TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karnage

The OAO Showdown: Legends of Wrestling Thread!

I was just thinking of something. Since Austin is no longer with WWE, that means they could put him in the next Legends of Wrestling game(if they make another). Which means we could have the Hollywood Blondes in a video game for the first time ever.

Guest slacklet
Which means we could have the Hollywood Blondes in a video game for the first time ever.

They were both in WCW: The Main Event for Game Boy.

I'm a dick, I know.

I just read over at GameFAQs that it scored a 4.4/10 from the new UK OXM that just came out. I do not know anything about the magazine, but let's be serious. That's pretty much the type of scores that we should have expected from this game.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I just read over at GameFAQs that it scored a 4.4/10 from the new UK OXM that just came out. I do not know anything about the magazine, but let's be serious. That's pretty much the type of scores that we should have expected from this game.

Actually, most of have been in the six to 8 range.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Playboy gave it 3 out of 4 bunnies and named it Game of the Month.

So there...

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Playstation 2 Max - 8/10

PSM - 72%

PSW - 6/10

OPSM - 6/10

OXM - 4.4/10

The scores so far.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Sounds fairly average... but are those just reviews for the PS2 version?

I believe so, yes.

Guest Coffey

Sounds bad. When sources notorious for ranking games high are saying this game is around average...that's bad.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Post some of the articles here so we can see what the gripes and shit are with the game.

Which means we could have the Hollywood Blondes in a video game for the first time ever.

They were both in WCW: The Main Event for Game Boy.

I'm a dick, I know.

Oh, I thought Austin was just in the game. Oh well.

Playstation 2 Max - 8/10

PSM - 72%

PSW - 6/10

OPSM - 6/10

OXM - 4.4/10

The scores so far.

Acclaim: Continuing their fine tradition of striving towards mediocrity harder than anyone else in the video game industry.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Sounds bad. When sources notorious for ranking games high are saying this game is around average...that's bad.

None of the reviews were written by wrestling fans... the UK ones in particular are harsh on the business itself.

None of the reviews were written by wrestling fans... the UK ones in particular are harsh on the business itself.

Well, that certainly has some effect, but what were the gripes?

U.K. magazines, except for maybe one Renegade likes, have generally been really shitty for well over a decade. They've treated Eidos like they were the greatest gaming company on earth in the UK gaming scene. =P

Well, that certainly has some effect, but what were the gripes?

U.K. magazines, except for maybe one Renegade likes, have generally been really shitty for well over a decade. They've treated Eidos like they were the greatest gaming company on earth in the UK gaming scene. =P

Go Tomb Raider 44!

gamingring.com treats the game as if it is a piece of gold.

At least thq and aki make decent games and continue on them.

WRONG!!!!!

1. THQ put out the games

2. AKI made them

3. the only game wrestling AKI has really made since No Mercy has been DEF JAM and cuase of the rappers thats not really a wrestilng game, thats why their ditching the wrestling concept for the next one.

4. THQ is not putting the games for Yukes, not AKI.

From what I've heard of the Xbox version, the graphics look like crap..and..surprise..no custom soundtracks. Meaning you can't change the entrance music for your wrestlers to something off the HD. Again.

Considering the feature was in LOW1..but was omitted in 2, and apparently 3..

Ugh. This is why I don't like these multiplatform games..as they're usually developed for the lowest system (Translation: PS2), and ported.

I'm not touching it.

From what I've heard of the Xbox version, the graphics look like crap..and..surprise..no custom soundtracks. Meaning you can't change the entrance music for your wrestlers to something off the HD. Again.

The back of the display box doesn't say there is custom soundtracks, but those aren't always correct.

I really hope come next week that they are in there, it sucks having all those knockoff themes.

Guest sean pyro
gamingring.com treats the game as if it is a piece of gold.

And so are the posters on GameFAQS who just a week ago where shitting on this title royalty.

There's a new video up on that wrestling game site, I think it looks awesome, changed just about everyone's view on this game.

3. the only game wrestling AKI has really made since No Mercy has been DEF JAM and cuase of the rappers thats not really a wrestilng game, thats why their ditching the wrestling concept for the next one.

Now you're wrong,

It's still going to be a wrestling game just like first; which was one of the best wrestling games I have ever played.

Now you're wrong,

It's still going to be a wrestling game just like first; which was one of the best wrestling games I have ever played.

Actually, you're wrong. The second installment will be a fighting game with several different fighting sytles - one of which is wrestling [the rest are: MMA, Submission style, street fighting and kickboxing].

See more info here: http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=52758

From what I'm hearing the only problem with the gameplay is the selling of moves.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

gamingring.com is backing this game up with a 9/10 review.

The WWF WrestleFest for the X-Box generation is what he's calling it.

Guest Real F'n Show

The game comes out tomorrow right? I might buy it, but I'll probably wait until it drops to $20.

www.gamingring.com officially reviewed the game. They gave it an overall rating of 9/10. I don't think the game comes out till the 24th according to it's official site.

Guest Real F'n Show
www.gamingring.com officially reviewed the game. They gave it an overall rating of 9/10. I don't think the game comes out till the 24th according to it's official site.

Do you think you could post the review? I'm too lazy to become a member...