TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sandman9000

For the Love of Jeevus....

CZW has negotiated a deal that will bring the controversial Teddy Hart to CZW. He will make his debut in Allentown with future appearances being negotiated. What type of impact will this 3rd-generation superstar have on CZW...SATURDAY, MARCH 5, 2004...MOUNTAINVILLE CENTER...FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!

::bows head in shame::

With crap like this, I'm just about ready to offer up the mantle as #1 CZW fanboy on TSM here.

Bidding starts at 20 cookies. No oatmeal raisin or fruity crap.

I've got nothing against Teddy Hart except that I think he's an asshole with a huge ego.

If I hated him for that, then I'd have to also hate Shawn Michaels in his prime.

Guest TDinDC1112

How is Teddy Hart crap? He might be an Ass, but he's entertaining as hell in the ring.

Guest Ghettoman

If entertaining is an athlete with no mind for the business, yes.

Personally, between what Harts said and done I have no respect for him, not even as an athlete.

Guest OSIcon

I understand the reasoning behind it. Bring in a wrestler who has a buzz surrounding him and hope he brings in some more fans. However, I question how many fans Teddy will actually bring in. All of those people who say "Everyone is talking about Teddy Hart" and "People will pay to boo Teddy Hart" have no solid evidence to back that up. He has yet to make any significant impact in terms of helping a show draw so until he does, that claim is not valid. Between flying him in from Calgary and paying him (something tells me Teddy doesn't work for cheap), I'm not sure it is a good investments.

Who is he going work anyway?

The myth of Teddy being good in the ring despite being an asshole should really just be shot dead. He got to work with the best worker in the world on MLW, and had Danielson's worst match in AGES. He was totally outclassed, and his "matwork" was an embarrasment. The truth about Teddy is that he has an ego, AND he fucking sucks. Not a great combo, my friends.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I understand the reasoning behind it. Bring in a wrestler who has a buzz surrounding him and hope he brings in some more fans. However, I question how many fans Teddy will actually bring in. All of those people who say "Everyone is talking about Teddy Hart" and "People will pay to boo Teddy Hart" have no solid evidence to back that up. He has yet to make any significant impact in terms of helping a show draw so until he does, that claim is not valid. Between flying him in from Calgary and paying him (something tells me Teddy doesn't work for cheap), I'm not sure it is a good investments.

Who is he going work anyway?

I would have to agree with you on this. I don't see Teddy Hart being a justified draw enough to spend the money to get him to work the show, and also to fly him there. Plus would this be to ANY benefit to CZW? This has a potential to piss a lot of workers there off(considering there are people there that might not like Hart), also this could be a really bad potential situation if Hart does something stupid(fuck with a fan, or hurt someone because of the fact that he does irrational spots that could hurt someone).

I was just about to say, Teddy gets $500 for a regular weekend gig, and splits the plane ticket cost. Despite what Michrome says, I enjoy his work, particularly when he's flying. I know if I ever ran a promotion, I would try to bring him in semi-regularly, as least to get my guys over.

I'm digging Teddy's gimmick as I've said in the past, and he IS getting people talking about him (who knew who Teddy Hart was a year ago? Who knows him now?) but I don't think he's a solid draw yet. If he becomes prominent in one of the big indies, I think he has a chance to make it as a draw almost to the level a Low Ki, Chris Daniels, or AJ would. But that takes time and frequently good matches. Time will tell, I guess.

Guest Deviant

The overhype and overpublicity of Teddy continues to pay off for him. He's now brought in as if he actually is somebody, but he's just another kid who can flip. He is now one of the most overrated men in the business, and he played all of his cards right to get that title.

Kudos Teddy, your wrestling needs a hell of a lot of work, but you can manipulate the media and public with the best of them.