TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SamoaRowe

Rowe's WWE Diary

I've reached 2006 in my current WWE game and I want to do a diary, but I don't want to start over. I'm going to gradually post the background info and then get the diary going. Updates probably won't be as consistent as they should be, I am a college student with a part time job.I will do my best though, I hope you enjoy this. I just ask to give it some time and I promise I will make this interesting.

The Story So Far...

Ernie Rowe took over as booker of WWE in the late summer of 2003. He made some huge talent raids on other companies, and signed AJ Styles, Raven, Alexis Laree, Julio Dinero, CM Punk, Ken Shamrock, and Simon Diamond to long term contracts. However, not too long later, Linda McMahon made a very foolish investment that put the WWE in bankrupcy. The superstars all became very frightened and many stars including Undertaker, Faarooq, Bradshaw, Maven, Rikishi, Chris Nowinski, Big Show, Mark Henry, and Scott Steiner all jumped ship. Chris Jericho became upset with the new booker and refused to renegotiate his contract that would end within the next two years.

Meanwhile, Rowe began pushing his new talent. Ken Shamrock made a great first impression on Raw, but politics had him squashed by Triple H within weeks of his debut. As a result, Shamrock turned heel and joined Evolution. During this time, Batista was released from his contract due to his failure to improve, and Simon Diamond debuted and joined Evolution. Raven, CM Punk, Julio Dinero, and Alexis Laree all debuted as the New Flock, and had an all out war with Evolution that lasted for many months.

The current generation of main eventers did not get along very well with Rowe. Many of them were not happy with how the roster split was going and lost morale for being stuck on one show per week. This lead to Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, John Cena, Brock Lesnar, and the part-time Rock becoming angry and not wanting to do their jobs properly. Rowe did everything he could to please the top stars. He even converted the Sunday Night Heat show into a two hour program to simply display the talent. This did not help matters any, and the stars refused to take orders from Rowe.

Wrestlemania XX turned into a disaster of sorts for Rowe. He had signed Chris Benoit to face Brock Lesnar for the United States Championship as the second main event (taking place after the Raw main event that had Raw Champion Rhyno defending against Chris Jericho and CM Punk). Lesnar half-assed the match and was released immediatly after the show by Rowe. Rowe stated that "There are hundreds of workers out there who would have killed to have been in Brock Lesnar's spot that night, and they would not have f***ed it up."

Benoit's morale was suffering as well. WWE and Benoit had a mutual seperation, but Benoit returned refreshed and ready to work a few years later. Kurt Angle won the WWE Championship from Eddie Guerrero at Wrestlemania XX as well, in another match that failed to live up to expectations due to Guerrero and Angle both upset with the direction of the company. Rowe figured that a WWE Championship reign would help Angle cheer up. It didn't work. For the 2004 Judgment Day PPV, Rowe booked Kurt Angle to defend his title against Shelton Benjamin. Rowe's logic was that Angle was a good enough of a draw to defend against a midcarder, and that by having a midcarder receive a title shot on a PPV would push the idea that "anything can happen in the WWE."

However, Angle's attitude was reaching new lows. On the day of the PPV, Rowe made some huge changes to the main event. To prove a point, Rowe booked Benjamin to win the championship from Angle. Within weeks, Kurt Angle left WWE. Eddie Guerrero stuck around for about another year. He was moved to Raw, and was happy for a while, even became the World Heaveyweight Champion. However, Guerrero's in ring skills were on the decline from his age and he was impossible to please. A few months after Wrestlemania XXI, Eddie Guerrero left WWE. John Cena also left after morale problems that lasted for over a year. Cena never won any world titles, but he did headline Wrestlemania XXI in the fatal four way match that also included CM Punk, Eddie Guerrero, and Randy Orton.

Sounds awesome so far man! I'd love to see another update soon.

DFA

Thanks for the feedback. Expect another update to appear either on monday or tuesday.

Still won't have a real update for another day or two, but here are the rosters.

Raw:

World Heaveyweight Champion: Chris Benoit (h) (From CM Punk)

IC Champion: Tommy Dreamer (f) (From Batista)

Tag Team Champions: Shane Helms and Shannon Moore (f) (From Test and Christian)

Hardcore Champion: Frank Shamrock (f) (Previously vacated)

Womens Champion: Trish Stratus (f) (From Taylor Matheny)

Main Eventers:

CM Punk (t)

Raven (t)

Triple H (h)

Steve Corino (h) (bought out a smaller fed, Corino is still touring with a Japanese promotion, so he isn't a main part of the show)

Upper Mid-carders:

Christian (h)

Lance Storm (f)

Lodi (h)

Masato Tanaka (f) (Also touring in Japan)

Mid-carders:

Austin Lee (h)

Billy Kidman (f) (Just barely traded from Smackdown, hasn't debuted on Raw yet)

Brian Kendrick (f) (see Kidman)

Bubba Ray Dudley (f)

Julio Dinero (t)

Justin Credible (f)

Ken Shamrock (h)

Mark Jindrak (f)

Simon Diamond (h)

Test (h)

Lower Mid-carders:

Derrick King (hasn't debuted yet)

Openers:

Anarchy (no debut yet)

Bad John (formerly Johnny C.)

Louay Piero

Shashka Corbett

Ozzy Benton

Women:

Alexis Laree (t)

Erica Porter (f)

Gail Kim (h)

Ivory (f)

Jazz (h)

Lita (f)

Lucy Carter (f)

Lucy Furr (f)

Molly Holly (h)

Sherry Bop (f)

Taylor Matheny (f)

Trish Stratus (f)

Victoria (h)

Injured:

Eric Bischoff (h)

Garrison Cade (f)

Kid Romeo (h)

Rico (h)

Seven (t)

Managers:

Goldust

Konnan

Stevie Richards (h)[/color]

Smackdown:

WWF Champion: Rhyno (h) (from Chad Collyer)

U.S. Champion: Rodney Mack (h) (from Paul London)

WWF Tag Champions: The Basham Brothers (f) (from Haas and Benjamin)

Cruiserweight Champion: Frankie Kazarian (f) (from Kid Kash)

Side Note: I can imagine smarks finding some of these champions to be very offensive, but I have booked all of this with intentions in mind. Bear with me ;)

Main Eventers:

AJ Styles (h)

Chad Collyer (f)

Matt Hardy (h)

Rob Van Dam (f)

Upper Mid-carders:

Chuck Palumbo (h)

Johnny Stamboli (f)

Low Ki (h)

Paul London (f)

Pepper Parks (f)

Randy Orton (f)

Taka Michinoku (f)

Mid-carders:

Charlie Haas (h)

Chris Kanyon (h)

Funaki (f)

Jamie Noble (h)

Jimmy Rave (f)

Jody Fleisch (h)

Kid Kash (h)

Men's Teioh (h)

Nova (f)

Orlando Jordan (f)

Psychosis (t)

Scoot Andrews (h)

Sean O'Haire (h)

Shelton Benjamin (h)

Sonjay Dutt (f)

Tracy Smothers (h)

Ultimo Dragon (f)

Lower Mid-carders:

Jay Brisco (f)

JC Ice (h)

Reno (h)

Openers:

Alex Arion

Pure Talent

Managers:

Bill DeMott (t)

Don Callis (h)

Mike Sanders (h)

Paul Heyman (h)

Alicia

Stacy Keibler

Injured:

J.R. Ryder (f)

Matt Stryker (h)

Rey Mysterio (f)

Edited by TheManErnieRowe

I was keeping track of each title reign in the game, but I accidently cleared the note pad one day and I was too lazy to recopy it. So just to catch you up to speed with the title histories in my game, here are lists of the last ten title holders for each championship:

WWF Championship:

Kurt Angle (Vengeance 03, like in real life)

Eddie Guerrero 11/30/03

Kurt Angle 3/21/04

Shelton Benjamin 5/16/04

Rob Van Dam 7/18/04

AJ Styles 3/27/05

Chad Collyer 3/26/06

Matt Hardy 5/14/06

Chad Collyer 6/08/06

Rhyno 7/16/06

World Heaveyweight Champion:

Goldberg 10/27/03

Rhyno 11/30/03

Chris Jericho 3/21/04

CM Punk 8/30/04

Eddie Guerrero 1/25/05

CM Punk 3/27/05

Raven 8/29/05

Triple H 9/25/05

CM Punk 1/25/06

Chris Benoit 6/27/06

IC Champion:

Shawn Michaels 4/11/04

John Cena 6/27/04

Lance Storm 7/05/04

Julio Dinero 9/28/04

Rico 11/22/04

Lance Storm 1/10/05

John Cena 5/30/05

Tommy Dreamer 8/15/05

Batista 12/18/05

Tommy Dreamer 2/20/06

United States Championship:

AJ Styles 7/18/04

Rey Mysterio 12/09/04

AJ Styles 12/16/04

Johnny Stamboli 3/03/05

Matt Hardy 3/27/05

Paul London 7/24/05

Sean O'Haire 1/26/06

Low Ki 3/26/06

Paul London 5/14/06

Rodney Mack 7/16/06

World Tag Team Championship:

Lance Storm and Christian 3/21/04

Rosey and The Hurricane 4/11/04

Ken Shamrock and Simond Diamond 8/29/04

Randy Orton and Frank Shamrock 11/14/04

Rhyno and John Cena 12/05/04

Lance Storm and Justin Credible 9/12/05

Ken Shamrock and Simon Diamond 1/25/06

Shane Helms and Shannon Moore 3/27/06

Test and Christian 5/22/06

Shane Helms and Shannon Moore 6/27/06

WWF Tag Team Championship:

Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman 7/29/04

Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin 11/11/04

Spanky and Funaki 12/16/04

Sean O'Haire and Kanyon 2/10/05

Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman 3/27/05

Doug and Danny Basham 7/14/05

Jimmy Rave and Nova 12/01/05

Doug and Danny Basham 12/08/05

Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin 3/27/06

Doug and Danny Basham 7/16/06

WWF Hardcore Championship:

Tommy Dreamer (First new champ) 12/5/04

Test 1/17/05

Bubba Ray Dudley 2/25/05

Rhyno 2/28/05

Jerry Lynn 3/27/05

Triple H 5/16/05

Raven 5/30/05

Kid Romeo 7/25/05

Vacated 5/18/06

Frank Shamrock 6/27/06

WWF Cruiserweight Championship

Shannon Moore 8/29/04

Paul London 10/07/04

Matt Hardy 10/21/04

Shannon Moore 10/31/04

Chavo Guerrero 2/03/05

Shannon Moore 2/27/05

Jamie Noble 8/29/05

Taka Michinoku 12/08/05

Kid Kash 5/14/06

Frankie Kazarian 7/16/06

WWF Womens Championship:

Trish Stratus 3/22/04

Jazz 4/11/04

Taylor Matheny 9/23/04

Victoria 1/03/05

Ivory 5/02/05

Gail Kim 9/25/05

Taylor Matheny 12/18/05

Gail Kim 1/25/06

Taylor Matheny 3/06/06

Trish Stratus 6/27/06

THIS JUST IN!!  July 17, 2006

After months of speculation, it appears the rumors are true: Stephanie McMahon has asked for a divorce from Paul Levesque, aka Triple H. It has been well publicized that Stephanie has not been happy in the marraige for quite some time now.  It is also looking increasingly unlikely that Triple H will be resigning with the World Wrestling Federation.  His contract is up in three months.

