TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Star Wars Episodes 4-6...

Well I got this from Scott Keith's Blog.

The Final Conflict

DVDOT1_kw.jpg

Jedi vs the Darkside

DVDOT3_kw.jpg

The Imperial Collection

DVDOT2_kw.jpg

Looks pretty swank. But it looks like Lucas has studied the comics industry in the 90's, because the variant collections are a blatant cash grab for the fans' money.

One thing I don't like is that they don't match episodes 1 and 2. I am all about things matching like that.

I'd like that as well, but if they want to distinguish the trilogies then that's not a bad idea either.

Guest El Satanico

The Final Conflict is my collection of choice, because of Vader being featured.

I'd rather see the two trilogies have different packaging. Besides, we don't know how the new trilogy will be packaged.

One thing I don't like is that they don't match episodes 1 and 2. I am all about things matching like that.

i'm guessin that after Episode 3 comes out, they're gonna make the matching trilogy for this

I like varients, simply because I like having a choice. I certainly wouldn't buy all three.

Neither would I, but we all know that there are some diehards who would have no qualms about ponying up for all of them, just to be completists...

From thedigitalbits.com:

First of all, we've spoken with those in the know (the right people, you'll have to trust us on this) and have learned that the Star Wars DVD box art that's been circulating around lately is "work in progress" ONLY stuff that should NEVER have leaked on the Net. These are apparently very early concepts - stuff that we weren't meant to see - and the final packaging is likely to be quite different. This kind of thing happens all the time - that a company working on marketing designs for packaging, or even poster or cover art, will do many, many different concepts as they hone in on the final design. So while these packages are sort of the real deal, they're really not if you get our meaning. Anyway, that's the unofficially official word - take it as you will. We will, of course, post the final box art as soon as it's released by Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox."

I doubt the final packaging will resemble the prototypes at all.

Edited by Grand Slam

They've probably made whatever site take them down. I know Lucasfilm is a little cranky about them being posted in the first place, as is the company they were stolen from.

Those are some of the best...

...red Xs I've ever seen!

Yup, those links are deader than Mae Young's vibrator. I would have liked to see them, too...

I hope you were talking about the trilogy and not the vibrator...