TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Smackdown rating

SMACKDOWN RATING

by Dave Scherer @ 4:31:32 PM on 2/6/2004

The 2/5 edition of Smackdown did a 3.4 broadcast rating, with a 5 share, according to Nielsen Media Research. That was down from last week’s 3.6, but was also up against the first week of the February sweeps, which saw first run editions of other programs and the Thursday debut of Survivor All Stars. Both NBC and CBS had double digit increases in their audience this week. The highest rated segment of Smackdown came at 8:45, when Eddie Guerrero faced off with Brock Lesnar.

From PWInsider.com

Eddy certainly looks to be grabbing a fair chunk of ratings at the moment. If No Way Out can manage a decent buyrate, given the almost total lack of build-up for the other matches, I'd say WWE will be forced to give Eddy a decent run with the title. Which would be nice.

Guest Choken One

The title would be shifted to Angle or back to Lesnar (god knows Brock and the Title can't be seperated for longer then 3 months or the world will implode) before we ever get the Buyrate results.

NWO is COMPLETELY being sold on Eddy's Mexican Heritage which is quite a smart ploy as it's the largest market WWE has, they finally realize they have to tap into that market, Wouldn't surprise me if they give fellow Mexicans Chavo and Rey (not really Mexican but hispanic nontheless) long time on the show as well...

NWO is COMPLETELY being sold on Eddy's Mexican Heritage which is quite a smart ploy as it's the largest market WWE has, they finally realize they have to tap into that market, Wouldn't surprise me if they give fellow Mexicans Chavo and Rey (not really Mexican but hispanic nontheless) long time on the show as well...

Eddy and Chavo aren't "Mexican" either. They're Texans.

Although they would be Mexicans if America didn't steal that land that's currently Texas.

Um...Mexican Heritage dumb ass.

You mean "hispanic heritage," dumbass. WWE's plugging him as if he would be the "first Mexican WWE Champion." He's technically a native-born American.

Rey Mistero is from San Diego and Guerreros are from El Paso. Well using WWE logic I think they are Latinos not hispanic unless you are refering that WWE is going to panic if the Mexicans get over on skill.

Guest Choken One

That would SO fucking rule.

Am I the only one who thinks the current NWO commerical is a embarrasment?

The commercial for NWO says Eddie will have a boxer in his corner.

According to Meltzer, that has been changed.

Rey will now have Jorge Paez in his corner for his match against Chavo.

And to quote Meltzer "As if anybody cares"

The commercial for NWO says Eddie will have a boxer in his corner.

According to Meltzer, that has been changed.

Rey will now have Jorge Paez in his corner for his match against Chavo.

And to quote Meltzer "As if anybody cares"

They should have gone with Julio Cesar Chavez. He really was a boxing legand and is still remembered in the hispanic community. Hell, they could have even gone with Oscar De La Hoya and they might have even gotten mainstream attention.

Guest Choken One

I doubt Oscar would go for that...

When does WWE do that Mexico Show?

I GOTTA wonder what will headline that show? (please note scarcasm)