TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

High-Flying World Champions

The topic I created in the WWE folder got me to wondering: how many World Champions have there been in the major NA feds to win a World Championship with a top-rope Manevuer, and what were they?

Right now, I think the list pretty much consists of:

Randy Savage (WMIV - Big Elbow over Ted DiBiase)

Eddy Guererro (NWO '04 - Frog Splash over Brock Lesnar)

Any others? :huh:

Guest Askewniverse

Sting pinned Vader with a top-rope splash to win the WCW International World Title at Slamboree '94.

Savage pinned Nash with the flying elbow (in a tag team match) at Bash at the Beach '99 to win the WCW World Title.

Ric Flair won the NWA Title at Starrcade 1983 with a high cross body from the top rope

Sting won the WCW Title from Lex Luger in 92 with the same move.How did Vader beat Ron Simmons for the WCW World Title? that could have been a top rope move(moonsault).

Guest Your Olympic Hero

I think it was a shitty looking powerbomb, but I'm probably wrong.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure Mike Awesome won the ECW World title with a Frog Splash. It was either that or an Awesome Bomb from the top (I haven't watched Anarchy Rulz 99 in forever). I'm sure Sabu must have won the ECW World title with a flying move of some sort. Maybe a Super Arabian Facebuster?

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure Mike Awesome won the ECW World title with a Frog Splash. It was either that or an Awesome Bomb from the top (I haven't watched Anarchy Rulz 99 in forever). I'm sure Sabu must have won the ECW World title with a flying move of some sort. Maybe a Super Arabian Facebuster?

Sabu wrapped Terry Funk in Barbed Wire to win.