Ween

The Jazz Mandolin Project featuring Jamie Masefield and Jon Fishman

Jo Jo and his Mojo Mardi Gras Band

Guster

Patti Smith and Her Band

The Radiators

Hackensaw Boys

New Monsoon

Noo, I owe my pops $722 from Spring Break.

I am half way there payin him back, so once that happens in 2-3 weeks, I'll get my ticket.

Darr, looks like I won't be able to go. :(

I have to take off of work for my break in between this semester ending and the summer session, about 10 days. My soon-to-be Step Mom is moving into our house, so I need to help her move.

I doubt I can take another bunch of days off a few weeks later.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Believe it or not, I'm actually probably going to go to this now. Strictly for Ween, Primus, and drugs, though seeing Dylan and David Byrne will be ok. The rest of the hippie action can suck it.

Ten bucks says you'll like Trey.

It isn't really "hippie" music, or better known as a jam band. It is a 9 piece band that sounds more like a rock band, if anything.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If that's Trey as in Anastasio, I can just about guarantee that I won't. Most of Oysterhead's cd is a rare exception for me, as I utterly loathe Phish. I'm not totally close minded on the subject, as anything can sound listenable when totally twisted on hallucinogenics, but you won't see me anywhere near the stage when String Cheese or their ilk are up there. I'd flip out and do something regrettable.

Okay, it's a week and counting until Bonnarro offically starts.

Just to update those who are going, and have neglected to check their e-mail lately.

No glass containers will be allowed at Bonnaroo, supposedly. Any containers found will be confiscated.

However, the guys the event has hired to check vehicles are local high school kids, so a bit of ingenuity will suffice. But needless to say, if you do bring some beer in, throw it away properly.

Secondly, the drug content will be HIGH. AHAHAHAHAHAHHA, I'm so funny. Yeah, anyway...

The most important thing to bring is your ticket.

The second most important thing to bring is a shitload of ice & water. The festival charges obscene amounts of money for a pound of ice, which will be half melted before you get it back to your campsite. Same with water, except it doesn't melt. I expect these fuckers to try and sell you $3 water bottles with no caps. Just remember the words of Elder Carlin; "Nuh uh, bulllshit!" Bring as much as water as you can. I've already got one orange water cooler secured, and I'm looking for another. Remember, you'll be standing around in a Tennessee field in June, with no trees, and no concrete hope for rain.

They will also have a wireless intrarnet system set up, so festival-goers can set up meetings and leave messages for each other.

With that said, who else here is still going? It might be interesting to meet AoO.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

You could get the chance. I'm getting my ticket this morning.

The question is, do you really want to meet a burly headbanger you know from the internet who is very definitely going to be on acid?

--Ok, I now have my ticket.

Let's get a final Bonnaroo roll call.

I was going to go, but there's really not many bands that I want to see ...

First day: I'd go to Ani, Chris Robinson & Vida Blue, but otherwise could take or leave the other acts. (Count Danger Mouse as someone that I'd check out, but it's at the same time as Vida Blue). Second day: Los Lobos, Jazz Mandolin Project & Primus. Third day: MMW & Trey. (and I normally don't really like Trey's solo stuff, so it'd be tough to stick through the entire set.)

Not enough bands to justify spending the ducats for tix. Not this year, I guess.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm using Bonnaroo as a base camp for my summer vacation. I've got some paid time off, and I'm going to secure some things to keep me busy while I visit the ocean and the mountains. I'm going to be so sunburned.

The question is, do you really want to meet a burly headbanger you know from the internet who is very definitely going to be on acid?

Yes please?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'll be making a spectacle of myself someplace. Either that or just walk up to random blond men and ask them if they're Agent of Oblivion from the internet.

Either way, I'm easy to find.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Bonnaroo checklist:

1. Beers and Water and Ice

2. Tickets

3. Cigarettes

4. Trade Goods

5. Food

6. Fire: good.

7. Spare Clothing

8. Camping gear (I'm not really planning on sleeping much, if so, I'll probably just flop down in the dirt someplace.)

9. Sunscreen: SPF-Infinity

10. Walkie Talkies.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm looking to leave late thursday. That way, I'll get there just before the asscrack of dawn on Friday, I'll pop the tent up, get situated, eat some mushrooms, and go watch Dylan in one fell swoop.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh! and the best news yet..The newschannel5 weather forecast:

5day.jpg

Thunderstorms alllllll weekend, baby. Who's ready for a mudhole?

I live around twenty minutes away, and I won't go because I have no money. Damn Cracker Barrell and their not scheduling me.

Im leaving in two hours...

I managed to fit all my shit in one backpack, one small cooler, and a tent bag....I may have to walk/hitch part of the way, should be interesting...

Report from Bonnarro.

Not so great, so far.

End Transmission.

PS. Dude, AoO, I can't find you anywhere. Oh well. I found some shrooms anyway.

Guest mesepher

so what did everyone think? This event reminded me of a typical wrestling show where the undercard far outshined the main event headliners . . . for me, anyways.

Wasn't able to go, but this definitely would have been the Bonnaroo for me to go see.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I barely watched any music. I watched a fraction of Ween's set, and the DJ from Jurassic 5. Someone might have seen me waiting in the crowd before the Dead went on. I had been eating mushrooms since five that morning, and drinking our special "BonnaBroo" which was whiskey, cognac, triplesec, half a bottle of chapagne, three cups of fruit cocktail, and a small bottle of ginger ale. It cooked in the sun all day. Total vomit recipe.

I passed out face first in the mud from a standing position. No joke. I felt people pulling me up, someone yelled "Legs, man! LEGS!" and I got my footing, then was cheered by hundreds. I promptly shuffled over behind the sound setup and ralphed my guts out. The liquid acid was pristine and very worth eight dollars, but some vile creep burned us on some paper. I vowed to choke him should I see him, but it's easy to vanish in a crowd of over 100,000.

I went solely for the spectacle, and to get wasted without concern. I would have gone farther, but I blew every last dime except for the emergency get home gas fund at the festival.

Primus was going to go on way later than expected, and I sat on a bench at Centeroo for a few hours waiting for the dead to finish, then I watched Ween warm up like I mentioned. I started to feel like I was going to die, said fuck it, and trudged back to the tent through the filth.

I'm sunburned and going through withdrawls for seven or eight substances. I doubt I'll ever go back to that festival. It was viciously expensive, the infrastructure was PATHETIC, the toiletries were foul, and there were scam artists everwhere. Also, none of those filthy bastards would help me get my truck out of the mud. Cocksuckers. Always there when you need 'em huh? Sure, if they can make a buck. I hate those scandalous tour creeps.

I glanced at a few of the openers and wasn't even impressed. What a shitty show with a great atmosphere. I still had fun, but I'm definitely never going back to Bonnaroo. It didn't help matters that I really can't stand any of the three headlining acts, and the fact that Willie Nelson pulled out irked me greatly.

The smell was horrific.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Don't know, I barely watched any of it except for some of Ween and some of CutChemical. I was either playing the market, hanging out with people, or passed out pretty much the entire time.

I didn't really go for any of the bands, though.