Credit: wwf.com

RAW PREVIEW

It was announced this weekend that Eric Bischoff is no longer the General Manager of Raw. What does this mean for the state of Raw and what kinds of changes could we possibly see?

Also scheduled for tonight's show, World Champion Chris Benoit and a partner of his choice will take on the team of CM Punk and Julio Dinero.  Punk has been gunning for a rematch, since Benoit beat him for the title at June's Badd Blood pay-per-view and Benoit is determined to make sure Punk never gets near the title again.

Last week we witnessed the end of Evolution.  Shamrock and Diamond have seperated from Triple H and Richards.  Rumor has it that Triple H is looking to recruit some new members, could we see an all new generation of Evolution?

Also scheduled to appear: Raven, Steve Corino, Christian, The Impact Players, and Intercontinental Champion Tommy Dreamer. Don't miss what is sure to be a historic night of Raw action!

WWF Raw

July 17, 2006

The pyro goes off and commentators Jim Ross and Al Snow welcome everyone to another exciting edition of Raw. There is change in the air and Ross and Snow are excited about the possibilities.

Hardcore Championship: Frank Shamrock © vs Test

Match Background: This will be a hardcore bout. This match is for the WWF Hardcore title. Frank Shamrock has been WWF Hardcore champion since 27 June 2006.

The Match: Back suplex on Test. Test takes a butterfly suplex from Frank. Hooks the leg for a two count. Frank walks into a drop toe hold. Fallaway slam by Test puts down Frank Shamrock. Test slams Frank Shamrock. Test hits Frank with a plastic dinosaur! Frank powers out of a headlock. Tiger bomb by Frank Shamrock, executed to perfection. We don't see too many good looking Tiger bombs. Frank Shamrock has Test down on the canvas. Guillotine Choke!!! Test taps out! Frank Shamrock goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

My Opinion: I'll give this a ***1\4 rating. If I left it up to you, you'd probably think it was the greatest match ever! Keep trying...

Winner and Still Hardcore Champion: Frank Shamrock

Interview with Austin Lee

Jonothan Coachman is with Austin Lee. Coach asks Lee if he is likely to join Evolution. Lee spits on the floor and states that neither Triple H or Stevie Richards has approached him, but if they do, he's going to make them his bitch.

Lita vs Victoria

The Match: Victoria scoops and slams Lita. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Lita blocks a kick from Victoria. Victoria walks into a high dropkick from Lita, almost losing several teeth in the process. The referee bumps after catching a wild right hand and is down. Back heel kick off the second rope, Victoria goes down. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Victoria reverses a waistlock. Victoria slams Lita down and motions to the crowd. Big piledriver on Lita. Covers for a quick two count. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Victoria connects and Lita is down! Pin, but Lita is out just before the three count. Victoria charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Flying reverse elbow by Lita. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Victoria blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Stevie Richards is at ringside! Lita wastes valuable time by yelling at Stevie! Victoria takes advantage of the distraction and nails Lita from behind! Lita can barely stand. Here it comes - Widow's Peak. 1....2...3, it's finished. Victoria smiles and walks over and hugs Stevie Richards, thanking him for interfering and helping win this match.

My Opinion: Ohh, looky. A **3/4 match!

Winner: Victoria

Ross: Bah Gawd! Richards has reunited with Victoria!

Snow: I take it this means Victoria is in Evolution?

Victoria and Stevie Richards Celebrate

Richards and Victoria are embracing in the locker room. Richards is thrilled to have Victoria become the first female of Evolution. Victoria screams something about wanting a Women's title shot next week, but she doesn't know who to ask. Victoria asks Richards if he knows who the new authority is, but Richard just shrugs.

The Impact Players vs Shamrock and Diamond

Match Background: Impact Players are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion.

The Match: Simon Diamond takes a right hand to the temple from Credible. Big clothesline from Credible. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Lance Storm. Impact Players whip Diamond into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Storm drives a thrust kick into the chest of Diamond. Covers for a quick two count. STIFF high kick on Diamond by Lance Storm. Diamond ducks a wild right hand. Simon Diamond brings out a jumping powerbomb to nearly murder Storm in the ring! Diamond tags out to Ken Shamrock. Storm tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Tiger bomb by Ken Shamrock, which is nowhere near as cool as a botched Pedigree but gets the job done. Storm powers out of a headlock. Tag between Lance Storm and Justin Credible. Justin Credible hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. Sloppy discus punch from Justin Credible barely connects on Shamrock. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Shamrock hits a punch, but takes one right back. Again! A slugfest erupts in the ring! Ken Shamrock pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Credible walks into a jaw breaker. Credible holds Ken Shamrock in place. Lance Storm charges...but Shamrock ducks, andStormends up flooringCredible! Ken Shamrock moves in for the kill. Belly To Belly!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Impact Players don't look like they're finished by any means...and they rush forward to attack Shamrock and Diamond, and send them to the outside. Threats are exchanged as the chaos ends.

My Opinion: A ***3/4 rating! Yay!

Snow: Credible seems to have cost the Impact Players yet another match.

Ross: This team has been successful in the past, don't count them out just yet.

Winners by pinfall: Ken Shamrock and Simon Diamond

Al Snow makes an announcement.

Al Snow heads down the ramp into the ring and grabs a microphone. J.R. just sits at his desk and claims he has no idea what is going on. Al Snow tells the audience that he has just been informed that the new authority of Raw is on his way to the arena and will reveal himself tonight.

Intercontinental Championship: Tommy Dreamer © vs Steve Corino

Match Background: This match is for the WWF Intercontinental title. Tommy Dreamer has been WWF Intercontinental champion since 20 February 2006.

The Match: Tommy Dreamer connects with rights and lefts and Steve Corino is down! STIFF~! chop lights up Corino who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! BIG clothesline on Corino. Steve Corino charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Dreamer walks into a drop toe hold. Tommy Dreamer charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Steve Corino hits a bulldog off the ropes. Hooks the leg for a two count. Dreamer ducks a wild right hand. Dreamer hits a piledriver on Steve Corino. That used to end matches, you know. Covers for a quick two count. Tommy Dreamer scores with a big spinebuster. Pin, but Corino is out just before the three count. Steve Corino is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Steve Corino hits some punches. How generic. Tommy Dreamer pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. BAAACK Body drop by Corino gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. The referee tries to separate the two grapplers...and gets knocked over and trampled on as they brawl! That's enough, the referee calls for the bell - double DQ! The fight has started up again! Tommy Dreamer attacks Corino, and they brawl all around ringside, then into the crowd! They eventually disappear backstage, still fighting.

My Opinion: Slightly above average match. Only gets a **3\4 rating from me.

No contest

A Sneak Attack

Raven is in the ring and he tells the audience that he's had enough of Christian. Christian comes out, and attacks. Christian gets the upper hand. Raven is in trouble. Unprettier...but Raven gets straight back up!!! Christian gets the hell out of there, Raven just shrugged off his finisher!

CM Punk and Julio Dinero vs Chris Benoit and ???

Punk and Dinero make their entrance and await in the ring. Chris Benoit comes out and announces that he has made a serious business decision to protect his championship. Triple H's music plays.

Snow: WHAT? Did Chris Benoit join Evolution?

Ross: It would appear so. You have to wonder though, if Benoit wants to protect his title reign, is teaming up with Triple H such a good idea?

Snow: Triple H is an awesome competitor.

Ross: Yes, but you know just as well as me that Triple H wants that World's Heavyweight championship!

Match Background: Benoit and Punk have been feuding for quite some time now. Chris Benoit is the reigning World Heavyweight champion, and has been since 27 June 2006.

The Match: Flying shoulder tackle by Benoit sends Dinero CRASHING to the mat. Tiger bomb by Chris Benoit, which is nowhere near as cool as a botched Pedigree but gets the job done. Covers for a quick two count. Tag to Triple H. HHH \ Benoit whip Dinero into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. BIG clothesline on Dinero. Hooks the leg for a two count. Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Triple H ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Julio Dinero powers out of a Triple H headlock. Spear! HHH is down! Tag to CM Punk. CM Punk snap suplexes HHH HARD to the canvas! And again! A pair of clotheslines follow and...yep, Punk is a HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Nice piledriver on HHH. HHH backdrops CM Punk out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Triple H. HHH tags out to Chris Benoit. Spear by Chris Benoit. TIGER DRIVER~! '91 nearly crushes the spine of Punk! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Punk gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Benoit! CM Punk fights out of a grapple. Nice piledriver on Benoit. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. CM Punk knocks Benoit to the outside, then signals for the Devil Lock. He reaches out of the ring for Chris Benoit...and gets clobbered with the ring bell! Right to the head! The referee looks up to see Benoit sliding in and making the pinfall. The referee calls for the bell though! He's disqualifying Chris Benoit, he must have seen the ring bell shot! The match is over. Shamrock and Diamond come running down the aisle with chairs! They slide in behind Punk and Dinero...and drop them with stereo chair shots! Shamrock and Diamond leave the ring, the damage done.

My Opinion: Nothing offensive, but nothing too special either. **1\2 rating.

Snow: What the hell? Shamrock and Diamond are back in Evolution?

Ross: They must have worked things out in the past week! That son of a bitch, Triple H has just made himself stronger than ever!

Winners by DQ: CM Punk and Julio Dinero

The New Authority of Raw is Unveiled

The announces continue to ponder who the new authority is, when Shane McMahon's music plays.

Snow: SHANE? Shane is the new authority?

Ross: It would appear so, you mentioned earlier that the new authority was on his way, and I guess this would be him.

Shane grabs a mic.

Shane: Now I know all think I am the new authority around here.. but you would be wrong. My father came to me with the idea, but I turned it down. You see, with Evolution regrouping in such a dramatic way, I need someone in charge here who is experienced with handling them. That is why the new General Manager of Raw is none other than: SHAWN MICHAELS!

HBK's music plays and he comes out and does his little dance.

Snow: We haven't seen Shawn Michaels since Benoit defeated him at Wrestlemania XXII!

HBK: That's right, I am the new law around here. My first order of business is my old friend Chris Benoit and his new buddies. Next week, in this very ring, Chris Benoit will defend his World Championship belt... against CM Punk. Only this time, I will be the special guest referee. We are not going to see a repeat of Bad Blood, Benoit. You will not render CM Punk unconscious again while the referee is not looking, because I promise that I am going to keep my eyes on you for the entire damn match. And Evolution? You might as well just break up again right now, because if you think you're going to get your way all the time like you did with Eric Bischoff, then you don't know who you're dealing with.

Snow: HBK is back and he's not playing games this time.

Ross: It's about time we had a breath of fresh air around here. And bah gawd, I do believe HBK just made a subtle war cry towards the newly formed Evolution.

Show Ends

WWF News:

This week Raw scored a 6.04 rating, which is down from last week's 6.11.

