TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Superstring

Brock Lesnars

Brock Lesnar still has another five years left on his WWE contract which has put WWE in the power position in terms of negotiating his release. Brock parted ways with super agent Barry Bloom after Bloom got him his original WWE contract. It seems likely right now that WWE will not allow him to work for any other pro-wrestling or shoot fight company for the next five years. WWE is expecting Brock to return if he is unable to land a job in the NFL. Despite what some think, Lesnar is not financially set for life. He is very young and spent money freely during the last year or so on expensive cars and other "toys."

At this point, these appear to be the nine reasons why Brock Lesnar left WWE:

1. His travel schedule. Brock has always been a farm boy and he could not handle the hectic schedule, waking up in hotel rooms everyday, etc.

2. He didn't love pro-wrestling. Brock got into wrestling for the money. He actually hated pro-wrestling when he was a standout amateur wrestler.

3. Right or wrong, he really feels he can make it to the NFL. Brock misses being involved in a "real sport."

4. He thought WWE did not appreciate him enough. Brock was not happy with how he was being booked and that he had to drop the WWE Title to a "little guy" like Eddie Guerrero. He wanted a long title reign. Having to work matches against Bob Holly in South Africa made him feel even more demoted.

5. His personal life. Brock is currently living with his young child and the child's mother, while dating Sable. His personal life has added a lot of stress and anxiety.

6. He was embarrassed that walk up ticket sales to WWE house shows went up after he dropped the WWE Title to Eddie Guerrero.

7. He did not want to feud with the Undertaker. 'Taker had been telling people that he would "set Brock straight" and humble him if he didn't show veterans respect.

8. He did not want to end up with serious injuries or be a cripple. He did not like that wrestling had no off season where he could rest his body.

9. He had nothing left to prove. He had already reached the top of the wrestling industry and thought the only place he would go now is down, then back up to where he had already been. He wanted a new challenge.

Credit: Torch Newsletter

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Fuck Lesnar. Sorry for lack of discussion but....fuck him. He wanted to take his ball and go home, let home. I never liked him anyway.

9. He had nothing left to prove. He had already reached the top of the wrestling industry and thought the only place he would go now is down, then back up to where he had already been. He wanted a new challenge.

So.......who will now be the first person to enter this thread and STILL defend the idea that Brock wasn't pushed too hard too fast? He had nothing to work for - besides you know, the love of the sport and all - and was handed the Heavyweight title on a silver platter despite his total inexperience and lack of overness at the time.

But no, of course he wasn't pushed too quickly......

Guest Mulatto Heat

#2 and #3 are THE reasons why I just can't see it from Brock's perspective. It is perfectly all right if deep down he feels that pro wresting isn't a "real sport", but he's going on radio talk shows saying that it's fake and he hates it for that. He WILL be crawling back to Vince sooner or later, and if I were Vince I'd be pretty upset that the one person who was supposed to carry the company for the next 5 years or so is publicly dismissing the industry as 'not real'. He may not think that it is 'real' but the injuries are definitely real. He even acknowledges the injuries as a reason for quitting. So the sport isn't real despite the crippling bumps?

As for the other points:

How long of a reign did he want? His reigns lasted roughly 3, 4 and 5 months respectively. If they were one-month specials he'd have a case. He's a fool for not saving his money. This principle applies to anyone - especially one being paid so much. He also has only himself to blame for his personal life, sorry to say. Much of the other stuff is big ego junk (like the ticket sales one), which goes hand-in-hand with people kowtowing to you since you were in high school. Sorry for not sympathizing, Brock.

Of course, this is from the Torch, so the required grain of salt is being taken.

4. He thought WWE did not appreciate him enough. Brock was not happy with how he was being booked

Well, the whole Bob Holly thing of course I agree,

and that he had to drop the WWE Title to a "little guy" like Eddie Guerrero.

...I've got nothing.

He wanted a long title reign.

6 months wasn't long enough? Oh lord, we're going back to the 70s.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I never liked him anyway.

Of course you didn't.

Find 1 thread where I praised Brock in anyway and I'll give you a hundred dollars.

Of course you didn't.

Find 1 thread where I praised Brock in anyway and I'll give you a hundred dollars.

I'm sure I could, but I'm afraid I have my funeral to arrange and these things can't keep.

