/WCW thing but I did again.

No, Benoit was never Cruiserweight Champion in WCW.

No one has ever been both the cruiser/lightheavyweight champion and heavyweight/world champion in either WCW or WWE.

Jericho is closest, winning the cruiser in one and World in the other.

If you wanna get really anal about it, you could point out that Jericho's been both WCW and WWE cruiserweight champ...since the current fed Cruiser belt is the WCW one; they just started calling it the WWE belt one day, then changed the design.

Also - What the hell do we all bitch about if Benoit actually dethrones Hunter Helmsley?

No, seriously, if this happens we lose ALL purpose whatsoever! We'll cease to exist.

I'm prepared to take one for the team.

UYI

Guest wildpegasus
Also - What the hell do we all bitch about if Benoit actually dethrones Hunter Helmsley?

No, seriously, if this happens we lose ALL purpose whatsoever! We'll cease to exist.

I'm prepared to take one for the team.

UYI

I can and will complain. It'll be nice to see Benoit as champ but in the back of my mind will always be what could've been.

Remember when Chris Jericho was the Undisputed Champion, the first man to ever beat both Rock & Austin in two straight matches, and win two belts in the process?

Remember how people on the net love Jericho, so this should've been cause for great celebration?

And remember how, by the end of his reign, he was literally cleaning up the shit HHH's dog left on the floor?

This fed could fuck up a wet dream. I'll probably end up bitching about how stupid it is that HHH will take the belt back in 3 months, tops.

Remember when Chris Jericho was the Undisputed Champion, the first man to ever beat both Rock & Austin in two straight matches, and win two belts in the process?

Remember how people on the net love Jericho, so this should've been cause for great celebration?

And remember how, by the end of his reign, he was literally cleaning up the shit HHH's dog left on the floor?

This fed could fuck up a wet dream. I'll probably end up bitching about how stupid it is that HHH will take the belt back in 3 months, tops.

I'll go you one better, Maniac, and say HHH has the decision reversed the night after Wrestlemania XX.

UYI