Lance Storm is reportedly unhappy being a part of the Impact Players.  He is far more over than Justin Credible and lately has been feeling the need to continue his singles push.

Despite good reviews, WWE road agents were not too pleased with the Frank Shamrock vs Test bout and felt that their styles clashed.  WWE Booker Ernie Rowe has taken this into consideration.

Spike TV is quite happy with Smackdown's ratings.  Spike TV acquired Smackdown earlier this year when UPN inexplicably canceled what had been their top rated program.

WWE management is high on the talents of Funaki, Nunzio, Scoot Andrews, Austin Lee, and Shelton Benjamin, and there could be plans to push them higher up the card soon.  Shelton Benjamin is a former WWF Champion, but was depushed after his brief title reign in 2004.

Sunday Night Heat Spoilers!!

World Tag Team Champions Shane Helms and Shannon Moore defeat Lodi and Ozzy Benton

Jazz def Sherry Bop

Christian def Mark Jindrak

Bubba Ray Dudley defeat Johnny Jeter

WWF Smackdown! Preview

6/19/06

The fall-out from Sunday's Fully Loaded pay-per-view begins this Thursday! What will new WWF Champion Rhyno and his band of thugs (including new U.S. Champion Rodney Mack) have in store for the fans? Whatever it is, you can bet that former champs Chad Collyer and Paul London are not going to stand for it.

Also, AJ Styles and Matt Hardy cannot be happy about their loss to Johnny Stamboli and Orlando Jordan on Sunday. Tensions are at an all time high, and you can bet that Styles and Hardy are going to be out for revenge.

The Cruiserweight Championship is on the line! New champion Frankie Kazarian is going to have his hands full when he defends against Kid Kash in a rematch from Fully Loaded.

For all of this and more, tune into to WWF Smackdown! only on Spike TV!

For less confusion when I post Smackdown within the next couple of days... the Fully Loaded pay-per-view that took place on 7/16/06 consisted of:

Sunday Night Heat: Sean O'Haire defeat Jimmy Rave

Fully Loaded

Low Ki defeat Rob Van Dam

Taka Michinoku, Funaki, and Ultimo Dragon def Chuck Palumbo, Bill DeMott, and Reno

Scoot Andrews and Jamie Noble defeat Pepper Parks and Sonjay Dutt

United States Championship: Rodney Mack defeat Paul London © due to interferance from Rhyno

WWF Tag Team Championship: The Basham Brothers def Haas and Benjamin ©

Cruiserweight Championship: Frankie Kazarian def Kid Kash ©

Johnny Stamboli and Orlando Jordan def AJ Styles and Matt Hardy

WWF Championship: Rhyno def Chad Collyer ©

Afterwards, Paul London ran in and attacked Rhyno. He was able to get Rhyno to the mat long enough to deliver a bad-ass London Calling. London and Collyer were both then chased from the ring by Reno, DeMott, Rodney Mack, and Palumbo. Threats were exchanged and the show went off the air.

WWF Smackdown!

July 20, 2006

The pyro goes off and Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to Smackdown!

Rhyno’s Celebration

Balloons and confetti litter the arena as Rhyno and his henchmen make their entrance. Among the group are the new U.S. Champion Rodney Mack, Bill DeMott, Reno, Chuck Palumbo, and Mike Sanders. The group posses and Rhyno triumphantly holds his newly won WWF Championship over his head. A microphone is handed to Sanders.

Sanders: Fully Loaded was a hell of an event. We have a new World Wrestling Federation Champion and a new United States champion. We are go… (Rhyno pulls the microphone away).

Rhyno: PAUL LONDON! YOU TOOK AWAY MY MOMENT OF GLORY AT FULLY LOADED! I AM GOING TO GORE YOUR ASS! AND COLLYER, IF YOU THI… (Sanders takes the mic back)

Sanders: Easy now, champ. I’ve used my pull in the backstage area to provide you a chance to get your horns on Paul London and Chad Collyer. Tonight, there is going to be a match pitting yourself, Bill DeMott, and Rodney Mack against both Collyer and London… and a partner of their choosing, should they be able to find one.

(The titantron suddenly displays some pre-tapped footage of Reno taking out Billy Kidman and Brian Kendrick in the locker room.)

Sanders: As you can see, Reno was kind enough to send a message to the boys in the back explaining how our new Administration feels about anyone who might come to the aide of Collyer and London.

(Rhyno smiles and pats Reno on the back).

Cole: This isn’t fair! Those big bullies are going to play the numbers game to try to weaken Chad Collyer and Paul London.

Tazz: They’re just being smart, Cole. They are looking out for themselves, I admire that.

Overall: 75%

Cruiserweight Championship: Frankie Kazarian © vs Kid Kash

Match Background: This match is for the WWF Cruiserweight title. Frankie Kazarian has been WWF Cruiserweight champion since 16 July 2006.

The Match: Kash walks into a high dropkick from Frankie Kazarian, almost losing several teeth in the process. Kash walks into a high dropkick from Frankie Kazarian, almost losing several teeth in the process. Kazarian hits a dropkick on Kid Kash and gets right back up. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Kash blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Flying elbow from Kid Kash connects. Flying cross body off the top rope! Covers for a quick two count. Kash drops an elbow...but Frankie Kazarian moves out of the way. Flying reverse elbow by Frankie Kazarian. There's a two count on the pin. Back heel kick off the second rope, Kash goes down. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Kash counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Kazarian walks into a high dropkick from Kid Kash, almost losing several teeth in the process. Frankie Kazarian fights out of a grapple. Flying elbow from Frankie Kazarian connects. Frankie Kazarian moves in for the kill. Wave Of The Future! 1....2....3. Kid Kash slides to the outside and grabs a chair, then climbs back into the ring. Kazarian turns around...and gets planted with a huge chair shot to the head! He is left down and out on the canvas.

My Opinion: A badly blown spot prevents me from giving out more snowflakes. ***3/4

Cole: Kazarian continues to shine.

Tazz: Yeah, but take a look at Kid Kash. He’s not taking this loss very lightly.

Winner and STILL Cruiserweight Champion: Frankie Kazarian

A limo arrives…

Backstage we see a limousine pull up. Cole and Tazz wonder who it is, when Don Callis steps out. The crowd jeers.

Doug Basham vs Charlie Haas.

The Match: STIFF high kick on Basham by Charlie Haas. Basham pushes out of a Charlie Haas hold. STIFF~! chop lights up Haas who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! The referee bumps after catching a wild right hand and is down. High Angle DDT by Doug Basham just SPIKES Charlie Haas down! Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Basham drops an elbow...but Charlie Haas moves out of the way. A Gut buster connects on Basham and hits hard. Vicious back suplex! Doug Basham got nailed big time! There's a two count on the pin. Delayed BRAINBUSTAH~! by Haas who held onto that one for ages. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Basham blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Nice piledriver on Haas. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Basham drops an elbow...but Charlie Haas moves out of the way. Shelton Benjamin comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Doug Basham turns around. Shelton Benjamin spins Basham around. Shelton Benjamin hits the Super Kick! Shelton leaves the ring, the damage done! Cover gets three for Charlie Haas, Basham got pinned. Haas and Benjamin are beating down on Doug Basham! The music of Danny Basham hits, and he comes running down the aisle into the ring. Haas and Shelton don't hesitate though, and attack him as soon as he enters the ring! Danny Basham gets beaten down as well, and soon joins Doug Basham down and out on the canvas. Haas and Benjamin have destroyed them both!

My Opinion: All it gets is a ***1\2 rating from me. Deal with it.

Cole: Those two cowards have just taken down the Basham Brothers!

Tazz: Hey, they liked being WWF Tag champions. I can’t say I blame them.

Winner: Charlie Haas

Chad Collyer Interview

Josh Matthews is with Chad Collyer. Collyer explains his disappointment with himself for losing the WWF Championship to Rhyno the night before. Matthews asks Collyer if he and London have found a third partner yet, and Collyer says not yet, but London is looking around.

Overall: 84%

Chuck Palumbo vs Orlando Jordan.

The Match: Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Chuck Palumbo ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Jordan is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Fallaway slam by Chuck Palumbo puts down Orlando Jordan. Running knee lift from Chuck Palumbo. Jordan kicks Chuck Palumbo in the gut to reverse the momentum. A Gut buster connects on Palumbo and hits hard. Tiger bomb by Orlando Jordan, which is nowhere near as cool as a botched Pedigree but gets the job done. Hooks the leg for a two count. Palumbo blocks a kick from Orlando Jordan. Nice piledriver on Jordan. Hooks the leg for a two count. Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Pin, but Jordan is out just before the three count. Jordan blocks a kick from Chuck Palumbo. STIFF~! chop lights up Palumbo who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Palumbo blocks a kick from Orlando Jordan. BIG clothesline on Jordan. AJ Styles comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Orlando Jordan turns around. AJ Styles spins Jordan around. AJ Styles hits the Styles Clash! Styles leaves the ring, the damage done! ONE...TWO...THREE. Palumbo defeats Jordan. AJ Styles has a chair. Orlando Jordan stands up...and gets floored by a shot to the head. Another two shots smack down across his back, leaving him unmoving on the canvas. Styles sets the chair up, then picks up Orlando Jordan. He gets whipped into the ropes...and then drop toe holded, sending him face first into the chair! AJ Styles has left Jordan down and bloodied in the ring after a brutal assault!

My Opinion: I'll give this a ***1\4 rating. If I left it up to you, you'd probably think it was the greatest match ever! Keep trying...

Cole: What the hell is AJ Styles doing!

Tazz: Styles is smarting over that loss to Jordan at Fully Loaded. We thought this was over, but I guess we were wrong.

Winner: Chuck Palumbo

Don Callis is backstage

Josh Matthews is standing with Don Callis, the manager of AJ Styles and Low Ki. Callis puts Styles over for attacking Orlando Jordan and reveals that he signed for Matt Hardy and AJ Styles to be a permanent union. He will now manage all of them.

Overall: 88%

Styles and Hardy vs Kai En Tai.

Match Background: Hardy and Styles are teaming up as Styles and Hardy for the first time tonight. Kai En Tai are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion.

The Match: Spinning back kick from AJ Styles. Styles hits a dropkick on TAKA Michinoku and gets right back up. Hooks the leg for a two count. Styles tags out to Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Styles and Hardy whip TAKA into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. There's a two count on the pin. TAKA gets caught with a short powerbomb from Hardy. TAKA flips out of a Matt Hardy Version 1.0 bodyslam attempt. Lightning kick by TAKA on Hardy. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag between TAKA Michinoku and Funaki. GORGEOUS Spinning bulldog in the corner and Hardy is down. Pin, but Hardy is out just before the three count. Flying elbow from Funaki connects. Funaki misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Hardy uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Tag between Matt Hardy Version 1.0 and AJ Styles. Styles just WAFFLES Funaki with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Funaki tags out to TAKA Michinoku. Flying elbow from AJ Styles connects. Low Ki comes running down the aisle with a chair! Styles and TAKA Michinoku continue fighting, unaware of the intrusion. Low Ki slides in and blasts TAKA Michinoku with a chair to the head! Low Ki climbs out of the ring, the damage done! TAKA Michinoku is in trouble. Here it comes - Styles Clash. 1....2...3, it's finished. Low Ki is still in the ring. He signals for the Dragon Clutch! Running down the aisle comes Rob Van Dam! He slides in the ring, and chases Low Ki out of the ring! RVD chases him through the crowd and out of sight.

My Opinion: As close to a ***** match as possible...but unfortunately, it was missing something, so I can only give it ****3/4.

Cole: It looks as if AJ Styles has managed to piss off yet another WWF super star.

Winners: AJ Styles and Matt Hardy

Scoot Andrews vs Ultimo Dragon.

Tazz: Whoever wins this match could themselves getting a shot at Cruiserweight gold in the very near future.

The Match: Ultimo just WAFFLES Scoot with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Scoot Andrews just WALKS into a stiff lariat clothesline from Ultimo. Scoot Andrews takes a butterfly suplex from Ultimo. Flying elbow from Ultimo Dragon connects. Scoot counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Scoot uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! VICIOUS lightning kick by Scoot on Ultimo. There's a two count on the pin. Ultimo kicks Scoot Andrews in the gut to reverse the momentum. Flying reverse elbow by Ultimo Dragon. There's a two count on the pin. Back heel kick off the second rope, Scoot goes down. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Scoot Andrews once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Ultimo walks into a high dropkick from Scoot Andrews, almost losing several teeth in the process. Ultimo ducks a wild right hand. Ultimo uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Scoot Andrews can barely stand. Flipping Reverse DDT! 1....2....3. Ultimo Dragon remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

My Opinion: A **** rating is well deserved for the competitors in this match.

Winner: Ultimo Dragon

Rhyno, Bill DeMott, and Rodney Mack vs Chad Collyer, Paul London and ???

The bad guys make their entrance, along with Mike Sanders. Collyer and London enter together and stand by the entrance ramp. Suddenly, some familiar music plays!

Cole: It’s Johnny Stamboli!

Tazz: Is he crazy? He’s going to be on Sander’s hit list for sure!

Match Background: Rhyno is the reigning WWF World champion, and has been since 16 July 2006. Rodney Mack is the reigning WWF United States champion, and has been since 16 July 2006.

The Match: Paul London connects with a back heel kick on Rhyno and gets back up quickly. Hard back suplex on Rhyno. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Tag between Paul London and Johnny Stamboli. Stamboli slams Rhyno down and motions to the crowd. Arn Anderson-like Spinebuster by Johnny Stamboli, executed to perfection. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Johnny Stamboli and Chad Collyer. Stamboli \ Collyer whip Rhyno into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Hard back suplex on Rhyno. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Rhyno pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. BIG clothesline on Collyer. Tag between Rhyno and Bill DeMott. Bill DeMott with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Collyer. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. Side suplex from DeMott. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Collyer gets splashed in the corner. Tag to Rodney Mack. Collyer is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Chad Collyer charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Chad Collyer elbows Rodney Mack in the face to break a hammerlock. Collyer tags out to Paul London. Paul London hits a rolling kick on Mack. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Mack tags out to Rhyno. Rhyno scoops and slams Paul London. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Paul London pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Rhyno gets knocked to the ground by London, who is already climbing the turnbuckle. Off the top - London Calling, forget about it. 1....2...3!

My Opinion: They definitely need to hook up again, I don't care what anyone says. ***1\2

Cole: OH MY GOD! Paul London just pinned the new WWF Champion!

Tazz: If we thought Rhyno was pissed before, I don’t think we’ve seen nothing yet!

Winners: Chad Collyer, Paul London, and Johnny Stamboli

The show ends with London celebrating on the entrance ramp while Rhyno yells threats.

WWF News!

Smackdown scored a 5.27, which is the lowest Smackdown rating in a long time. Some WWF officials are questioning the drawing abilities of Chad Collyer, whom the show has focused on greatly in the past couple of months.

Triple H has been requesting ring time with Bubba Ray Dudley as of late. It is not known if his request will be granted, seeing as Triple H has just about lost all of his backstage pull since seperating from Stephanie McMahon.

Steve Corino signed a new one year contract with the WWF on wednesday. Now that Corino is finished touring with Japan and has a solid spot on the roster, it is expected he will be more involved with the storylines.  WWF Booker Ernie Rowe is still trying to sign Masato Tanaka to a written deal, but Tanaka still has obligations to Japan, and would prefer not to be tied down in North America.

Ernie Rowe also signed deals with independent workers Bryan Danielson, Xavier, and Mark Brisco.  Xavier will be reporting to OVW when his current NWATNA deal expires, while it is expected that Danielson and Brisco will debut almost immediatly after their current deals with Ring of Honor end.

WWF management is not too high on the talent remaining in OVW as of right now.  There are plans to call up Chris Chetti if he continues to improve, but he is the only one the creative team is interested in right now.

Rico and Matt Stryker are set to return in August.

credit: thebattleground.com

Velocity Spoilers!

Jimmy Rave def Kanyon

Jody Fleisch def Jay Brisco

Pepper Parks and Sonjay Dutt def Psychosis and JC Ice

Low Ki def Nova

Guest Real F'n Show

good stuff so far, although its a little weird seeing Paul London and Chad Collyer main eventing...

good stuff so far, although its a little weird seeing Paul London and Chad Collyer main eventing...

:D

I guess it does seem pretty weird at first. I wish I'd started a diary when I started the game, then you would have seen the rise of both of them.

Chad Collyer, as of now, is a 2-time WWE Champion, winning his first title at Wrestlemania XXII (From AJ Styles).

Paul London is just cracking the main event now. He's been Cruiserweight and United States champion, but I'd like to see what type of results he could produce in a program with Rhyno.

Thanks for the feedback!

Raw Preview!

Last week Shawn Michaels made his dramatic return to Raw... as the new general manager! HBK made some promises, will he start living up to them this week?

Also, the war between CM Punk and Chris Benoit comes to a conclusion this week! It's Chris Benoit vs CM Punk for the World Heavyweight Championship, ONE MORE TIME! Also, what role will Benoit's new found Evolution friends play in this match? Don't miss it!

Also last week, Tommy Dreamer and Steve Corino wrestled to a double DQ. This week the IC Title is on the line again, but in a hardcore rules match!

Also scheduled to appear: Raven, Christian, Helms and Moore, and the return of Masato Tanaka!

credit: wwf.com

WWF Raw!

July 24, 2006

Shawn Michaels Addresses the People

"Sexy Boy" plays over the speakers and HBK makes his way to the ring. Meanwhile, Jim Ross and Al Snow welcome us to Raw.

HBK: Last week I promised that huge changes were in store for Raw. This week I start delivering on that promise. First off, I'd like to start by administering a new rule that basically would not be necessary if everyone followed the rules in the first place. For now on, outside interferance in matches is unacceptable. This goes for everyone, period. If you interfere in a match, you will be dealt with. I hope that is clear.

Secondly, I'm in the mood for a good fight tonight. That is why tonight's World Title match between Chris Benoit and CM Punk will be a falls count anywhere match. Benoit and Punk have been at each other's throats for over two months now, I'd hate to see this match need to be contained to the ring. As a reminder to Evolution, I want you all to remember my new stand on interferene. No interference. Ever. Period.

Finally, I have been in negotiations with some Smackdown stars who I think could bring a lot to Raw. Their Smackdown contracts were expiring, so I offered them a fresh start. To start off, making his Raw debut tonight: BRIAN KENDRICK!

Kendrick's music plays and the wrestler formerly known as Spanky hops down to the ring. He gives HBK a high-five and receives a huge pop. The first match is after the commercial break.

Brian Kendrick vs Austin Lee

J.R: Well, so far I have to admire Shawn Michaels as General Manager. He seems to really want to turn things around.

Snow: Evolution is in big trouble, J.R. Their entire game plan revolves around the numbers game, and this new enforcement of no interference is going to hurt them.

J.R. They are just going to have to be creative.

The Match: Brian Kendrick strikes Lee. Brian Kendrick kicks the leg, knocks Lee down, and goes to work on it. Implant DDT by Brian Kendrick! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Spin kick by Brian Kendrick to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Lee blocks a kick from Brian Kendrick. Second rope flying axe handle, Kendrick goes down. One day, Lee might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. SUPER frankensteiner on Kendrick, who hit hard. There's a two count on the pin. Kendrick powers out of a headlock. Lightning kick by Kendrick on Lee. There's a two count on the pin. DDT from the top rope by Brian Kendrick. That looked KILLER. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Brian Kendrick misses a clothesline. Lee hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Kendrick blocks a punch. Flying elbow from Brian Kendrick connects. Brian Kendrick drives Austin Lee into the corner. Sliced Bread #2! 1....2....3. Austin Lee looks furious. The referee walks over...and gets blasted with a clothesline! Lee has lost it!

My Opinion: I'd love to see a rematch and see if they can top this. ****

J.R.: What an awesome debut for Brian Kendrick. He has the potential to go far on Raw.

Winner: Brian Kendrick

Richards and Victoria Interview

The Coach is with Stevie Richards and Victoria. Stevie bashes HBK for his new rule and promises that nothing will keep Evolution away from success. Victoria then makes a challenge to Trish Stratus for Summerslam. She wants the Women's championship.

Intercontinental Championship: Tommy Dreamer © vs Steve Corino.

Match Background: This will be a hardcore bout. This match is for the WWF Intercontinental title. Tommy Dreamer has been WWF Intercontinental champion since 20 February 2006. Last week on Raw, Dreamer and Corino wrestled to a double disqualification for roughing up the referee.

The Match: Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Tommy Dreamer ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Corino pushes out of a Tommy Dreamer hold. Dreamer is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. The referee bumps after catching a wild right hand and is down. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Steve Corino just KILLS Tommy Dreamer! Cover, but there's no one to count for Steve Corino! Dreamer blocks a punch. Tommy Dreamer smashes a Playstation console over the head of Corino. Should have used an X-Box, they're much bigger. Spear by Tommy Dreamer. Covers for a quick two count. Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Tommy Dreamer misses a clothesline. Steve Corino drives a table into Dreamer. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Dreamer ducks a wild right hand. Tommy Dreamer moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Dreamer Driver. 1....2...3, it's finished. Tommy Dreamer is still in the ring celebrating. Steve Corino pushes the referee away. Steve Corino spins Dreamer around. Steve Corino hits the Old School Expulsion!

Snow: Dreamer continues his dominance as IC Champion!

Winner and STILL IC Champ: Tommy Dreamer

Justin Credible vs Triple H

Match Background: Last week the Impact Players lost a tag match to other Evolution members Simon Diamond and Ken Shamrock.