'Taker had been telling people that he would "set Brock straight" and humble him if he didn't show veterans respect.

Pfft, whateva, Taker.

Anyway, I may not agree with all of Brock's opinions, but he's a grown man, I don't hold it against him.

He could've given a bit more notice, but otherwise I've no problem with Brock calling it a day. He's a young man in his prime health wise, if he's not happy with his choice in career then he's doing the smart thing by looking for a new one before he's just another broken down old man like half of the current roster.

He could've given a bit more notice, but otherwise I've no problem with Brock calling it a day. He's a young man in his prime health wise, if he's not happy with his choice in career then he's doing the smart thing by looking for a new one before he's just another broken down old man like half of the current roster.

......well, besides the fact he's screwing over a company that's invested so much into him, sorely needs him at this time, and has made him a star to wrestling fans all over the world.

The fact that he:

a) hated pro wrestling

b) was doing it for the money and not for the other athletes (yes, athletes) in the business, OR the business itself, OR the fans...

...makes me wonder just what the fuck Vince was thinking when he said "yeah, push that guy!"

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I can't believe I'm saying this but....I want Goldberg back.

Ok I know I have defended Brock for leaving but after reading that I got this to say......FUCK LESNAR!!! F"n asshole.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Will Rock cut a "Get the F out" promo on Brock? That would make my day...

Okay, so from aside the Guerrero part, I'm still sticking up for Brock. Don't hate him for the push he got, that's Vince's fault.

Will Rock cut a "Get the F out" promo on Brock? That would make my day...

Austin could do it.

Oh, sweet merciful Jesus, the irony...

Guest Ram

Of course you didn't.

You neglected to say he didn't get over until HOGAN, ROCK AND UNDERTAKER put him over clean between August and October.

But yeah, I'll agree, Brock at first had no heat, had a few good matches, and sucked on the mic. I still don't think Brock disserved such a "God push" but at least it added freshness and he has gotten better in 2003.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...dpost&p=1188104

You can paypal that 100 dollars to me.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Okay, so from aside the Guerrero part, I'm still sticking up for Brock. Don't hate him for the push he got, that's Vince's fault.

I don't hate him for that. I hate his ego and attitude.

Why should I cheer for a guy who thinks what I like is ridiculous?

I thought Brock was developing a great character, and I was really looking forward to watching him in the future. His reasons for leaving are his own, and all I can say is that I'll miss seeing him perform.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Of course you didn't.

You neglected to say he didn't get over until HOGAN, ROCK AND UNDERTAKER put him over clean between August and October.

But yeah, I'll agree, Brock at first had no heat, had a few good matches, and sucked on the mic. I still don't think Brock disserved such a "God push" but at least it added freshness and he has gotten better in 2003.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...dpost&p=1188104

You can paypal that 100 dollars to me.

.....::runs::

Me and my big....letter typing fingers!

Guest Dids
I thought Brock was developing a great character, and I was really looking forward to watching him in the future. His reasons for leaving are his own, and all I can say is that I'll miss seeing him perform.

Co-signed.

If the guy wasn't enjoying it any more and wanted to do something else, who are any of you to talk shit about him. Should he continue to be unhappy just because you like watching him wrestle?

All of you "Fuck You Brock" folks sound like really spoiled little children.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I thought Brock was developing a great character, and I was really looking forward to watching him in the future.  His reasons for leaving are his own, and all I can say is that I'll miss seeing him perform.

Co-signed.

If the guy wasn't enjoying it any more and wanted to do something else, who are any of you to talk shit about him. Should he continue to be unhappy just because you like watching him wrestle?

All of you "Fuck You Brock" folks sound like really spoiled little children.

I'd do the pot/kettle/black joke but it's been beaten into the ground.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Who is Brock to talk shit about the business that made him?

"Spoiled little children" - sounds like Brock himself.

I will admit that I have a little bias towards Brock because he could put on great matches. I said before all this broke out that he would be the best wrestler in WWE in a year or 2. It dissapoints me that I won't be able to see a rematch between him and Guerrero or my dream match of him and Benoit in a 35 minute PPV match.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Who is Brock to talk shit about the business that made him?

"Spoiled little children" - sounds like Brock himself.

Thanks for making the joke for me. :lol: