TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

OAO America's X-Cup

Guest TDinDC1112
WOOF.

I kinda have to agree with Coffey here. That show was BAD. I liked the final match somewhat, but that finish was TERRIBLE. I mean, maybe it was because I expected TNA to win, but come on now... Lynn had the crowd in his hand and then he gets dealt with like a bitch. Of course, the fact that they had Jarrett on AGAIN and wasted more of my time with another non-wrestler probably helpped make me into an even more bitter bastard concerning this show.

BTW, how dumb is it to book the AAA guys to work multiple matches after they'd just done a tour in Japan, anyway?

You're right. TNA is always dumb. No matter what they do, they suck. Even when they have a good week after 10 bad ones, they still suck because they're TNA.

Guest TDinDC1112
I don't understand how there could have been technical fuck-ups, it was a taped show, all the muppets had to do was broadcast it!

Is that a TNA mistake, or an in-demand mistake?

After downloading it, it wasn't great or anything, but most of the matches ranged from medium to good. WAY better than TNA has been doing lately--which is more of an indictment of TNA than anything. The average IWA-MS or RoH show still has way better wrestling, and better storylines...TNA really needs someone to light a fire under their asses.

Guest TDinDC1112
It was a TNA mistake, it happened to everyone, clearly indicating a bad tape.

Did it happen on DirecTV?

Guest TDinDC1112
Good question, don't know, I havent seen anyone yet who had no problems with it. I guess it is possible that In-Demand completely went haywire.

You know, I just don't see how it can be TNA's fault. I mean, like they'd hand over a tape that was all messed up? I'm sure they watched it. Especially with the news from Buck Woodward at PWInsider that the replay was fine, I would think that In-demand fucked it up. I think TNA is getting blamed for something that wasn't their fault. They manage to get a live show right every week, but the 1 week where In Demand is responsible for the show and it's all messed up leads me to believe it was In Demand's fault.

Dave Meltzer said it was one of TNA's best shows ever and he said all of the matches were much better than he was led to believe. He seemed to really like it. I wish I had the internet or tv so I could watch it, but I'm stuck using library computers for now.

Guest TDinDC1112

I honestly think last night's show is exactly what they should have been doing since day 1. When they first started, for the first 2 months everyone was saying about the X-division - "this is the future of wrestling, blah blah." It was very different from WWE, a true alternative style. Then, they ditched it, and basically they are a VERY POOR MAN'S version of WWE.

Last night they went 10 minute match, 1 minute interview to build up next match, 10 minute match, interview, match, bam bam bam - total non stop action. They should have been doing this every show for the last 2 years, with about an hour at least of it every week just being X-divsion wrestling.

I can't believe anyone is praising that botch fest. It's official, this board now makes me sick. Good day.

Gotta say it, its people like YOU who bring this board down and make ME sick with incessant bitching and moaning......can never be happy and if *gasp* someone actually talks about the good stuff a company is doing instead of just harboring on the negatives, then to you, its a shitty forum. Go figure. It's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but seriously, you're just as bad as someone who biasely thinks a certain company can do no wrong, you're just the opposite of it. If you dont like the style of wrestling that was put on last night (lucha/x division based) then you're entitled to that. But other than that....well give me a fucking break, it wasnt like this was the worst show ever, well over half of the TNA shows on average, if not more, were MUCH MUCH worse than this, even to the most critical around. This wasnt as good as the first X-Cup, but I gotta say it still held its own ground VERY strongly and was probably in the top 10 of the best TNA shows ever, in my opinion.

The technical problems pissed me off, I'll admit, but it still didnt mean the show sucked by any means. I really wish that they would furnish a replay of the show for free though.

Opener was pretty good, as was most of the singles matches. The tag matches.....eh, they didnt do much for me. As for the last match, very well done, and the only thing I would change would be to have Lynn actually have tied the match and THEN it would have been going into the captains match with those two, all it would have taken was about 5 or so extra minutes to really build even more drama into that match and made it REALLY something else. Plus since that match with Juvi and Lynn would have been scheduled for next week, it would have been a great idea to get people to tune in next week and load that show up even more.

