TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest goar

(International?) Heat Matches

Guest goar

I don't think I missed any matches. We arrived right at 5:30 (the time printed on the ticket) and Stevie was coming to the ring.

Test b. Stevie Richards with the Big Boot.

Rico pinned Val Venis after a kick to the head. Val was playing heel.

La Resistance b. Dudleys when Dupree (I think) pinned Bubba clean.

If the show came off bad on tv (and I'm not going to watch to find out), it came off horrible live. Nothing happened in the ring all night. There was at least a forty-five minute period where the only in-ring action was that Kane-Hurricane abortion. During the commerical break (I assume) Flair worked over Benoit's leg and Benoit used a Sharpshooter.

After the cameras went off, Austin came out and let Foley have a beer to use as an ice pack. Foley told RVD he would leave Rasheed Wallace's bag unguarded for RVD to keep. There was some toasting and bantering but I was so pissed by that point I left before it ended.

Guest goar

Maybe not ever, but it's really frustrating to pay for a ticket and watch a partially obstructed screen for more than half of the time you're there.

To be honest, it may not even be the worst Raw I've been to. I was at the WCW Raw where Buff and Booker stunk up the joint.

I was at a raw one time where they promised us Bret-Bulldog in a cage and ended up giving us Duke Droese/HHH in a cage. Also on that same raw they had about a one hour time period between matches. Due to the taping schedule we had the break between one of the four shows being taped, a Vader interview where Yokozune crushed a fake Cornette and the HBK/Hart/Piper interview segment which set up the iron man match. The next match out was HBK/123 kid.

Guest goar

I think the crowd was hot at first, for instance Val Venis got a huge reaction. But it hurt that two of the guys they most wanted to cheer were suddenly doing heelish things. Goldberg spears Austin (who, flat out, was the man here) and HBK superkicks Benoit. Obviously, neither were intended to be heel turns, but it still took the edge off the cheers. And, no matter how hot you are to start, watching tv for forty-five minutes straight takes you down.

Still, anyone who went to tv tapings during the Prime Time Wrestling/Early to mid 90's Raw period would never call that show one of the worst ever. Unless of course you like jobber matches over and over and over and over and over again.

Still, anyone who went to tv tapings during the Prime Time Wrestling/Early to mid 90's Raw period would never call that show one of the worst ever.  Unless of course you like jobber matches over and over and over and over and over again.

He's right. I went to a Monday Night RAW in February 1995 and there was about a 20:5 ratio of jobber matches to non-jobber matches. One of the non-jobber matches was Jeff Jarrett vs. Diesel for the WWF Title, so that didn't help matters. We got a great Shawn Michaels vs. British Bulldog match and the last match of the show was a great Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart Submission Match, but still, sitting through 4 hours of an event that is 90% jobber matches was easily worse than this. Oh yeah, we also had to sit through a 15-minute angle (a novelty at the time) of The King's Court with Jerry Lawler with Shawn Michaels introducing Sid as his new bodyguard.

Guest goar
that was a nice comment by Foley about RVD/Rasheed Wallace's bag.......LOL.

The funny thing is, we got home to find out Rasheed had been traded. I'm not sure if that was common knowledge going in, or if Rasheed even knew since he was there.

Rico pinned Val Venis after a kick to the head. Val was playing heel.

WOOHOO! Rico got his JOB back. :D

Guest goar
Still, anyone who went to tv tapings during the Prime Time Wrestling/Early to mid 90's Raw period would never call that show one of the worst ever.  Unless of course you like jobber matches over and over and over and over and over again.

He's right. I went to a Monday Night RAW in February 1995 and there was about a 20:5 ratio of jobber matches to non-jobber matches. One of the non-jobber matches was Jeff Jarrett vs. Diesel for the WWF Title, so that didn't help matters. We got a great Shawn Michaels vs. British Bulldog match and the last match of the show was a great Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart Submission Match, but still, sitting through 4 hours of an event that is 90% jobber matches was easily worse than this. Oh yeah, we also had to sit through a 15-minute angle (a novelty at the time) of The King's Court with Jerry Lawler with Shawn Michaels introducing Sid as his new bodyguard.

Ok, I concede, not the worst show ever. I admit I was just really frustrated. Worst show of 2004?

Guest Max Peter David

I thought booking wise it was an excellent show, the best of 2004.

Wrestling wise, hey its Raw.