TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Suicide King

Reminisce with me...

Because this thread just won't die...

I was talking to Janus a few minutes ago about the ML danceoff, and I mentioned that Edwin's true crowing achievement of really, really stupid shit had to be the Stairway to Panda match, and everything involving pandas (stuffed or otherwise) that lead up to it. The thing is, I don't remember anything in much detail, so if the Mac Daddy would care to enlighten us, I'd appreciate it.

-Z

Guest Suicide King

Ah, the pandas. To be a Carnie was to know the joy that a lifesize stuffed panda can provide. Take that as you will.

Another quick mention of something stupid: Munich suggesting "Death On Ice" for our PPV match (a match that took place on an ice hockey rink), and me agreeing to do it. God, that match was SOOOOOOOOOOO bad.

Dude, that was so OUR idea. It was indeed bad, and was so stupid to have the blowoff match in the feud become a fucking comedy match, since before then everything was pretty intense, with pools of blood and barbed wire everywhere.

Once I build a time machine, I'll fix that thing.

I thought our Ironman match was pretty badass, even though it ended in a screwjob draw.

Guest Suicide King

::channels Foghorn Leghorn::

It's a joke, son. Now go away, you're bothering me.

;)

Oh, pandas.

For whatever reason, we decided that pandas had a place in the Midnight Carnival. I'll be damned if I can even remember the first time pandas came into vogue, but I'm almost certain it had something to do with Raynor. They've been dropped on enemies, raised up in worship...we were weird, yep. If I get some time this week I'll try to backtrack and stir up some old memories about their origins. Anyway, they were prevalent, and the peak of panda justice was probably my first US (or, ahem, UK) title defense, against Neilsen of the Jungle.

It was booked as a Stairway to Hell match, i.e. the ladder with barbed wire hanging above, pinfalls or submissions to win. So I had the brilliant idea of having the Carnival come out pre-match, kill the lights, chant "PANDA, PANDA, PANDA" really loudly, and replace the barbed wire with a small stuffed panda wrapped in barbed wire. There wasn't really much point to this since Neilsen got the barbed wire anyway, but I ended up using the ladder to pin him anyway. So, yes. I'm in the record books as the winner of the only Stairway to Panda match in history.

Bitter justice, however: I lost the US title a few weeks later to Grimedogg via X's match, when the Apostle - one of those aforementioned Horsemen - dressed up in a panda suit and then chokeslammed Edwin to give Grimey the win.

Yes, after this, I somewhat moved towards serious angles. Somewhat.

Guest PimpDaddySarp

I can't even remember why the Elk took such a large role in my matches, but I'm pretty sure I didn't create him. But I do take credit for placing Elk in the highest profile match of his career, the first ever Clusterfuck, where he mercifully eliminated NTD, and then himself.

Heh. And what about my title reign King? You weren't impressed by two weeks, no defenses, and *retire*. Heh

Best...

Title Reign...

EVER!!!

And the best thing I ever did was my Promo "What goes around..." which involved a bottle of whiskey, a red-hot knife, and Azul's(Rane's bitch) stomach being forever scarred "PDS." Now THAT was classic.

*pats self on back*

You are all still my PERSONAL BITCHES!!!!!!

If we're randomly mentioning stupid stuff, i wish i had a saved copy of Va'aiga and Jay Dawg doing a proper shoot style brawl with guard passes and sumbission attempts - in the women's toilets.

THat and the shampoo spot for the same match. Shampoo to the eyes followed by ramming JD's head into a sink causing the taps to run.

Oh, pandas.

For whatever reason, we decided that pandas had a place in the Midnight Carnival. I'll be damned if I can even remember the first time pandas came into vogue, but I'm almost certain it had something to do with Raynor. They've been dropped on enemies, raised up in worship...we were weird, yep. If I get some time this week I'll try to backtrack and stir up some old memories about their origins.

Whoa now.

I may have taken the idea and ran with it in the most ridiculous ways imaginary, but I most certainly didn't start it.

... I think.

... I hope.

:ph34r:

Raynors finisher that he used on a Mexican midget/red boobs~! But still who'd win the fight- Mr. G or the Elk? Just more ex-Carnies and Elk memories.

Raynors finisher that he used on a Mexican midget/red boobs~! But still who'd win the fight- Mr. G or the Elk? Just more ex-Carnies and Elk memories.

Ah... I wish I still had the picture I drew for that.

And I don't think we ever cleared up who exactly coined the term "red boobs" - it was either Galatea or JD, wasn't it?

Due to a lack of badness from my time in SJL (and SWF).. I'll just bring up the ridiculous stuff from my other feds

I started in this one fed with the gimmick of the Elvi (Al Vice and Press Lee). It's pretty self-explanatory.

