TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Triple H *defends* steroid use in wrestling

HHH interview and will his nose be larger by Sunday

by Justin Transue

I was listening to ESPN Radio today and at about 530pm, on "The Sports Brothers", HHH came on. It was about a 10 minute interview and HHH contradicted himself a few times but he came across as mostly well spoken and very humble. I don't have a transcript but here are the key points he said:

*What is a wrestlers dream venue to perform in? What's the Yankee Stadium of pro wrestling? Hunter said it was the Garden in Manhattan and that even for house shows they go out and give them PPV performances because it's home.

*In light of the recent steroid scandal in baseball, does HHH (he asked to just be called "Hunter) think wrestling has a steroid problem? He can't speak for every worker in the country buit overall no. He notes that other sports have athletes getting taller and heavier and more cut but in pro wrestling it's considerably gone down from 20 years ago. They ask Hunter if he's ever used steroids and Hunter answered yes, perscribed by a doctor for his torn quad but never recreationally, only under perscription.

*They ask him about his bodybuilding and Hunter denies being a real bodybuilder and says he only has ever competed in Mr New Hampshire as a teenager but he is definitely a fan and amazed by the professionals, and also tries to attend Mr Olympia every year.

*They bring up steroids in wrestling again and Hunter says wrestling isn't just an appearance business, you need a full package of story telling, athleticism, showmanship, charisma, a good look, etc. Hunter thinks "steroids get a bad rap... it's not like it's heroin". He says that he doesn't believe steroids are that bad and if enhancing performance is a bad thing then athletes shouldn't be allowed to train or do cardio or lift weights because all of those enhance performance (wow).

*"What's one thing about Vince McMahon, a man I find entirely fascinating, honestly, that I don't already know?" Hunter says it's that Vince isn't the type to say "it's my way or the high way" and isn't a power monger. He says he listens to all his talent and writers and the rest of his staff and has to juggle them all to try andmake everyone happy and funnel all of their work into the best it can be.

*They ask about drug addictions in wrestling and Hunter says there definitely are some out there but under the WWE Vince pays out of his own pocket to send them to rehab and set them straight. He cites William Regal and Eddy Guerrero situations as examples and really puts over Guerrero as a great man and supremely talented and now successful as WWE Champion.

I may have forgotten a question or topic but I'm pretty sure that was the whole thing. Seems a little long to have been 10 minutes so it was probably actually 15. Was a good interview.

Justin Transue

credit: Dave Meltzer/WrestlingObserver.com

Guest Salacious Crumb

Wow, that's a really really stupid comment. Maybe this guy should talk to some of the families of guys who've died from the roids or look around in the industry to see the effect of roids. Or maybe talk to a fucking doctor.

Wow, that's a really really stupid comment. Maybe this guy should talk to some of the families of guys who've died from the roids or look around in the industry to see the effect of roids. Or maybe talk to a fucking doctor.

Or maybe just not talk at all.

Guest Trivia247

Steroids won't hurt you hunter...till you start developing pimples on your back and Steph starts eying John Cena because you lose your sex drive.

Guest IB2BLACK
Maybe this guy should talk to some of the families of guys who've died from the roids

What athlete has actually died from steroids?

Guest Anglesault

People have died from diseases or complications from roids.

Before you jump up and down screaming about how it's not the same thing, cigarettes don't actually kill anyone by themselves anyway.

Maybe this guy should talk to some of the families of guys who've died from the roids

:huh: ....wow

Guest Trivia247
People have died from diseases or complications from roids.

Before you jump up and down screaming about how it's not the same thing, cigarettes don't actually kill anyone by themselves anyway.

If the roids don't phyiscally do it themselves the affects they cause would result in death if someone is also stupid on them.

Roid rage

Guest Corino 1000

Well that man on your icon did steriods and he looks twenty years older then he really is.

Guest Mulatto Heat

I remember when AS once accused you of being Vince McMahon in disguise.

This doesn't exactly contradict that accusation.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Most heart attacks that athletes/wrestlers die from are a result of steroid abuse.

Ever wonder why Billy Graham was a cripple so early in his life?

Lyle Alzado's death was widely attributed to steroid abuse, for one.

Lyle Alzado's death was widely attributed to steroid abuse, for one.

Yep, Alzado's cancer was the big thing that brought steroids onto the stage. His doctor stated that Alzado's brain cancer was specifically an effect from his years of steroid abuse.

"*"What's one thing about Vince McMahon, a man I find entirely fascinating, honestly, that I don't already know?" Hunter says it's that Vince isn't the type to say "it's my way or the high way" and isn't a power monger. He says he listens to all his talent and writers and the rest of his staff and has to juggle them all to try andmake everyone happy and funnel all of their work into the best it can be."

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!

Wow!

And on the comment that steroid don't kill people...

Steroids increase muscle mass, the heart is a muscle and while taking steroids your heart feels the same effects as say your biceps would. The excess size and work is not meant for your heart and thats why alot of wrestlers have died of heart problems. Look at Davey Boy Smith for instance, one day his heart just gave out because of the years of torture steroids put on it.

So, we can now safely say that HHH has taken Steroids.

Even if it was the "prescribed by a doctor" kind.

I wonder how many prescriptions he had filled while he was rehabing that quad, or better yet maybe he's still "rehabing" his quad now.