The Match: Triple H connects with rights and lefts and Justin Credible is down! Credible is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Fallaway slam by Triple H puts down Justin Credible. Flying shoulder tackle by HHH sends Credible CRASHING to the mat. Credible blocks a kick from Triple H. Big kick from Credible staggers HHH but that's about it. Justin Credible hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. There's a two count on the pin. HHH blocks a kick from Justin Credible. Spear by Triple H. There's a two count on the pin. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Triple H connects and Justin Credible is down! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Credible backdrops Triple H out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Justin Credible. Justin Credible hits HHH. Justin Credible gets taken down out of nowhere! BIG clothesline on Credible. Ken Shamrock comes running down the aisle with a chair! HHH and Justin Credible continue fighting, unaware of the intrusion. Ken Shamrock slides in and blasts Justin Credible with a chair to the head! Shamrock climbs out of the ring, the damage done! Justin Credible can barely stand. Pedigree! 1....2....3. HHH \ Shamrock are beating down on Justin Credible! The music of Lance Storm hits, and he comes running down the aisle into the ring. HHH and Shamrock don't hesitate though, and attack him as soon as he enters the ring! Lance Storm gets beaten down as well, and soon joins Justin Credible down and out on the canvas. HHH \ Shamrock have destroyed them both!

Snow: The Impact Players have suffered defeat at the hands of Evolution yet again!

Ross: Not only that, but that son of a bitch, Ken Shamrock, just interfered in the match! That was just strictly forbidden earlier in the broadcast.

HBK's music plays and he comes out again.

Snow: You're right, J.R. Someone is about to pay.

Winner: Triple H

HBK Upholds the New Rule

HBK stays at the entrance ramp and has a mic in hand.

HBK: I thought I made it clear that interference was forbidden as of tonight. (Shamrock just spits in response).

HHH: Well, Shawn, that's nice. But seriously, what are you going to do to stop us? If you think you can mess with Evolution, then you are in for a world of hurt.

HBK: Well, Hunter, you're right. Evolution is too crafty for me. That is why I have signed someone very familiar to you to a new Raw contract. This person knows how your mind works better than just about anyone.

HHH: That's funny, Shawn. To fully comprehend how Evolution works, this person would have to have been in Evolution at some point.

HBK: Funny that you mention this, Hunter. Because he was. Ken Shamrock, I hope you are ready to wrestle, because you have a match right now. If you lose it, you are suspended until further notice. Triple H, Shamrock, allow me to introduce the newest addition to the Raw roster: Randy Orton!

Ross: What?!? Orton is back?

Snow: After a year on Smackdown, Randy Orton is back to Raw! And look at Triple H's face!

Ken Shamrock vs Randy Orton

The Match: BAAACK Body drop by Orton gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Orton takes a quick lariat. Covers for a quick two count. Ken Shamrock misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Shamrock takes a headbutt from Randy Orton. Orton slams Ken Shamrock down and motions to the crowd. There's a two count on the pin. Powerbomb on Shamrock. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Randy Orton with a spinning neckbreaker on Shamrock. Randy Orton misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Orton takes a quick lariat. There's a two count on the pin. Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Stun Gun from Ken Shamrock! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Randy Orton just WALKS into a stiff lariat clothesline from Shamrock. Randy Orton pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Orton slams Ken Shamrock down and motions to the crowd. Brutal sit out powerbomb on Shamrock! Randy Orton moves in for the kill. RKO! 1....2....3. Simon Diamond comes running down the aisle with a chair! Randy Orton is just leaving the ring...and Diamond scores with a brutal chair shot! Randy Orton falls to the floor holding his head.

Ross: That's it! Ken Shamrock has been suspended until futher notice!

Snow: Shawn Michaels wasn't kidding about the New Rule!

Ross: Doesn't look as though Diamond is too happy with his tag partner being suspended. He took his revenge out on Orton.

Winner: Randy Orton

Interview with Steve Corino

The Coach asks Steve Corino how he feels about his loss to Tommy Dreamer. Corino screams at Coach, saying he only lost because it was a barbaric hardcore rules match. He claims that Dreamer cannot match him in a "legitimate" match and challenges Dreamer to yet another match next week, this time a submission match.

Masato Tanaka vs Christian

Match Background: Last week Raven punked out Christian.

The Match: Tanaka slams Christian. Masato Tanaka hits some punches. How generic. Bodyslam by Tanaka. BAAACK Body drop by Christian gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Christian reverses a Masato Tanaka hammerlock. Christian slams Masato Tanaka down and motions to the crowd. Doctor Bomb connects and Tanaka landed hard. Hooks the leg for a two count. Masato Tanaka reverses a hip toss. Spinebuster by Masato Tanaka. There's a two count on the pin. Death valley driver by Masato Tanaka! No one executes that move properly anymore. Pin, but Christian is out just before the three count. Christian fights out of a grapple. Christian gets up and gives a Belly to belly suplex to Christian. Tanaka flips out of a Christian bodyslam attempt. Christian charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Christian can barely stand. Roaring Elbow!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Raven comes running down the aisle with a chair and into the ring! Christian turns...and is dropped by a vicious chair shot! Raven has left Christian down and bloodied.

Snow: Raven isn't done with Christian!

Winner: Masato Tanaka

World Tag Team Championship: Helms and Moore © vs Lodi and Ozzy Benton

Match Background: Helms and Moore are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. This match is for the World Tag Team titles. Helms and Moore have been World Tag Team champions since 27 June 2006.

Snow: What do you think of the rumors that Lodi has a secret crush on Ozzy Benton?

Ross: Why, I haven't heard any such rumors, but that makes me sick.

Snow: What's wrong with that?

Ross: Nothing against Lodi, but I assure you that Ozzy Benton has little to no interest in anything romantic with him. This is all about business.

The Match: Helms walks into a spinning heel kick which almost causes a decapitation! Flying elbow off the top rope by Lodi, getting as close to zero air as possible. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Lodi and Ozzy Benton. Benton \ Lodi whip Helms into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Benton slams Shane Helms down. Helms is sure in trouble now. Hooks the leg for a two count. Benton strikes away at Shane Helms, not doing much damage at all. Helms kicks Ozzy Benton in the gut to reverse the momentum. Shane Helms scores with a big spinebuster. Tag between Shane Helms and Shannon Moore. Flying elbow from Shannon Moore connects. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Benton is down! Benton blocks a punch. Benton tags out to Lodi. Back heel kick from Lodi on Shannon but it misses by miles. Lodi with an enziguri! HBK isn't moving...uh oh. Oh, sorry, I had a flashback to the last time I got fooled. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. A kick from Lodi is delivered to the leg. Lodi charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Lightning kick by Shannon on Lodi. Lodi is all alone...Vertebreaker!! 1....2....3! Benton and Lodi remain in the ring, arguing. Lodi looks really angry. Ozzy Benton pushes Lodi away and walks off, looking furious.

Snow: Looks as if there is trouble in paradise.

Ross: Impossible, Benton is just as upset about the loss as anyone would be.

Snow: Sure, sure.

My Opinion: I really shouldn't drink when I'm reviewing matches. Especially with Scotsman, I can't drink nearly as much, so I try too hard. It was either ** or ****, but I guess I'll have to compromise and say ***.

Winners and STILL World Tag Team Champions: Shane Helms and Shannon Moore

Ross: The main event is next!

World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Benoit © vs CM Punk

Match Background: This will be a falls count anywhere bout. Shawn Michaels is the guest referee. Benoit and Punk have been feuding for quite some time now. Chris Benoit won the World Championship from CM Punk at Bad Blood in June. This match is for the World Heavyweight title. Chris Benoit has been World Heavyweight champion since 27 June 2006.

The Match: Benoit gets slammed onto a trash can, squashing it. CM Punk hits a stalling suplex on Benoit. There's a two count on the pin. Chris Benoit powers out of a CM Punk headlock. Big forearm by Chris Benoit makes me want to go to the mirror and check MY teeth. A Gut buster connects on Punk and hits hard. Covers for a quick two count. Chris Benoit throws Punk into a shopping trolley. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! CM Punk takes a butterfly suplex from Benoit. They brawl to the outside and into the crowd. Belly to belly on the concrete! Would you say that's more deadly than Shane Douglas's regular B2B? Hooks the leg for a two count. Right hand from Benoiton the outside now. They wind up back in the squared circle. Chris Benoit gets taken down out of nowhere! Full nelson slam on Benoit. Covers for a quick two count. Tiger suplex on Benoit. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Pin, but Benoit is out just before the three count. A Gut buster connects on Benoit and hits hard. Face jam onto the table by Punk. Benoit counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Running knee lift from Chris Benoit. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Chris Benoit just KILLS CM Punk! Chris Benoit floors CM Punk. Here it comes...Crippler Crossface! CM Punk taps! HBK calls for the bell. Chris Benoit climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

My Opinion: This was such a good match, it caused star ratings to magically appear... ****1\4

Snow: What an amazing match! Both men gave it their everything!

Ross: My hat is off to Chris Benoit as well. He pulled out the victory without resorting to any cheap tactics like his Evolution running buddies.

Julio Dinero comes out and helps CM Punk to his feet. Benoit just holds the title up in a spiteful fashion to taunt Dinero and the beaten CM Punk.

Winner and STILL World Heavyweight Champion: Chris Benoit

Heat Spoilers!

Trish Stratus, Alexis Laree, and Ivory def Jazz, Molly Holly, and Gail Kim

Simon Diamond def Bubba Ray Dudley

Test def Shashka Corbett

Taylor Matheny def Erica Porter

Man, I'm really enjoying this, especially with all the fresh faces and strong feuds. Awesome job.

Thanks reading! I'm glad you're enjoying this thus far, I'm hoping that as I keep going, the stories and characters will get stronger and better. Thanks for the feedback!

WWF News and Rumors!

Raw scored a solid 5.98 rating this week. Officials were also more pleased with the work-rate this week, feeling it was overall a step up from last week.

Johnny Jeter has been placed in a rehab facility. WWF has not released him from his contract, as the idea is he has a world of potential. WWF booker, Ernie Rowe, stated "If Jeter can overcome his personal demons, he will have a place waiting for him."

Ernie Rowe has a reputation for not releasing talent in rehab. In 2004, Rob Van Dam was put in rehab mere weeks after winning the WWF Championship, and Rowe let then U.S. Champion AJ Styles run Smackdown while RVD was away.

Triple H has become more popular backstage since seperating from Stephanie McMahon. Though it is unlikely that he will renew his contract in October, Triple H will likely continue to be highly involved in Raw storylines until he leaves. Many feel Triple H is the most over he has been in years, and has humbled himself quite a bit.

Rob Van Dam is also not renewing his contract in September. RVD broke his leg last year in a Smackdown match against JC Ice, and has not been the same since. RVD cannot perform the same stunts he did before, and he feels that he does not have the capabilities to remain in the WWF as a main eventer. The seperation between WWF and RVD is expected to end on a high note.

Smackdown Preview

Last week, Paul London embarassed new WWF Champion Rhyno, not once, but twice! How will Rhyno respond this week? Could London be the future recipient of a brutal beating?

Also, Johnny Stamboli made himself a marked man by helping out Chad Collyer and Paul London in the six man tag last week. You can imagine that Mike Sanders is furious. What type of consequences await Stamboli?

The storied past between AJ Styles and Rob Van Dam became a factor again last week. Is another chapter ready to begin?

The WWE Tag Team titles are on the line! In a rematch from Fully Loaded, the champions Doug and Danny Basham square off against Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin in what is sure to be an explosive match!

