TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth

Gamespot:

EA is working on a real-time strategy game based on the Lord of the Rings films that will use the Command & Conquer: Generals game engine and will focus on campaigns from both the good and evil factions of the films.

918989_20040301_screen001.jpg

918989_20040301_screen002.jpg

918989_20040301_screen003.jpg

Yeah I saw this in last month's GameInformer previews and I started drooling. A LOTR game with a tweaked C&C: Generals engine is going to be sweet. Plus they said they refined the engine so well that it will be able to show almost 100 units at once on-screen! Apparently there's going to be like 5 different factions (Isengard, Rohan, Mordor, Gondor, and I THINK the dwarves are included), each of which has its own special ability. Looks and sounds badass.

Let's see if EA's fixed the problems with the Generals engine. (For one, the horrible multiplayer code, and the fact the Hard AI lags the computer terriibly, and even worse with the latest "patch").

Doubtful.

Money-grubbing motherfuckers.

Haha, all those human soldiers look the same, and while I know that's how RTS's are (big fan of War 3), would it kill them to make them not look like midgets? I really can't stop laughing at that.