TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Austin loses to jobbers

Jason Arndt & Eddie Jackie defeated Steve Austin in a handicap match after Davey Boy Smith interfered

Can anyone tell me the story behind this match? And was Austin vs. Bulldog the original Wrestlemania 13 plan (since HBK vs. Bret was planned at the time)?

I have no idea what the plans were other than just continuing the feud but I remember Austin sotrming the jobbers' dressing room and beating them to the point where their "careers were over" according to JR, IIRC. Of course when Arndt showed up as Joey Abs, Jimbo was proven wrong.

I also remember the Superstars after KOTR96 where Austin gave Aldo Montoya a forfeit win because Austin was too superior for Aldo. I believe he did the same the next week for Freddie Joe Floyd.

OK, I found this at http://members.aol.com/solie99/svwn101.html

WWF SuperStars

The Honky Tonk Man makes his entrance goes to the ring and does his schtick (somehow I haven't missed this guy at all...). Of course he asserts that the crowd want to hear him sing but no, he's too busy right now. He retreats to the broadcast table.

The opening contest is Goldust vs. (the New Improved) Leif Cassidy - this could be a good match, Al Snow is a top-notch competitor and we all know what Rhodes can do. Goldust has been showing us a lot of aggression lately and seems to have curtailed his effeminate machinations. I love that move he does where he drops to his back in front of his opponent then blasts him with an uppercut. One of these days an opponent is going to scout that move though, and Goldust will end up with boot sandwich. Cassidy takes it right to the former IC Champ but to no avail. The Curtain Call puts him away.

Steve Austin makes good on his offer to face his opponent from last night + a partner in a handicap match. Too bad Jason Ahrndt didn't pick Bret Hart as his backup...

As it turns out the backup man was the British Bulldog who does a run in and clotheslines Austin allowing Ahrndt to get his revenge (and the win).

Ron Simmons squashes Alex Porteau after some NOD silliness. I wonder if they're ever going to let PG-13 wrestle...

Back in the locker room Jason Ahrndt has had his clock cleaned (and his leg "Pillmaned") by Steve Austin.

Barry Windham (the Stalker) faces Phineas Godwin - Hawk Bradshaw comes to the ring to try and talk to Windham but gets brushed off. The match is a pretty even contest. Both men are tough and very savvy wrestlers. Windham lets himself get distracted for a moment by Henry on the outside and Phineas rolls him up for the win.

Suddenly Bradshaw hits the ring and attacks the Godwins! Once he loses the element of surprise he can't handle both of them, they turn the tables and gang up on him. Windham observes this for a moment then weighs in on the side of his fellow Texan long enough to turn the tide. He splits and is followed by Bradshaw...but now Windham wants nothing to do with him...what just happened here?

Sid interview - the big guys seems to be trying too hard to convince everyone that he's "the Man"...

The main event featured Vader vs. Savio Vega - this is an extended squash which sees Cornette getting in a shot with the raquette (as if Vader needed the help) just before the commercial.

Coming back we find Savio on top - moments later he slams the big man! The he gets a suplex on him. A cross body block gets Vega a two count. The Vader runs through him and re-asserts himself. He goes up for a Vader bomb - almost decides to go for a moonsault but Cornette talks him out of it. He bombs Vega and then the lights go out. The dismbodied voice of the Undertaker distracts Vader who is counted out. He's looking under the ring just before we fade to black...

As for him forfeiting to Montoya and Floyd, that was part of the "Austin won't wrestle jobbers" angle which eventually led to him feuding with Bret Hart.

I could swear I taped that show and I don't remember the angle.

Did they ever do a one-on-one Austin-Bulldog match before the reformation of the Hart Foundation? They spent a long time building that up and I don't remember it.

I could swear I taped that show and I don't remember the angle.

Did they ever do a one-on-one Austin-Bulldog match before the reformation of the Hart Foundation? They spent a long time building that up and I don't remember it.

I don't think they did...that was obviously the Wrestlemania plan by how they built things at the It's Time and the 97 Royal Rumble...so I guess the original WM13 card looked like:

HBK vs. Bret

Taker vs. Sid

Austin vs. Bulldog

Oh well, at least we got the ***** submission match. :)

Oh my God, I had almost forgotten all about Austin's whole "I'm not wrestling you, so you can take a forfeit win and go tell your grandkids that one day you beat Steve Austin" bit.

Just imagine that Stone Cold had incorporated "What!" Back then...

"WHAT!? I said son, I am so superior to your sorry ass that I shouldn't have to fce ya!" What? Thats right. What? I can open such a fast can of whup ass on your sorry kiester I don't wanna face ya. What? So I forfit! What? I said I forfit. Now take your sorry little ass back to the locker room. What? And someday you can tell your grandkids that you beat What? Stone Cold Steve Austin! What? I said someday you can tell your grandkids that you beat What? Stone Cold Steve Austin!"