TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChick

Pacific Cup '04

Friday February 20th., 8 PM

Bridgeview Community Hall-11475 126 A St., Surrey

This Tournament is 1 night only!

Round 1

Chance Beckett(Super 8 Finalist) vs Memphis Raines(1/2 of ECCW Tag Champions)

Major Hardway(NWA Cdn. Jr. Champ) vs Black Dragon(Pacific Cup 2002 Champion)

Rage(ECCW Jr. Star) vs Disco Fury(International Star)

Scotty Mac(Pacific Cup 2003 Winner) vs JD Michaels (MPW-Edmonton)

Jack Evans(Ring of Honor, MLW) vs Ryan Wood(AWE, NWA CWF)

Tony Kozina(Former NWA World Jr. Champ) vs Aaron Idol(Top ECCW Jr.)

Long shot, I know, but anyone attending this? I'll be, and I'll give you guys the results and thoughts on Friday Night.

Jack Evans is the new definition of the term "spot monkey." The stuff he'll do will blow your fragile little mind. I'm talking Phoenix 630's and shit, 630 moonsaults off high places.

Beckett's supposed to be good, but dropped off the radar after winning the Super 8 last year. Not terribly familiar with the rest of the field, and I'm guessing it's ending with a three-way.

Hopefully it'll be good enough.

Scotty Mac is very good, as is Aaron Idol. Major Hardway is pretty good, and I like Memphis Raines. Black Dragon, from what I've seen, is pretty good. The only really awful guy is Disco Fury. It looks to be a pretty good card.

Beckett's supposed to be good, but dropped off the radar after winning the Super 8 last year. Not terribly familiar with the rest of the field, and I'm guessing it's ending with a three-way.

Chance actually got the finals; he lost to London.

NOTES: Chance Beckett and Black Dragon no showed. So the matches were switched around and Dropkick Murphy and The Amazing Halo replaced the two.

Quarter-Final matches -

Dropkick Murphy defeated Memphis Raines by DQ, as Memphis kicked him square in the nuts - should of been longer. Much too short, and a bad finish too.

Major Hardway beat his former tag partner RAGE - Not too good. Also short.

Disco Fury defeated The Amazing Halo - Alright for the amount of time it got.

Scotty Mac defeated JD Michaels - Good match, on of my favorites. Damn, JD Micheals is the biggest HBK ripoff ever. Moves, bumping, attitude, gimmick, everything.

Jack Evans defeated Ryan Wood - Evans was VERY over. Very spotty match. Woods didn't get much of a reaction, but Evans' reaction made up for it. Good for what it was.

Tony Kozina defeated Aaron Idol - One of my favorite matches of the night. Very surprised to see Idol lose in the first round. Idol looks a lot different from the last time I've seen him wrestle; lost some weight, cut his hair. Good match.

Semi-Final matches -

Major Hardway defeated Dropkick Murphy -These two (along with the Disco Fury and the ECCW champ Vance Nevada) are part of the heel stable Explicent Content. Very strange to see two heels going at it. Not very good, and VERY little reaction.

Scotty Mac defeated Disco Fury - 'Contoversial' finish with Disco's feet on the ropes during the roll-up. This match didn't get as much heat as I expected, but that may have been because of the previous match. Okay match.

Jack Evans defeated Tony Kozina - Evans' was over huge again. Pretty good match. One very sweet spot where Evans hurricanrana'd Tony, who was in the ring, outside of the ring. Very cool. But wow, Jack can sure flip alot.

Final - Triple Threat, Elimination match -

Major Hardway defeated Jack Evans & Scotty Mac - Evans pinned Scotty, then later on Hardway pinned Evans; Evans was selling his neck from his match with Tony in the beginning of this match, but it didn't really lead to anything. Very good main event. I'll have to watch it again when it comes out.

All-in-all: Some pretty good matches, so it's worth watching if you can. If you're in a spotty mood, Jack Evans is for you. Some questionable booking, and a shame that Chance and Black Tiger couldn't make it, but still an enjoyable night. I'd say that last years was better though.

Your Pacific Cup '04 Winner: Major Hardway.

Sounds semi decent. I agree with PFL that Kozina needs to bust out more often, it seems the guy fell off the radar bigtime. Also sucks to hear that Beckett no showed, I saw him in ROH this past summer and was impressed, but haven't seen him since.

Oh, and I love the sig, CC. Better keep that in there, hehe. ;)