TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karnage

The OAO Showdown: Legends of Wrestling Thread!

Guest MikeSC
Uhh does it freak anyone out that in one of those videos The Ultimate Warrior does a running plancha and they call Dusty Rhodes the Dynamite Kid?

I wouldn't be upset if the guys could do their signature spots.

No bionic elbow from Dusty? And what was that discus punch thing Warrior did ad nauseum?

-=Mike

...Also, if you slap on a figure four, would Kerry Von Erich's boot come off and he be allowed to escape the hold?

...Also, if you slap on a figure four, would Kerry Von Erich's boot come off and he be allowed to escape the hold?

. . . Dude, that is just not right.

Acclaim has just updated their site again and here is the next group of wrestlers officially added to the roster.

Bob Backlund

Koko B. Ware

Kevin Von Erich

The Road Warriors

Curt Hennig

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine

Capt. Lou Albano

Brian Pillman

One Man Gang

George "The Animal" Steele

Click here to check them out.

Acclaim has also released a teaser video. The movies look a lot better than the ones IGN put out. Click here to check the video out.

Uh, wasn't the LOW controls from the first 2 games total crap? If so, this game will be just as bad. I have stayed away from this series due to so many people telling me the controls were hard to use, and that SD... and before that No Mercy had much better controls.

They weren't that hard to learn, just more or less annoying, but onec you got the hang of it - it was alright. Nothing to write home about though.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

The gameplay of LOW 2 is about the same speed as HCTP. It's fun as hell with Multiplayer, because dueling reversals are a lot of fun.

Guest Coffey

Man, this game still looks like shit. I can't put my finger on the exact problem, but there's something...wrong with the player models. Not to mention, if you watch the videos, it's painfully apparent that the game will PLAY THE EXACT SAME which is anything but good...let alone fun.

We need player models that look good and walk around/move good. We need movesets for wrestlers that makes sense. Stick to your guns. It's a game about wrestling legends, that means you don't have to have Hurricaranas and swanton bombs. The biggest move in the game should be like Snuka's splash and Dynamites headbutt...that's about it. Don't need gimmick matches outside of the old cage. Who the fuck wrestled ladder matches in the 70's & 80's?

Focus on the gameplay. Focus on what you're trying to do...making it target fans of the older wrestlers. You can't pull in both demographics.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Man, this game still looks like shit. I can't put my finger on the exact problem, but there's something...wrong with the player models. Not to mention, if you watch the videos, it's painfully apparent that the game will PLAY THE EXACT SAME which is anything but good...let alone fun.

We need player models that look good and walk around/move good. We need movesets for wrestlers that makes sense. Stick to your guns. It's a game about wrestling legends, that means you don't have to have Hurricaranas and swanton bombs. The biggest move in the game should be like Snuka's splash and Dynamites headbutt...that's about it. Don't need gimmick matches outside of the old cage. Who the fuck wrestled ladder matches in the 70's & 80's?

Focus on the gameplay. Focus on what you're trying to do...making it target fans of the older wrestlers. You can't pull in both demographics.

There were Ladder Maqtches in the 80's. Plus, it's good for some variety.

Here's the question: Did they put custom entrance music back in for the Xbox version? The first game had it, but the fucking bastards took it out for the second.

(Sure, you can listen to custom soundtracks during matches, but it's not the same thing..)

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I loved the VAST array of reversals in the first two. The small package counter in particular was brilliant.

The animations are what really bother me about this game. Some of them look great, but most of them are the same recycled ones from the previous two. The wrestlers doing moves they never did also is annoying, not everyone can do a Senton off the top of the cage.

Also, while some models such as Curt Hennig and Bret Hart look excellent, others still look exactly like the LJN rubber action figure-like character models. See most of the big guys.

The game still has a lot of good things though. Like I just said, some of the newer animations such as reversals look excellent and just like in Fire Pro, the wrestlers have a chance to catch their breath. Let's hope that the retail version of the game plays well and fixes many of the problems.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Confirmed Roster, Names with a asterik (*) are new for this installment.

Names with a dollar sign ($) next to them are Superstar Billy Graham:

Abdullah the Butcher

Lou Albano

Andre the Giant

Tony Atlas

Bob Backlund

Bam Bam Bigelow

Baron Von Raschke

Big John Studd

Diamond Dallas Page *

Ted DiBiase

Jim Duggan

Dynamite Kid

Dory Funk Jr.

Terry Funk

Robert Gibson

Eddie Gilbert

"Superstar" Billy Graham $

Grand Wizard

Eddie Guerrero

Bret Hart

Jimmy Hart

Owen Hart

Bobby Heenan

Curt Hennig *

Hulk Hogan

Iron Shiek

Rocky Johnson

Andy Kaufman

King Kong Bundy

Brian Knobbs

Nikita Koloff *

Ivan Koloff

Koko B. Ware

Killer Kowalski

Jerry Lawler

Rick Martel

Mil Mascaras

Ricky Morton

Don Muraco

Mr. Fuji

One Man Gang

Paul Orndorff

Bob Orton

Brian Pillman

Roddy Piper

Ivan Putski

Harley Race

Road Warrior Animal

Road Warrior Hawk

Dusty Rhodes *

Jake Roberts *

Rick Rude *

Sabu

Jerry Sags

Bruno Sammartino

Randy Savage *

Tito Santana

The Shiek

Davey Boy Smith

Jimmy Snuka

Ricky Steamboat

George Steele

Rick Stiener

Scott Steiner

Sting *

Ultimate Warrior *

Greg Valentine

Sid Vicious

Nikolai Volkoff

Fritz Von Erich

Kerry Von Erich

Kevin Von Erich

Steve Williams

73 so far

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

You guys should checkout nlgaming.com and such. One site even has a fantasy fed as a way of showing off vids.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I just reserved this and I'm psyched. My fantasy fed will use it as it's engine of destruction, so you better believe I'm ready for it.

Guest Real F'n Show

So is the CAW for this game suppose to be loads better then? I know LOW 1's sucked balls. Will I actually be able to create a realistic looking Benoit w/moveset to take on the likes of Bret or the Dynamite Kid?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
LOW 1's CAL may not have been that great...but I remember creating a near-perfect Kurt Angle with it.

LOW 1's CAL required you to start with an existing Legend if you wanted a REALLY good CAL.

LOW 1's CAL may not have been that great...but I remember creating a near-perfect Kurt Angle with it.

LOW 1's CAL required you to start with an existing Legend if you wanted a REALLY good CAL.

Not really.

I made Kurt from scratch, pretty much.

The only thing pre-programmed I used was the Kurt and Angle names that were in the game already.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Not really.

I made Kurt from scratch, pretty much.

The only thing pre-programmed I used was the Kurt and Angle names that were in the game already.

No, you didn't understand.

You said CAL was bad, it wasn't. It required you to be smart in who you started with.

Guest slacklet
Acclaim's official site legendsshowdown.com which rarely updates, has just put up a new trailer on the site.

Gary Michael Capetta is the ring announcer.

Awesome.

If the X-Box version has custom soundtracks, I'm getting it.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Acclaim's official site legendsshowdown.com which rarely updates, has just put up a new trailer on the site.

Awesome.

Custom Soundtracks on X-Box has been confirmed.

Guest slacklet

Awesome.

Custom Soundtracks on X-Box has been confirmed.

Sweet.

I also just read that ESPN NFL 2005 supports custom soundtracks for in-stadium music.

I'm at a loss for words at how great that is.