TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Wondering how to copy a tape.

Hey, I taped Raw last night and would like to copy the HHH-Eddie match exclusively to another tape, to start my own tape of good TV matches. I assume in doing this, Id have to hook two VCRs to a TV and then have one playing the match while the other records, but I have no idea, really. Could someone enlighten me on how I could do this? Thanks.

VCR #1 you will play the tape in. You get RCA cables and plug them into audio out and video out on VCR #1.

Vcr #2 you will record on. You connect the other half of the RCA cables into the Audio in and Video in.

On VCR #2 you have it on an Aux channel. Some vcrs its either L1 or L2. Some vcrs you just put in channel 00 (zero, zero).

To watch what you are doing, you run a cable from VCR#2's Out To TV connection and run that to your tv. Simple as that.

My understanding is they are. And to take it a step further, when I see the bigtime tape traders talking about RCA cables, they are talking big monster gold plated top of the line ones. I stick to the $10 cables myself, but being that these guys have used almost every product and have been doing it for years they are more the expert than I. The ones that come with your vcr are fine (red, yellow, white). The ones I don't recommend are the single cable connections that also come with the vcr. Its fine to connect your vcr to your tv that way, but I have often had dubbing problems using them to make copies.

Guest wildpegasus

Or you can buy a Go Video VCR. It's a lot easier and you don't lose as much picture quality from generation to generation (copy to copy) You can even date stuff on your tapes.

I know this may end up making me look like a moron, but what's a Go Video VCR?

This is a Go Video Duel Deck VCR.

B000068BRM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I own one and I think it's great. (Though mine is all black, not silver/grey in the one corner.)

It's takes the hassle out of making a copy.

My understanding is they are.  And to take it a step further, when I see the bigtime tape traders talking about RCA cables, they are talking big monster gold plated top of the line ones.  I stick to the $10 cables myself, but being that these guys have used almost every product and have been doing it for years they are more the expert than I.  The ones that come with your vcr are fine (red, yellow, white).  The ones I don't recommend are the single cable connections that also come with the vcr.  Its fine to connect your vcr to your tv that way, but I have often had dubbing problems using them to make copies.

RCA cables are the red, white and yellow cords. It's just the common name for it. Truth is THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CABLES. Only differences are Component > SVIDEO > Composite (RCA) Jesus christ.

I own one and I think it's great. (Though mine is all black, not silver/grey in the one corner.)

I've heard from some that the Go vcr's work against copyright protected tapes like the WWF tapes from the late 80's early 90's. Not sure if its all models or not though.

I've also heard that they eventually one of the two sides eventually breaks down, so if you are spending a lot of cash to buy one you may consider just getting a good $100 Sony vcr instead because they are more easily replaceable.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Aren't those things huge? I am only asking because I have no room for the equipment I already have and I've been thinking about getting one........

Guest wildpegasus

Aren't those things huge? I am only asking because I have no room for the equipment I already have and I've been thinking about getting one........

The one I have is huge. I have seen models that aren't as long but make up for it in heigth. My VCR still plays tapes but I can't copy anymore as right now the video only copies but not the audio. Than again, my VCR went through some very rough treatment.

One other thing. GO VIDEO VCRS HAVE A "MINOR" STATIC NOISE ON THINGS THAT ARE TAPED IN LP. I don't if that rings true for all models but I think it does.

Guest Dynamite Kido

The one I have is huge. I have seen models that aren't as long but make up for it in heigth. My VCR still plays tapes but I can't copy anymore as right now the video only copies but not the audio. Than again, my VCR went through some very rough treatment.

One other thing. GO VIDEO VCRS HAVE A "MINOR" STATIC NOISE ON THINGS THAT ARE TAPED IN LP. I don't if that rings true for all models but I think it does.

Are their any other "problems" with the these???

Guest theoldxpac

I've heard from some that the Go vcr's work against copyright protected tapes like the WWF tapes from the late 80's early 90's. Not sure if its all models or not though.

I've also heard that they eventually one of the two sides eventually breaks down, so if you are spending a lot of cash to buy one you may consider just getting a good $100 Sony vcr instead because they are more easily replaceable.

Thats a good point.

Guest wildpegasus

Are their any other "problems" with the these???

No, I haven't had any other problems. My VCR lasted an okay-good while but it had a few accidents so I don't know how long it truly would've lasted. I'd stepped on the cord that you plug in the wall and it had become loose. This affected the VCR's playback/copy ability. I'd have to jiggle around with it to get it working right which probably hurt it in the long run. As of right now I still use it to play tapes in the 1st deck. I also should mention that I used my VCR an awful lot so it would've had a good amount of wear and tear on it.

On good thing about the VCR is the habit of having two tapes in the VCR and just switching back and forth between them. It spoils you and you don't want to go back to a normal VCR where you can just watch one tape at a time.

You can dub different audio onto video which is pretty cool.

It's also really nice that you can date any wrestling match on your tapes.

It's VERY EASY to copy stuff. You won't want to go back and hook up two VCRs ever again.

By the way my my model is DDV9150

As for the "uncopyable" tapes I had no problem copying anything and I believe some of the tapes that I copied were protected. I should mention (although it's rare) some tapes are supposed to have some kind of "virus" (don't know the word for it) so when you copy them it injures your VCR. I even have a tape that warns me of it on the front cover. I never did have the guts to check it out. :)

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
If you dubbed any late 1987-all of 1988 CVs, then it beat the mighty copy protection.

I failed the test of copying my Coliseum Video version of Wrestlemania IV :(

If you dubbed any late 1987-all of 1988 CVs, then it beat the mighty copy protection.

As did I when I gleefully thought copying Macho Madness would be no trouble at all. I can't even dub my George "The Animal" Steele tape, dammit!

Guest theoldxpac

Lol, you wonder why they'd actually bother putting copyright protection on a george steele video.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

As did I when I gleefully thought copying Macho Madness would be no trouble at all. I can't even dub my George "The Animal" Steele tape, dammit!

Who would want a GEORGE STEELE Coliseum Video?! (backs away slowly)

Who would want a GEORGE STEELE Coliseum Video?! (backs away slowly)

I have a waiting list a mile long, I tellya.

Does anyone know how to beat the copyright protection on the WWE DVD's? I've tried to copy a couple of matches off of WMX8 as well as a No Mercy DVD, and I can't.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I am currently looking for a George Steele Coliseum Home Video if anyone could help me out...... :D

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I am currently looking for a George Steele Coliseum Home Video if anyone could help me out...... :D

Actually, I wrote a review for it a while back.

I can think of three terrible Coliseum Videos for a wrestler. The Ken Patera Story, HYacksaw Jim Duggan, and George The Animal Steele. Thank God there isn't a Junkyard Dog one. (shivers)

And I'd actually want a 10 volume set of Koko B. Ware :lol:

I can think of three terrible Coliseum Videos for a wrestler. The Ken Patera Story, HYacksaw Jim Duggan, and George The Animal Steele. Thank God there isn't a Junkyard Dog one. (shivers)

There was actually SUPPOSED to be a JYD video but it was scrapped in favor of a video dedicated to . . . . . . The Hart Foundation!!! I think we got the better end of the deal on that one.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

There was actually SUPPOSED to be a JYD video but it was scrapped in favor of a video dedicated to . . . . . . The Hart Foundation!!! I think we got the better end of the deal on that one.

Anything would've been better than JYD Tape. I would've bought a best of the Natural Butch Reed instead.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Wish I could help you but I only have the 10 volume set of The Best of Koko B Ware.

How about you send me that 10 volume Koko set....I got a 12 Volume best of Shane McMahon:Squashing the Competition DVD set if your interested.....