TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Benoit vs. HHH to change

I envision Benoit beating HHH and HBK at WMXX then facing HHH at Backlash where he loses the belt due to an HBK heel turn in Canada.

Kliq is reborn and Randy Orton turning face either at Mania or shortly after by showing respect to foley after has beats him in a long feud and a new heeled HBK gives him the SCM for being a pussy.

This leaves Orton and Benoit vs. HHH and HBK for feuds throughout the fall.

Jericho gets thrown intot the mix when they drop Benoit down from the main event slot so a face HHH can feud with a heel Orton at WMXXI.

Guest KJ Brackish

GOOD GOOD GOOD.....I like this idea.... maybe HBK will win the World Title again and force Benoit back to Smackdown! where he belongs, with the other group of losers (with the exception of Kurt, Taker, and um....well...that's about it.)

DFA

Guest reshad974

Mark my words guys : if Chris Benoit don't face TripleH in the last match on the card at WM XX, I will stop watching WWE programming FOREVER !

Guest wrestlingbs

Although I don't know what this means in terms of Benoit winning, I can sure as hell guarentee it will make Benoit look like a third wheel in the match he's supposed to be the star of. MSG loves HBK, so if Benoit works as a face he's the #2 face, and if he works as a heel he's overshadowed by the champ. And if he pins HBK, the crowd will boo the guy, making it seem like putting the title on him was a mistake.

If HHH really did plot to do this to Benoit, you have to give him credit for it.

I actually like the idea of HHH vs Michaels vs Benoit, by itself it's a good match...but they completly shit on the Rumble by having the 3 way match. Plus with this being Benoit's shot I'm not at all suprised by them pulling this crap. Just give Shawn his rematch at No Way Out and do a one on one match at Mania...I just hope they don't overbook it like they did Wrestlemania 2000.

Remember Michaels returning the job cleanly at all?

Yeah I don't remember that match either...oh wait it didn't happen. Don't get to comfortable that the job will be returned at Backlash...or at all.

Uhm, Michaels tapped out to the Boston Crab on RAW a few weeks later so you really didn't remember.

He returned the job in July.......4 months later and it was after mucho interference and cheating by Jericho. And I remember calling that happening to.

Guest CubbyBear
Shawn Michaels has no business being anywhere near the main event at Wrestlemania at this point in his career.

Considering that he's pretty much the best OVERALL worker on the Raw roster, he most certainly does.

But I do think that it would be more effective to have Benoit vs. HHH for the belt only because they've been building this "Benoit capturing his dream" story forever.

I like the idea of Rock vs. HBK. What I would do is this: They could book the HBK/HHH rematch for a Monday Night Raw in a couple of weeks. Austin wants to insure that there is no screw job so he appoints a special referee for the match - a referee that will make sure there is a winner - The Rock. Leading up to the match, Austin stresses to Rock that there MUST be a winner. HHH and Rock will obviously have heat but we will also see HBK plant the seeds for a heel turn with HBK's passion for the business coming in and how he's busted his ass while Rock only wrestles when he feels like it and thinks Hollywood is more important. They need to give the match 30 minutes for it to feel like the true blowoff to the feud. The finish would be the Bret Hart/Undertaker finish from Summerslam 97. HHH would try to use a chair but Rock would take it away. HHH spits in Rock's face. Rock swings the chair, HHH ducks, and Rock hammers HBK. HHH hits the pedigree and Rock has no choice but to count.

From there, It has a built in story where HBK can talk about how he literaly broke his back for the business while Rock doesn't appreciate it and chooses to come back whenever he feels like it and take the spotlight away from the guys that put their body on the line. They carry this right into Mania where we have another high-quality dream match with Rock/Shawn. After Mania, a heel HBK can go on to feud with Benoit for the belt.

Shawn Michaels has no business being anywhere near the main event at Wrestlemania at this point in his career.

Considering that he's pretty much the best OVERALL worker on the Raw roster, he most certainly does.

What!? You do realize that Benoit is now a part of the RAW roster don't you? If you think HBK is better.....you're insane.

You can already see how bad for Benoit this is going to be. The story on RAW is all about HBK not getting another shot at the title. By the time Mania gets here...

God...any heat Benoit could have is going to be scooped by this crap.

This is really easy to predict.

Benoit wins the title at WM by pinning HBK. Trips leaves for a while.. (as he always tends to, for a movie, injury or something)

Orton faces (and defeats) Benoit in his hometown at Backlash, to make Orton look like a bigger heel.

When Trips gets back, he pulls the "I never actually lost" card, and feuds with Orton 'til SS.

Benoit goes right back to the midcard where he bel..

*ahem*

Just watch. It's perfect logic for the WWE.

Guest CubbyBear
What!? You do realize that Benoit is now a part of the RAW roster don't you? If you think HBK is better.....you're insane.

And if you noticed, I put the best OVERALL performer. HBK and Benoit in the ring are extremely close. I personally enjoyed watching HBK better. Lots of people can say Benoit is better in the ring, I can respect that.

That being said, From a mic skills and charisma standpoint, Benoit doesn't touch HBK.

This is about the stupidest thing I've heard all year. It makes the RR completely pointless, as Benoit's solid hour of hark work apparantly doesn't match HBK NOT WINNING the last title shot he had.

Not sure if you're replying to my idea, but if you are, my idea does have Benoit going to Wrestlemania and facing the champ because of his Royal Rumble win.

Guest Deebo

Wow, this fucking sucks. HBK is my favorite wrestler and I'd love to see him get the belt again but I really want everything to go right for Benoit and for him to get this win at WM.

Fuck you HHH and Vince!