The Jarrett stuff, I dunno, it was what it was, and it led to something significant so whatever, I wasnt as pissed as some. Plus it wasnt like it took that much time out of the show, maybe 5-10 minutes tops? I didnt like how the AAA team was immediately interrupted by Jarrett though. Storyline or not, I think thats shitty of that to happen and it demeans the entire tournament.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I actually thought that the matches(or at least what I could watch during the tech problems) were at least solid. But, the way the tournament was booked was pretty mediocre.

Guest Salacious Crumb
Dave Meltzer said it was one of TNA's best shows ever and he said all of the matches were much better than he was led to believe. He seemed to really like it. I wish I had the internet or tv so I could watch it, but I'm stuck using library computers for now.

No way. This is still behind the first X show, the show with the AMW/XXX cage match and several of the early shows with the X division.

Guest TDinDC1112
I can't believe anyone is praising that botch fest. It's official, this board now makes me sick. Good day.

Gotta say it, its people like YOU who bring this board down and make ME sick with incessant bitching and moaning......can never be happy and if *gasp* someone actually talks about the good stuff a company is doing instead of just harboring on the negatives, then to you, its a shitty forum. Go figure. It's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but seriously, you're just as bad as someone who biasely thinks a certain company can do no wrong, you're just the opposite of it. If you dont like the style of wrestling that was put on last night (lucha/x division based) then you're entitled to that. But other than that....well give me a fucking break, it wasnt like this was the worst show ever, well over half of the TNA shows on average, if not more, were MUCH MUCH worse than this, even to the most critical around. This wasnt as good as the first X-Cup, but I gotta say it still held its own ground VERY strongly and was probably in the top 10 of the best TNA shows ever, in my opinion.

The technical problems pissed me off, I'll admit, but it still didnt mean the show sucked by any means. I really wish that they would furnish a replay of the show for free though.

Opener was pretty good, as was most of the singles matches. The tag matches.....eh, they didnt do much for me. As for the last match, very well done, and the only thing I would change would be to have Lynn actually have tied the match and THEN it would have been going into the captains match with those two, all it would have taken was about 5 or so extra minutes to really build even more drama into that match and made it REALLY something else. Plus since that match with Juvi and Lynn would have been scheduled for next week, it would have been a great idea to get people to tune in next week and load that show up even more.

The Jarrett stuff, I dunno, it was what it was, and it led to something significant so whatever, I wasnt as pissed as some. Plus it wasnt like it took that much time out of the show, maybe 5-10 minutes tops? I didnt like how the AAA team was immediately interrupted by Jarrett though. Storyline or not, I think thats shitty of that to happen and it demeans the entire tournament.

Couldn't have said it better.

You're right. TNA is always dumb. No matter what they do, they suck. Even when they have a good week after 10 bad ones, they still suck because they're TNA.

Holy Overreacting, Batman!

Booking guys to work multiple matches in one night(while probably not the entire case here) *is* stupid, so chill with the overdramatizing BS. Doing it wears them out and you get botches like in quite a few of those matches last night.

And before you go running off at the mouth using Red's rationale for why certain people wouldn't like the show, I do like lucha, but only when it's well-done and it wasn't well-done last night.

I liked the booking of the show. There was drama there at the end with Lynn (under fire for his selections for the NWA team) trying to come back and force a tie.

Anyway...since the replays don't have the tech problems...this couldn't have been TNA's fault. They ran the matches and taped the show. Which obviuously worked every time except the one that counts.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Now I'm glad I don't always order the first showing incase something like this. Must've been a production fault, because they also taped the Super X/War Games matches for September 3rd (may be wrong on date) and the 1st broadcast was perfect.

Shit happens. (Cough:WWE RAW starting in SPANISH for about 3 minutes)

I was very entertained while watching last night's show, so that is good enough for me. I had the DirecTV replay, and no goofs. I expected a tie ending with a Captain's Match since that's the rule of wrestling-if it can go to a tie, it will...but it surprised me that it didn't.