Then King Kong Bundy joined with them to form the Elvi World Order. Then alot of other guys joined. Ahmed Johnson, a Scott Hall knockoff "Razor", Lodi, Mikey Whipwreck, Vanilla Ice, Sid, Hacker (Leon Sharpe in his early days). Every guy in the stable was handled by me. Mikey did hold a title. Razor held a title. Razor and Ahmed held the tag team titles. The Elvi were kicked out sometime early and it was called "The EWO". Two of the members were killed. Lodi was decapitated and his head was used by another wrestler. Mikey Whipwreck was fed to a shark, then I tried to no-sell that, which didn't work. Hacker (Sharpe) sorta became the leader, and he never really succeeded at winning the title. I think the fed's last show ended with the EWO beating up some people.

There were numerous guys.. yeah. I don't regret the Vanilla Ice part. Nothing like having him come out and hit a guy with that gold chain.

Here's one of his matches, since I looked up the fed on archive.org

Leopard & Canibus vs. Ahmed & Vanilla Ice

"2nd knock out" by Canibus plays over the speakers as The Leopard and Canibus walk out from the back and down the aisle as the crowd begins to cheer.

"Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice plays over the speakers as Ahmed Johnson and Vanilla Ice walk out from the back and down to the aisle, behind them is Razor, Sid, & The Blue Meanie. The crowd starts to boo.

Matt: I have a feeling that this will be a very unusual and interesting tag team match. What most people want to see is Vanilla Ice against Canibus or Vanilla Ice against The Leopard for the most part. Well atleast for right now it looks like Ahmed Johnons will take on The Leopard. There goes the bell and Ahmed Johnson circles around The Leopard. Ahmed now goes behind The Leopard but The Leopard was ready as he turns around and nails Ahmed with a hard right hand to the face, but Ahmed gives him a right hand of his own. Now Ahmed & The Leopard lock up as Ahmed has the better leverage he pushes The Leopard into the ropes and now swings him into the opposite ropes, The Leopard comes back fast but oh! Ahmed nails The Leopard with a big boot to the face!

Jon: Ahmed's pointing to Vanilla Ice!

Matt: And now Ahmed tags in Vanilla Ice as The Leopard is still down on the ground Vanilla Ice quickly comes over to him and starts to kick him over and over to the head of The Leopard.

Stuart: Uh oh, The Leopard is getting back to his feet!

Matt: Woah Vanilla Ice quickly dives to Ahmed and makes the tag, what a pansy. The Leopard now nails Ahmed Johnson to the outside of the ring before he could get in. And now The Leopard tags in Canibus! Meanwhile The Leopard just body kicked Vanilla Ice to the outside as Razor helps Ahmed in the ring. Canibus is pounding away on Ahmed now as he gives him some hard kicks to the back. Canibus picks up Ahmed and pushes him into the corner and kicks him in the gut over and over. Canibus now whips Ahmed Johnson into the opposite corner and now Canibus charges right after him but woah!! Ahmed comes back and nails him with a devistating clothesline! That almost decapitated Canibus!

Jon: I think he hurt his neck.

Matt: Ahmed now gives the sign for the Pearl River Plunge. He picks up Canibus but wait a minute, The Leopard comes into the ring and nails Ahmed from behind. Ahmed and The Leopard are now going at it and from behind of Ahmed is Canibus who rolls Ahmed up for 1..2..oh! kickout by Ahmed. That was so close. Canibus now tags in Ahmed and quickly Ahmed & The Leopard are going at it once again. The Leopard nails Ahmed with a hard right hand to the face and now throws him into the corner, but now Vanilla Ice comes over to Ahmed and Ahmed tags him in!! Woah The Leopard is gonna take on Vanilla Ice! Vanilla Ice looks scared to death but now slowly gets into the ring. Woah! The Leopard goes right after him and is beating him to a pulp! But Vanilla Ice quickly grabs the ropes and the ref tells The Leopard to let go. Vanilla Ice now lets go of the ropes and walks near The Leopard and woah, Vanilla Ice just slapped The Leopard right in the face! But The Leopard replies with a hard knee to the gut and now The Leopard gives Vanilla Ice a piledriver!

Jon: Wait a minute, Ahmed jumps to the outside and now walks over to Canibus and knocks him off of the apron!

Matt: Ahmed is beating the life out of Canibus and the ref quickly goes to the outside to break that up.

Stuart: Razor's coming into the ring with a chair!

Matt: Ohh! Razor just nailed The Leopard right in the head with the chair. Razor now picks The Leopard up and sets him up for The Razor's Edge and converts! Razor now puts Vanilla Ice over The Leopard but the ref is still on the outside.

Jon: Woah! Carl Blair storms down the aisle and comes into the ring and throws Razor out of the ring! Sid now gets up on the apron but Blair nails him with a flying forearm! The Blue Meanie doesn't even try to attempt to stop Carl Blair as now Blair puts The Leopard over Vanilla Ice.

Matt: But Ahmed turned the ref around and he saw Blair put The Leopard over Ice and now quickly calls for the bell! I can't beleive this!!

Winners via DQ: Ahmed Johnson & Vanilla Ice, Time=18:26

classic.. classic

that was 5 years ago.. damn