TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest realsandman420

CM punk question

I'm sorta straight-edge myself. See? Little x's...

xxx

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't live the straight-edge lifestyle. I mean, sure, he might be DRUG FREE, but do you really think a guy like that would never drink alcohol or eat meat?

I'm sorta straight-edge myself. See? Little x's...

xxx

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't live the straight-edge lifestyle. I mean, sure, he might be DRUG FREE, but do you really think a guy like that would never drink alcohol or eat meat?

Well, you don't have to be vegan to be sXe.

And I sincerely doubt that CM Punk drinks alcohol. When Dreamer & Raven poured the beer on him @ Death Before Dishonor, Dreamer was looking at the labels of the cans and I'd assume he was looking for the non-alcoholic beer to pour on Punk.

Guest BrokenWings

I believe that's he legit straight edge, since he posts in his journal out of character, and I've never heard of anything pointing otherwise, Teddy Annis' bashful claims not withstanding.

I'd assume that he is indeed straight edge and dosen't drink alcohol. He talks about going to bars in his journal and talks about just drinking fruit juice. Also the whole tattoo on his stomach would lead me to believe he takes the straight edge lifestyle pretty seriously.

There's been some persistent rumors that he doesn't refrain from premarital sex, but c'mon. Even if those are true, who could blame him? He's a twenty-something guy. Live a little bit.

I am fond of the Daffney rumors, though. I kind of want those to be true.

Guest BrokenWings
There's been some persistent rumors that he doesn't refrain from premarital sex, but c'mon. Even if those are true, who could blame him? He's a twenty-something guy. Live a little bit.

I am fond of the Daffney rumors, though. I kind of want those to be true.

As a fellow who's studied Edgers for quite some time now, I believe the general consensus is that of the sex not having to be while in marriage, rather just in a serious relationship.

But opinions change from edger to edger, as you'll come across the militant or hate-edgers.

But, for the most part, sex while in a serious relationship is fine.

Though I'm not sure whether that may apply to Punk/Daffney; I haven't heard of it. Backstory?

Guest Deviant

The key part of sXe is not doing drugs of any kind, and according to every single source on the freaking planet, Punk doesn't and hasn't had any experience with drugs. I don't see why there should be any doubt on the matter, being sXe isn't impossible and Punk has it tattooed on him 2 or 3 times, so what's with the skepticism?

But, for the most part, sex while in a serious relationship is fine.

Didn't Zandig say in a shoot interview that Punk was a nice guy, but slept around alot?

I don't think so...

Zandig wouldn't know. He had Punk for one event.

F*ck that. Sex is fine, period, baby... :headbang:

F*ck that. Sex is fine, period, baby...

don't talk so foolish...

from the mouth and pen of Ian MacKaye

"Out of Step (with the world)

(I) Don't smoke

Don't drink

Don't fuck

At least I can fucking think"

sex is not fine... although, yes it is traditionally defined w/in the sXe community as no promiscuous sex but really

"pro·mis·cu·ous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-msky-s)

adj.

1. Having casual sexual relations frequently with different partners; indiscriminate in the choice of sexual partners.

2. Lacking standards of selection; indiscriminate.

3. Casual; random.

4. Consisting of diverse, unrelated parts or individuals; confused: “Throngs promiscuous strew the level green” (Alexander Pope)."

much of that is quite gray... as such as indiscriminate... and lacking of standards. i'm sure that even if we consider Punk to be an absolute whore, he still probably only sleeps w/ women he finds attractive... or meeting his standards.

anyway... the real point i'm trying to make is that a) sex is not "okay" or "fine" w/ respect to sXe. although results may vary. b) promiscuity is entirely too vague of a concept. and c) fugazi is a may better band than minor threat ever was.

IWA:MS When Hero Met Punk, Punk vs Chris Hero.

Just thought i'd say in here rather than creating a new thread about my love for this match. I thought i'd probably get bored of a 90 minute match but it just drew me in, i felt emotionaly involved in this match. It had me literally in the edge of my seat - even knowing the outcome for the the last half hour. Its defiantly a very strong contender for my favorite match at the moment. That is all.

Well, CM Punk does have "straight edge" tattooed on his stomach and I don't think he'd get a tattoo just to further a gimmick.

I admire the guy.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

I want to know why he has the Pepsi tattoo.

Someone tell me.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

Thanks.

And that's a great answer from CM, in my opinion. Tattoos should be symbolic of your beliefs and who you are, they shouldn't just be some random shit like a butterfly on the small of your back, meaning absolutely nothing.

Guest Jimbo
Didn't Zandig say in a shoot interview that Punk was a nice guy, but slept around alot?

No Drugs and No Drinking is fine....but No Sex? Is that possible?

I believe that was Ian Rotten.

Guest Deviant

Personally, I don't think anyone's sex life is any of my business unless they publically talk about it.

Speaking of which, Punk has had at least two long-running and serious girlfriends, which would be kind of impossible for a whore.

Also, I have When Hero Met Punk sitting next to my VCR and ready to be played. Unfortunately, I'm watching things chronologically, and also ordered their 55 minute tables and ladders match and 60 minute draw, and have unwatched ROH, Malenko vs Guerrero and some other stuff... It could be a while until I get to it, but it's good to know that they make it work.