I can't believe they pulled a TLC4 at the end. That pissed me off more than not seeing/hearing the first half hour. I remember several months back when they'd use their newsletter to make fun of the ludicrous stuff WWE was doing. I hope they don't "have the balls" to do that again any time soon.

Guest Coffey

GODDAMN!! THERE WAS AT LEAST FIVE FUCKING BOTCHED SPOTS PER GODDAMN MATCH!! ARE YOU PEOPLE FUCKING RETARDED!

I usually like NWA, I'm not some "uber-leet NWA hater." Last night was AWFUL! Abismo Negro was one of the worst wrestlers I have ever watched, and I had to watch him wrestle three times. Essa Rios is now fat and wrestled with some terrible ass pants with his asscrack and nutsack hanging out the whole time. Juventud looked like he was trying to go too fast and all of his moves looked sloppy. Elix even managed to mess up one of his signature moves. EZ Money called it the Money Clip. Elix called it the "I guess I can't fucking do this move."

I think a lot of you people are in denial because you want NWA to succeed.

Guest Markingout
Abismo Negro was one of the worst wrestlers I have ever watched, and I had to watch him wrestle three times.

Agreed with that. I am also not a fan of Garza they are way too big for wrestling guys like Dutt and Sabin. Aguilia was kind of spotty still was pretty good.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I liked Abismo Negro because he brought me down memory lane. Go go Power Rangers! Kim was hot.

Damn Baka-ing straight!

Abismo Negro was one of the worst wrestlers I have ever watched, and I had to watch him wrestle three times.

Agreed with that. I am also not a fan of Garza they are way too big for wrestling guys like Dutt and Sabin. Aguilia was kind of spotty still was pretty good.

Couldn't agree more.

Also... It seems like time came up and bitchslapped Garza and Rios all to hell. I know WCW and the old WWF Lightheavyweight division were years ago and all, but DAMN...

Guest TDinDC1112
GODDAMN!! THERE WAS AT LEAST FIVE FUCKING BOTCHED SPOTS PER GODDAMN MATCH!! ARE YOU PEOPLE FUCKING RETARDED!

I usually like NWA, I'm not some "uber-leet NWA hater." Last night was AWFUL! Abismo Negro was one of the worst wrestlers I have ever watched, and I had to watch him wrestle three times. Essa Rios is now fat and wrestled with some terrible ass pants with his asscrack and nutsack hanging out the whole time. Juventud looked like he was trying to go too fast and all of his moves looked sloppy. Elix even managed to mess up one of his signature moves. EZ Money called it the Money Clip. Elix called it the "I guess I can't fucking do this move."

There's botched spots in every wrestling match if you really want to look for them.

Two points.......

1) Five botched spots per match my ass.

2) It has nothing to do with people wanting TNA to succeed or not, I've been as critical of the next when they put on bad shows but to say this was anything around 'awful' is ridiculous.

You're right.  TNA is always dumb.  No matter what they do, they suck.  Even when they have a good week after 10 bad ones, they still suck because they're TNA.

Holy Overreacting, Batman!

Booking guys to work multiple matches in one night(while probably not the entire case here) *is* stupid, so chill with the overdramatizing BS. Doing it wears them out and you get botches like in quite a few of those matches last night.

And before you go running off at the mouth using Red's rationale for why certain people wouldn't like the show, I do like lucha, but only when it's well-done and it wasn't well-done last night.

I will say this much, I dont think the problem was booking them for multiple matches in one night, since that didnt happen here. Essentially, they booked two different times to put this show together, I think the first night was the singles matches (which I didnt see any of them other than Negro-Skipper being dissapointing) and then the second week was the tag matches and finale. That explains the complaint also of some spots being done again, I noticed this with the AAA guys on occasion especially.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Special News Flash~!

Bret Hart & Ric Flair, two of the most popular wrestlers of my time, worked the same matches over and over.

Just because they do the same spots doesn't make a match bad. Everyone is just grasping for anything they can to be negative here.