For all of this and more, don't miss a single second of WWF Smackdown! only on Spike TV.

credit: wwf.com

WWF Smackdown!

July 27, 2006

Don Callis has words to say.

Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to Smackdown, but get cut off by the music of Don Callis. He makes his way to the ring and grabs a mic.

Callis: I am out here tonight to speak some truth to all of you. That's right, for once you are going to hear the truth, because you are all living in the past and you are living in delusion. The truth of the matter is that "everyone's favorite wrestler" down right sucks! (The audience is chanting "RVD" by this point, Callis acknowledges the chants). Ah, so you all know who I'm talking about, maybe you aren't as stupid as I thought. Either way, I'd like to show you some footage, if you would turn your attention to the titantron:

A clip from the RVD/Styles match from Wrestlemania XXI plays. RVD is spinning around the ring like a top and out-maneuvering Styles at every turn.

Callis: See, this is the past! This is from a year and a half ago! Look at how awesome your favorite wrestler is! Kind of sucks that he lost that match in the end afterall! (Cole throws a fit and reminds us that Callis had interfered in that match). Now here is a clip from Smackdown three weeks ago.

Another clip airs, this one being from Styles vs RVD on a recent Smackdown. This time it is Styles flying around the ring while RVD is doing the best he can with ground-based attacks, due to his previously broken leg.

Callis: Look at that! There is no question in mind that AJ Styles was superior to RVD back then, and there is no question now! RVD is foolish to confront a man who has never beaten, he should just retire right now!

Suddenly, RVD's music hits and he comes out to a great pop. He gets into the ring and Callis looks a bit nervous.

Callis: Now, RVD, I'm just showing you some harsh reality, I'... (RVD grabs the mic).

RVD: Dude... no argument here. There are many things I could do before that I cannot do now. But who cares! (huge pop). Styles might still be faster than me, but at least I am not the most hated wrestler in this building! (huge pop).

Callis gets another mic: What are you talking about? The fans love AJ Styles (huge boo).

RVD: Right, well, you did make one point. That is that I should be thinking about retirement. I mean, jeez. I have my own comic book shop to run! That and I've done it all! I was WWF Champion for eight months! I've held every title there is to hold! I'm pretty happy with myself.

Callis: Excellent, feel free to leave at anytime.

RVD: BUT! There is some unfinished business I have yet to attend to. I have met AJ Styles on pay-per-view three times, and he has pinned me on pay-per-view three times. I want him at Summerslam one more time. It will be my retirement match, and I want to prove to the world, and to myself, that even without my high flying abilities... that I am better than AJ Styles.

Callis: You're on! Why don't we get started early though! Why don't you go get that piece of crap, Orlando Jordan, and have a little match tonight with AJ Styles and my newest client, Matt Hardy!

RVD: Orlando Jordan? You mean that poor guy your goons decimated in the ring last week?

Callis: Yeah, that guy.

RVD: You are on!

RVD nails Callis in the face and leaves.

Ultimo Dragon vs Kid Kash

The Match: Dropkick connects to the BUTT of the jaw and Ultimo goes down. Ultimo walks into a high dropkick from Kid Kash, almost losing several teeth in the process. Ultimo takes a flying neckbreaker from Kid Kash. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Ultimo reverses a Kid Kash hammerlock. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Flying cross body off the top rope! Hooks the leg for a two count. Ultimo Dragon gets taken down out of nowhere! Super kick by Kid Kash. Hooks the leg for a two count. Power drive elbow by Kid Kash. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Pin, but Ultimo is out just before the three count. Kash drops an elbow...but Ultimo Dragon moves out of the way. Standing leg lariat by Ultimo Dragon on Kash. Kash pushes out of a Ultimo Dragon hold. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Ultimo scores with a forearm, sending Kash down into the corner. The referee pulls Ultimo Dragon away to get the break. Wait! Kash has pulled something out of his tights. Ultimo Dragon walks over...and gets floored by a punch! 1....2....3! The referee never saw the brass knuckles! Frankie Kazarian comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Frankie Kazarian spins Kash around. Frankie Kazarian hits the Wave Of The Future! Kid Kash has been left down on the canvas.

My Opinion: Some blown spots really drag this match down a notch, so its ***1\2 for you.

Cole: Kazarian gets some vengeance, not only for himself but for Ultimo Dragon!

Winner: Kid Kash

Josh Matthews with Orlando Jordan

Matthews: It was just announced that you have a match tonight against one of the men who bruised you up last week. How do you feel?

Jordan: I'm always in the mood to fight against that no good Matt Hardy. But AJ Styles? You do not want to make an enemy out of me. It was just fun wrestling you before, but now it's personal. I'm going to let RVD rip into you and then destroy whatever remains of you afterwards!

Kanyan and O'Haire vs Jimmy Rave and Nova

Match Background: Sean O'Haire beat Jimmy Rave in the Heat match before Fully Loaded. Rave picked up a win over O'Haire's tag partner on Velocity last week as well.

The Match: Jimmy Rave kicks the leg, knocks Kanyon down, and goes to work on it. Rave hits a dropkick on Chris Kanyon and gets right back up. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Jimmy Rave and Nova. Jimmy Rave and Nova hook up Kanyon, then hit a double suplex. Covers for a quick two count. Nova uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Nova misses a clothesline. Nova walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Chris Kanyon and Sean O'Haire. Sean O'Haire hits a bulldog off the ropes. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Nova charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Nova pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Flying elbow from Nova connects. Tag to Jimmy Rave. Jimmy Rave connects with a back heel kick on O'Haire and gets back up quickly. O'Haire tags out to Chris Kanyon. Flying elbow from Jimmy Rave connects. Jimmy Rave and Nova have Chris Kanyon to themselves. Northern Rave! 1....2....3! It's over. Rhyno and Rodney Mack just hit the ring with chairs! Stereo chair shots put down Kanyan and O'Haire! Rave tries to attack, but gets beaten to the floor with punches and kicks. Nova has a brief offensive flurry, but gets nailed with a boot to the gut...and hit with the Super Bomb! Rhyno \ Mack have laid everyone out!

My Opinion: They definitely need to hook up again, I don't care what anyone says. ***1\2

Cole: Dammit! Rhyno and Rodney Mack just took out four men!

Tazz: They are pissed off, Cole. You cannot tell who they will attack and why!

Winners: Jimmy Rave and Nova

The Sanders Administration Speaks

Rhyno: I... am... the...WWF CHAMPION! Don't I get some sort of respect for such an achievement? DON'T I GET TO HAVE SOME GLORY! If so, then why am I being HASSLED by some SCRAWNY little CRUISERWEIGHT named PAUL LONDON! That's okay though... because I don't have to deal with that PUNK tonight.

The titantron shows a camera following Reno at an airport. He is dressed as a security guard and he is showing other airport security photos of Chad Collyer and Paul London.

Rhyno: Once again, Reno has earned his keep with us. Those fools at the airport think Collyer and London have DRUGS ON THEM! (Sanders and Mack crack up).

Sanders: That's right, champ. We're afraid that tonight will be our night, there is no one to oppose us, except maybe... um... what's his face... you know that guy who volunteered to help Collyer and London... oh yeah, Johnny Stamboli. Let's not play games here, Johnny. Come out here and face us before we go back there and find you. It's going down either way.

Johnny Stamboli vs Rhyno and Rodney Mack

Match Background: This will be a 2 on 1 handicap bout. Rhyno is the reigning WWF World champion, and has been since 16 July 2006. Rodney Mack is the reigning WWF United States champion, and has been since 16 July 2006. Last week Stamboli was the surprise entrant in a six man tag involving Chad Collyer, Paul London, and himself against his two opponents and Bill DeMott.

The Match: Stamboli hits a right hand. BIG clothesline on Rhyno. Ring-shaking body slam on Rhyno. Covers for a quick two count. Stamboli slams Rodney Mack down and motions to the crowd. Mack blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Mack \ Rhyno hook up Stamboli, then hit a double suplex. Johnny Stamboli charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Nice piledriver on Stamboli. Rhyno scoops up Stamboli. Mack bounces off the ropes and hits a flying Hart Attack clothesline. Covers for a quick two count. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Rodney Mack just KILLS Johnny Stamboli! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Stamboli scoops and slams Rodney Mack. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Johnny Stamboli by Rhyno. Remember when that was a legit finish? Rhyno \ Mack whip Stamboli into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Hooks the leg for a two count. Rodney Mack hits some punches. How generic. Rodney Mack gets taken down out of nowhere! Rhyno misses a clothesline. Flying clothesline by Stamboli. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Stamboli gets hit with a HUGE clothesline. Mack \ Rhyno whip Stamboli into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Johnny Stamboli is in trouble. Here it comes - Gore. 1....2...3, it's finished.

My Opinion: A ***3/4 rating! Yay!

Cole: What a heroic battle by Johnn Stamboli. He did all he could tonight, but the numbers game was just too much.

Tazz: What a brilliant scheme by the Sanders Administration. They sent their enforcer, Reno, to keep Collyer and London from being here to stop them.

Winners: Rhyno and Rodney Mack

Low Ki vs TAKA Michinoku

Match Background: Low Ki works for Don Callis.

The Match: Back suplex on TAKA. Low Ki connects with rights and lefts and TAKA Michinoku is down! TAKA takes a headbutt from Low Ki. Covers for a quick two count. Bodyslam by Low Ki. Hooks the leg for a two count. Low Ki goes for a splash but TAKA puts the knees up. TAKA Michinoku connects with a back heel kick on Low Ki and gets back up quickly. Hooks the leg for a two count. Superkick by TAKA Michinoku practically knocks out all of Low Ki's teeth! Low Ki comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Mick Foley-esque Double Arm DDT by Low Ki connects as TAKA is down! TAKA Michinoku can barely stand. Here it comes - Ki Krusher. 1....2...3, it's finished. Low Ki climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

My Opinion: I'd love to see a rematch and see if they can top this. ****

Tazz: What an awesome display by these two men!

Cole: It was a hell of a match! It's a shame that Low Ki works for Callis, could you imagine what he might be able to do if he was free of them?

Winner: Low Ki

Guess who!

Josh Matthews is about to interview a very exhausted looking Billy Kidman, when suddenly Chad Collyer and Paul London come storming in!

Matthews: I thought you two were stuck at the airport!

Collyer: We were! That is until, Mike Sanders made one very big mistake.

London: That's right, the security had Smackdown on in the office and they saw Sanders and Rhyno bragging.

Collyer: So they apologized and let us go. Rumor has it they have a warrant out for Reno's arrest as well.

London: But now, I want to go to the ring... by myself. I have some unfinished business.

Collyer: Good luck, man.

WWF Tag Team Championship: The Basham Brothers © vs Haas and Benjamin

Match Background: Basham Brothers are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Haas and Benjamin are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. This match is for the WWF Tag Team titles. Basham Brothers have been WWF Tag Team champions since 16 July 2006. They won the WWF Tag titles at Fully Loaded from Haas and Benjamin.