Guest CubbyBear
Jericho is much better than HBK, both in the ring and on the mic.

I think they're pretty even in both. HBK is more over as a babyface than Jericho though. And in my opinion, HBK is more quicker and crisp in the ring than Jericho.

I think they're pretty even in both. HBK is more over as a babyface than Jericho though. And in my opinion, HBK is more quicker and crisp in the ring than Jericho.

Considering Jericho isn't a full-blown face..I'd say that's not too significant.

Jericho has a much better grasp of psychology and selling than HBK does.

Guest CubbyBear

Maybe psychology but after watching HBK's selling job at the Royal Rumble as well as back at the Survivor Series I'd have to saying no to the selling part. Shawn stumbling around, spaghetti-legged, covered in blood, with the look in his eyes like he's out on his feet but still telling HHH to keep it coming was a pretty incredible visual. I haven't seen Jericho do anything better.

Considering Jericho isn't a full-blown face..I'd say that's not too significant.

Jericho doing the run-in tonight and saving the girl from the big monster and then getting injured in the process isn't a full-blown babyface? They're certainly portraying him as one.

Maybe psychology but after watching HBK's selling job at the Royal Rumble as well as back at the Survivor Series I'd have to saying no to the selling part. Shawn stumbling around, spaghetti-legged, covered in blood, with the look in his eyes like he's out on his feet but still telling HHH to keep it coming was a pretty incredible visual. I haven't seen Jericho do anything better.

Until he inevitebly no sells everything like Hogan circa...well...always.

Kip up. And Jesus has cured his ills.

Guest CubbyBear

I agree with all that. HBK kipping up obviously destroys the selling he's doing earlier in the match. But when he is selling, like what I talked about at the Royal Rumble match, Jericho isn't on the level of that IMO.

Well...you'd have to go back to when Jericho was a face...since heels aren't usually put in the same situations (except for special cases like HBK in the first HIAC with Taker).

I remember back in 2000 Jericho was great at it. The Last Man Standing with HHH stands out in my mind as a great near death selling performance.

Guest CubbyBear
Well...you'd have to go back to when Jericho was a face...since heels aren't usually put in the same situations (except for special cases like HBK in the first HIAC with Taker).

I remember back in 2000 Jericho was great at it. The Last Man Standing with HHH stands out in my mind as a great near death selling performance.

Funny you mention that as I actually watched that match earlier today. He did do a great selling job but I still think HBK's Royal Rumble performance, as well as the HIAC match, were just a little better and more believable. Other matches HBK has had with guys like Sid and Diesel show the same thing, with him just selling and bumping his ass off.

Guest Deviant

I fully expect HHH vs HBK vs Benoit, because as long as WWE are actually giving fans what they want, they figure it should at least be in the worst (realistically thinking) way imaginable.

Lesnar vs Benoit, following three months of logical build up, was just too damn simple. HHH and HBK needed something different for round 9, and having run through four or so gimmick matches, they figured ruining Benoit's big moment was the best way to go.

Seems about right to me.

Guest Deviant

Oh, and HHH vs Y2J > HHH vs HBK as far as Last Man Standing matches go.

And as long as I'm posting twice, I might as well bring some sort of positivity: The idea of HHH vs HBK vs Benoit sucks, and the fact that they are going to go with it rather than Benoit vs Lesnar really, really sucks... but Benoit going over BOTH HHH and HBK does not suck. Now if they make it an elimination match ala ECW, I could REALLY be happy about it.

Guest KJ Brackish
Until he inevitebly no sells everything like Hogan circa...well...always.

I just see it as HBK is showing how much stamina he really has, because after wrestling a pretty long match, you DO lose your stamina. For him to explode in a guy's face with a flying cross chop and follow it up with an immediate kip up is just oozing stamina. I just hope to GOD that they don't give Benoit longer than a month long run with the title. If they have the belt on him any longer.... the RAW brand will return to completely boring and the World Title will lose image as non-titlists like HBK, HHH, and Batista are main eventing whilst Benoit is going to mid-card the RAW's following Mania.

DFA

PS: The first part of the post (minus the HBK parts) we're venting my BENOIT frustrations. I really mean the last part. HHH is gonna screw Benoit and dampen the World Title image (I mean....please don't make it worse than what it is.)

Wow, this fucking sucks. HBK is my favorite wrestler and I'd love to see him get the belt again but I really want everything to go right for Benoit and for him to get this win at WM

Ditto. As much as HBK is my all-time favorite, I'd hate for Benoit to be a third-wheeler in the biggest 'Mania of all-time. He earned his spot to be #1 contender and he should be. HBK vs Benoit at 'Mania I'd love. Triple Threat? Please no. Even more so now that I have managed to get a pretty great WMXX ticket to watch live history being made. This stinks of HHH non-job to me, wether Benoit gets the belt or not.

And if you noticed, I put the best OVERALL performer. HBK and Benoit in the ring are extremely close. I personally enjoyed watching HBK better. Lots of people can say Benoit is better in the ring, I can respect that.

That being said, From a mic skills and charisma standpoint, Benoit doesn't touch HBK.

This is about the stupidest thing I've heard all year. It makes the RR completely pointless, as Benoit's solid hour of hark work apparantly doesn't match HBK NOT WINNING the last title shot he had.

Not sure if you're replying to my idea, but if you are, my idea does have Benoit going to Wrestlemania and facing the champ because of his Royal Rumble win.

I don't give a damn about mic skills and charisma. I'm in this for the wrestling and HBK CANNOT touch Benoit in the ring......hell he can't even come close....they aren't even in the same league. And that's pretty much a fact not an opinion.