The Match: Spin kick by Charlie Haas to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Charlie Haas hits a stalling suplex on Basham. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Shelton Benjamin. Haas and Benjamin whip Basham into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Shelton Benjamin snap suplexes Basham HARD to the canvas! And again! A pair of clotheslines follow and...yep, Shelton is a HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Hooks the leg for a two count. Basham gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Shelton! Shelton Benjamin misses a clothesline. High Angle DDT by Doug Basham just SPIKES Shelton Benjamin down! Basham tags out to Danny Basham. BIG clothesline on Shelton. Danny hits a piledriver on Shelton Benjamin. That used to end matches, you know. Shelton counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Tag to Charlie Haas. Tiger bomb by Charlie Haas, which is nowhere near as cool as a botched Pedigree but gets the job done. Danny walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Back suplex on Danny. Danny powers out of a headlock. Danny hits a piledriver on Charlie Haas. That used to end matches, you know. Charlie Haas is all alone...Double DDT!! 1....2....3!

My Opinion: This match was awesome! Big moves, crisp psychology, just ended too soon. Another ten minutes would have added another star, but **** none-the-less.

Winners and STILL WWF Tag Team Champions: The Basham Brothers

Paul London makes his entrance to the ring. He grabs a mic.

London: All I have to say is this: I want Rhyno... right now! (he drops the mic and waits).

Cole: Paul London just called out the WWF Champion!

Tazz: But will he accept it.

Bill DeMott's music plays.

Cole: Apparently not. For all of his mouthing off, Rhyno is a bit of a coward.

Paul London vs Bill DeMott

The Match: London just WAFFLES DeMott with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! London hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Paul London hits a rolling kick on DeMott. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Bill DeMott reverses a hip toss. London takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Bill DeMott DDTs London, but it just looked terrible. Hooks the leg for a two count. Paul London reverses a hip toss. SUPER frankensteiner on DeMott, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. There's a two count on the pin. Tiger suplex on DeMott. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, Bloody Hell! Pin, but DeMott is out just before the three count. Bill DeMott powers out of a Paul London headlock. Paul London takes a right hand to the temple from DeMott. I bet those hurt more than Sgt. Slaughter's Noogies. Bill DeMott misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Flying elbow from Paul London connects. Paul London floors Bill DeMott...and climbs the turnbuckles. Through the air, London Calling! 1....2....3. Rhyno comes running down the aisle with a chair and into the ring! London turns...and is dropped by a vicious chair shot! Rhyno has left London down and bloodied.

My Opinion: These guys worked SO HARD...for a **1/2 rating.

Tazz: Another brilliant attack by Rhyno!

Cole: Brilliant? Rhyno attacked London once he had his back turned!

Tazz: It's a very effect strategy, Cole. It's well known that sneak attacks do more damage...

Cole: Oh, cut it out. Rhyno is just insecure from getting his ass handed to him by London last week, so he was too chicken to confront him head on!

Winner: Paul London

Styles and Hardy vs Rob Van Dam and Orlando Jordan

The Match: RVD hits a back kick, doubling Stylesover. AJ Styles takes a knee lift from RVD. *sigh* Running knee lifts always remind me of the late Curt Hennig. Covers for a quick two count. Tag between Rob Van Dam and Orlando Jordan. RVD \ Jordan whip Styles into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Covers for a quick two count. Orlando Jordan with a spinning neckbreaker on Styles. Jordan drops an elbow...but AJ Styles moves out of the way. Flying cross body off the top rope! There's a two count on the pin. Styles tags out to Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Big piledriver on Jordan. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Jordan tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Orlando Jordan reverses a hip toss. Orlando Jordan with a spinning neckbreaker on Hardy. Tag between Orlando Jordan and Rob Van Dam. Matt Hardy Version 1.0 gets hip tossed by RVD. Tag between Matt Hardy Version 1.0 and AJ Styles. Rob Van Dam arm drags Styles over and locks on an armbar. AJ Styles is in trouble. Five Star Slam! Low Ki slides into the ring out of nowhere! RVD takes a stiff punch to the face and falls to the canvas. The referee calls for the DQ as Low Ki continues to attack RVD. RVD \ Jordan are left down and out in the ring thanks to the attack of Styles, Hardy and Low Ki.

Cole: The trio of AJ Styles, Matt Hardy, and Low Ki has taken out two injured men!

Tazz: This has been a night of brilliant attacks!

Cole: But we have AJ Styles facing Rob Van Dam at Summerslam! That much is certain. The road to Summerslam continues next week.

Winners by DQ: Rob Van Dam and Orlando Jordan

WWF News and Rumors!

Smackdown scored a solid 6.04 rating this week, which was up from last week's low rating. Some officials believe the rise in the rating was due to the show being focused more on the storyline involving the Don Callis group, rather than the Mike Sanders Administration. Other officials believe the higher rating was from the buzz that last week created.

There was a feeling that Rhyno was overused on Smackdown in the backstage area. He appeared in many segments and was mentioned frequently.

WWF officials are liking the new tag team of AJ Styles and Matt Hardy. They feel the two work well as a team and really balance each other out well.

Velocity Spoilers!

Frankie Kazarian def Men's Teioh

Pepper Parks def JC Ice

Jamie Noble def Sonjay Dutt

Chuck Palumbo and Reno def Alex Arion and Jay Brisco

WWF Raw!

July 31, 2006

The pyro goes off and Jim Ross and Al Snow welcome us to another exciting episode of Raw. They announce that Raven and Christian have been given the week off, the office wants them to have a cooling off period. They do hype a match for Sunday Night Heat pitting Christian against Lance Storm.

Brian Kendrick, Shannon Moore, and Shane Helms vs Lodi, Ozzy Benton, and Johnny C.

Match Background: Helms and Moore are the reigning World Tag Team champions, and have been since 27 June 2006. This match is meant to be a hot opener and to pop the crowd. Johnny C has dropped the "Bad John" gimmick and is just going to work on getting over based on his in ring work.

The Match: Benton strikes away at Shannon Moore, not doing much damage at all. Ozzy Benton strikes Shannon Moore with a hard blow. Tag between Ozzy Benton and Lodi. Flying elbow from Lodi, grazing the target slightly. Flying elbow off the top rope by Lodi, getting as close to zero air as possible. There's a two count on the pin. Tag to Johnny C.. Lodi \ Johnny whip Shannon into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Johnny slams Shannon Moore down and motions to the crowd. Shannon Moore reverses a hip toss. Shannon uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Tag between Shannon Moore and Brian Kendrick. Johnny takes a flying neckbreaker from Brian Kendrick. Power drive elbow by Brian Kendrick. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Johnny takes a flying neckbreaker from Brian Kendrick. Tag to Shane Helms. Shane Helms connects with a back heel kick on Johnny and gets back up quickly. Flying elbow from Shane Helms connects. Johnny reverses a waistlock. Tag to Ozzy Benton. Helms takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Helms tags out to Shannon Moore. Shannon Moore connects with a back heel kick on Benton and gets back up quickly. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Benton is down! Shannon Moore moves in for the kill. Bottom's Up! 1....2....3.

Lodi lifts up Ozzy Benton and bawls as he hugs him.

Snow: Look at Lodi trying to console Ozzy Benton for the loss.

Benton gets a disgusted on his face and slams Lodi to the floor.

Ross: Something tells me Benton doesn't appreciate Lodi's sympathy.

Winners: Brian Kendrick, Shannon Moore, and Shane Helms

Simon Says

Simon Diamond makes his way to the ring, he does not have any fellow Evolution members with him. He takes a mic.

Simon: Last week's Raw was about the biggest travesty I have ever witnessed. The unfair treatment Evolution receieved at the hands of Shawn Michaels and his "New Rule" are disgusting. Who does he think he is? In one swift night, he brought back that traitorous bastard, Randy Orton, and suspended my tag team partner! Well, none of this is going to stand! We have worked too hard and have come too far to just have everything fall apart now! Just what am I supposed to do!

Suddenly HBK's music plays and out comes the new G.M. He has a mic and stays on the ramp.

HBK: Wah, wah, wah. Poor Simon! You act as if it's my fault that Ken Shamrock is suspended! I made it perfectly clear that interference in matches would no longer be tolerated and I did not force Shamrock to become involved in someone else's match.

Simon: Yeah, but you tricked us! How were we supposed to know you would bring out Randy freaking Orton!

HBK: Upset are we? Tell you what, Simon. I admire you. You are an arrogant asshole and you entertain me.

Simon: Thanks... I think. But flattery isn't going to make this better!

HBK: Now I try to be a fair GM, and you have a just complaint. You have lost your tag partner indefinitly due to suspension. Tell you what, I will drop the suspension on August 21, the day after Summerslam.

Simon: What?!? That long? What the hell am I supposed to do in the mean time?

HBK: Rise to the occasion, that's what. I have made a little match for you tonight. We are going to see Simon Diamond face Randy Orton in that very ring! And the winner will go on to face the World Heavyweight Champion at Summerslam!

Simon (shocked): Whoa... well, you're on!

Ross: My gawd! A number one contender's match tonight?

Snow: You know what this means if Simon wins tonight? We get two members of Evolution battling each other at Summerslam!

Ross: Don't count Orton out though! This is a huge development!

Hardcore Championship: Frank Shamrock © vs Austin Lee

Match Background: This will be a hardcore bout. This match is for the WWF Hardcore title. Frank Shamrock has been WWF Hardcore champion since 27 June 2006.

The Match: Lee takes a back suplex. Lee reverses a waistlock. Spinning back kick from Austin Lee. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Back heel kick off the second rope and Frank goes flying! Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Frank backdrops Austin Lee out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Frank Shamrock. Lee gets nailed with an old school NES to the head! There's better uses for that thing! Lee walks into a stiff sit-out jaw breaker. Covers for a quick two count. BURNING HAMMER~! from Frank Shamrock is executed with perfect brutally! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Lee counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Nasty looking superplex by Austin Lee on Frank through a table. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Frank reverses a waistlock. Frank Shamrock has Austin Lee down on the canvas. Cross Armlock!!! Austin Lee taps out! Austin Lee goes nuts, attacking the referee! DDT! The referee is out!

My Opinion: A ****1\2 rating for a great match. Keep on trucking...you'll get there.

Snow: That was a bloody mess!

Ross: Who could have expected such a blood-bath on Raw? Now that is hardcore!

Snow: Once again, Austin Lee is taking his frustration out on the referee!

Ross: That kid may be talented, but he's a no good degenerate!

Winner and STILL Hardcore Champion: Frank Shamrock

Shawn Makes Another Match!

HBK is walking through the backstage area when Chris Benoit bumps into him. The two stare each other down, not forgetting their Wrestlemania encounter just yet.

Benoit: You have a problem?

HBK: You tell me.

Benoit: I hear CM Punk couldn't be here tonight.

HBK: I ordered him to take the week off. You gave him quite a beating last week.

Benoit: Yes, it was fun. Not quite as much fun as the beating I gave you at Wrestlemania though.

HBK: Oh, I see how it is. I know you must still be sore after last week. CM Punk got some good licks in on you as well.

Benoit: Not really.

HBK: Oh good. In that case, why don't you defend your title again this week? Against CM Punk's good friend, Julio Dinero!

Benoit: It will be my pleasure.

HBK: Good... and be sure to remind your Evolution buddies what happens if they get involved in your match.

Benoit: What, they get to face Randy Orton? Ha, some punishment.

HBK: Laugh now... but he could very well take that title off your shoulders at Summerslam, should he play his cards right.

Benoit is silent for a moment.

HBK: Yeah, that's what I though.

Intercontinental Championship: Tommy Dreamer © vs Steve Corino

Match Background: This will be a submission bout. This match is for the WWF Intercontinental title. Tommy Dreamer has been WWF Intercontinental champion since 20 February 2006. Two weeks ago, Tommy Dreamer and Steve Corino got themselves disqualifed in a fight for the title. Last week, Dreamer got the win over Corino in a hardcore match. Corino demanded this match after he claimed the match stipulations to be unfair.

The Match: Corino takes a headbutt from Tommy Dreamer. Fallaway slam by Tommy Dreamer puts down Steve Corino. Running knee lift from Tommy Dreamer. Corino reverses a Tommy Dreamer hammerlock. Corino hits a piledriver on Tommy Dreamer. That used to end matches, you know. Dreamer backdrops Steve Corino out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Tommy Dreamer. Spear by Tommy Dreamer. Powerbomb on Corino. Corino blocks a punch. STIFF~! chop lights up Dreamer who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Dreamer powers out of a headlock. BAAACK Body drop by Corino gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Dreamer floors Steve Corino and locks in a STF! Corino submits to the pain! Steve Corino has a temper tantrum, kicking the ropes and punching the turnbuckles.

Ross: Look at that! Dreamer beat Corino at his own proposed match!

Snow: And look at Corino! He's livid!

Winner and STILL Intercontinental Champion: Tommy Dreamer

Evolution carries on.

The Coach is with Stevie Richards, Triple H, and Victoria.

Coach: With the New Rule and new GM in tow, what does this mean for Evolution?

HHH: It means nothing, Coach. Outside interference is not that big a deal, we are good enough to not need it. Shawn Michaels would be wise to watch his step though, we are not taking the temporary loss of Ken Shamrock too lightly.

Coach: How do you feel about the number one's contender match announced for tonight?

HHH: Simon Diamond will easily beat Randy Orton's punk ass tonight, and then I'm sure he will go on to have a very civil, sporty match with Chris Benoit at Summerslam for fun. Either way, the World Heavyweight Championship stays in Evolution. Make no mistake though, that championship will one day be around my waist once again. In the meantime, I'm going to make sure that son of a bitch, Randy Orton, stays out of my business.

Stevie: And one more thing. Shawn Michaels, when Victoria and I beat the hell out of Trish Stratus and Bubba Ray Dudley in tonight's mixed tag, you will grant Victoria her Women's Championship match at Summerslam! It is the right thing to do, and you damn well know it!

Victoria: YEAH! Otherwise, I will make you pay.

Coach: Are you sure threatening the new GM is the best way to go about this?

HHH gets in his face: Do YOU have any better ideas. (Coach is silent). That's right.

Bubba Ray Dudley and Trish Stratus vs Stevie Richards and Victoria

Match Background: Trish Stratus is the reigning WWF Womens champion, and has been since 27 June 2006.

The Match: BIG clothesline on Stevie. Spear by Trish Stratus. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Bubba Ray Dudley. Bubba \ Trish whip Stevie into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Running knee lift from Bubba Ray Dudley. Covers for a quick two count. Stevie gets slammed down hard and winces in pain. Stevie ducks a wild right hand. Spear! Bubba is down! Tag to Victoria. Victoria with a spinning neckbreaker on Bubba. Nice piledriver on Bubba. Bubba Ray Dudley once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Tag to Trish Stratus. Gutwrench into a powerbomb, aka the Doctor Bomb and Victoria hits hard. Spear! Victoria is down! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Trish scoops and slams Victoria. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Victoria elbows Trish Stratus in the face to break a hammerlock. Victoria hits a bulldog off the ropes. Trish Stratus slugs Victoria, sending her down into the corner. While Trish fires up the crowd, Victoria is removing the turnbuckle pad! Trish Stratus comes over...but Victoria grabs her by the tights and uses the leverage to slingshot Trish Stratus face first into the exposed steel turnbuckle! Victoria rolls up the stunned Trish Stratus: 1....2...3! How did the referee not see that? Victoria \ Stevie signal to each other...and they attack Trish \ Bubba! After an swift brawl, Trish and Bubba are left down in the ring.

Ross: By gawd, this is sickening. Evolution may be following the New Rule, but these post match beat downs are becoming rediculous.

Snow: Does this mean that Victoria is getting her Women's title match?

Ross: I'm getting word in my headset, that she is. Apparently Shawn Michaels wants Trish to have her chance for revenge.

Winners: Stevie Richards and Victoria

#1 Contendership: Randy Orton vs Simon Diamond

Match Background: HBK made this match earlier. Last week, Simon Diamond's tag partner was suspended after losing a match to Randy Orton.

The Match: Orton gets caught with a short powerbomb from Diamond. BRAINBUSTAH~! by Simon Diamond! Hooks the leg for a two count. Randy Orton reverses a hip toss. Diamond is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Randy Orton with a spinning neckbreaker on Diamond. Hooks the leg for a two count. Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Simon Diamond charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Orton walks into a drop toe hold. Reverse DDT on Orton. There's a two count on the pin. Wicked suplex out of the corner from Simon Diamond, is executed so well, it hurt MY back. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Simon Diamond snap suplexes Orton HARD to the canvas! And again! A pair of clotheslines follow and...yep, Diamond is a HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Simon Diamond gets up and gives a Belly to belly suplex to Diamond. Randy Orton reverses a hip toss. Simon Diamond charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Brutal sit out powerbomb on Diamond! The referee watches as the two wrestlers go to the outside and start brawling around ringside. He completes a ten count, and they are still outside, having ignored the count. This match is over via double count out. I don't think the fight has finished. Randy Orton and Diamond have begun brawling again! They wind up brawling all the way down the aisle and out of view.

My Opinion: Let me practice my math. 13 quarter stars equal a ***1\4 rating, right? Yeah, it does. That's what you get.

Snow: They have both been counted out? What does this mean?

Ross: We're going to have to wait and here what Shawn Michaels has to say about this.

Winner: No contest by double count-out.

Austin Lee is pissed!

The camera goes backstage where Austin Lee is yelling and throwing chairs and tables around! He is screaming that the entire lockerrom is out to get him. A bunch of referees run over to stop him, but he just lays them all out. Shawn Michaels runs in and delivers a fierce Sweet Chin Music to Lee.

Ross: It's about time someone did something about Austin Lee's violence streak.

Snow: That was a hell of a super kick! Makes me wonder how Lee is going to take this once he wakes up.

World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Benoit © vs Julio Dinero

Match Background: This match is for the World Heavyweight title. Chris Benoit has been World Heavyweight champion since 27 June 2006. Chris Benoit successfully defended his title last week against Julio's best friend, CM Punk.

The Match: Benoit slams Julio Dinero. Dinero kicks Chris Benoit in the gut to reverse the momentum. Julio Dinero connects with rights and lefts and Chris Benoit is down! Julio Dinero misses a clothesline...and takes out the referee accidentally! Powerbomb on Benoit. Cover, but there's no one to count for Julio Dinero! Dinero goes for a splash but Benoit puts the knees up. Running knee lift from Chris Benoit. Massive backbreaker on Dinero and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Hooks the leg for a two count. Wicked suplex out of the corner from Chris Benoit, is executed so well, it hurt MY back. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Julio Dinero pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Spear by Julio Dinero. Pin, but Benoit is out just before the three count. Dinero charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Chris Benoit has Julio Dinero down on the canvas and is ascending the corner. Off the top - Swandive Headbutt, forget about it. 1....2...3!

My Opinion: Good bout. In my estimation, it's about ***3/4.

Ross: Benoit does it again.

Snow: Yes, a very impressive title defense. You can't take anything away from Julio Dinero though, he wrestled a good match himself, especially with the very little warning he had.

Randy Orton appears on the ramp. He and Chris Benoit make eye contact as Benoit is celebrating in the ring. Benoit puts down his title and locks the Crossface onto Julio Dinero, who was still down on the map. Orton, looking concerned, makes his way down the ramp, when Simon Diamond runs in with a chair and floors Orton with it. Benoit then releases the hold, rolls out of the ring, and raises Diamond's arm in victory.

Ross: DAMN EVOLUTION! I hope their black souls burn in hell for what they have done tonight!

Snow: Doesn't seem there has been any love loss between Simon Diamond and Chris Benoit, but I guess they haven't heard what is coming through our headsets.

Ross: That's right, folks. Shawn Michaels has made a decision regarding the World Heavyweight Championship at Summerslam. It's going to be Chris Benoit defending against Simon Diamond and Randy Orton, in a triple threat match!

Meanwhile Benoit and Diamond are acting all buddy as they go up the ramp.

Snow: I wonder how much longer these good feelings between Benoit and Diamond last once they get the big news.

Ross: We'll be sure to find out next week!

Winner and STILL Heavyweight Champion: Chris Benoit

WWF News

Raw did a solid 5.98 rating this week.

Samoa Joe had a very good first month in OVW. Head OVW Booker Dean Malenko was very vocal in his praise of Joe's worth ethics and interest in improvement. Chris Chetti is continuing to do well, and could find himself on the main roster in the upcoming months.

Raven missed Raw this week because of a family situation that he had to attend to.

Blue Meanie had a good showing against Shashka Corbett on the Sunday Night Heat tapings. WWF might decide to call him up if he continues to progress well in OVW.

Heat Spoilers!

Christian def Lance Storm due to botched interference by Justin Credible

Shashka Corbett def The Blue Meanie

Molly Holly and Jazz def Lita and Taylor Matheny

Test def Anarchy

HUGE BREAKING NEWS: WWF BUYS OUT NWA-TNA!

On Tuesday, August 1st, the World Wrestling Federation bought out Total Nonstop Action, attaining the rights to all of their contracted workers and to their titles!

New workers under tentative open contract with the WWF are:

Ace Steel

Adam Hastey

B.G. James

BJ Whitmer

Buff Bagwell

Caprice Coleman

Chris Harris

Chris Hero

Chris Nowisnki

Danny Doring

Erik Watts

Francine

Glenn Gilberti

James Mitchell

James Storm

Jeff Jarrett

Jeremy Lopez

Johnny Kashmere

Kevin Nash

Mark Briscoe

Mike Rotundo

Mike Tobin

New Jack

Nidia

Norman Smiley

Rene Dupree

Rick Steiner

Rob Conway

Sandman

Seth Knight

Shane Douglas

Steve Bradley

Sting

Taiyo Kea

Terri Runnels

Tito Ortiz

Trent Acid

It is yet to be determined as to who will stay and sign written WWF contracts. Stay tuned for updates!

Hire La Parka and I'll let you pick this Saturday's In Depth Review match (has to be a Shawn Michaels: From the Vault match, though).

Hire La Parka and I'll let you pick this Saturday's In Depth Review match (has to be a Shawn Michaels: From the Vault match, though).

LoL. Okay, I'll see if La Parka is available.