TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

The Greatest Video Packages Of All Time

Recently, the following come to mind:

Shawn Michaels VS Chris Jericho (WrestleMania XIX) - *****

Triple H VS Booker T for the World Heavyweight Championship (WrestleMania XIX) - ****1/4

Triple H VS Shawn Michaels VS Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Championship (WrestleMania XX) - ****3/4

Shawn Michaels VS Triple H in an Unsanctioned Street Fight (SummerSlam 2002) - *****

There are plenty more, older ones, more recent ones.

On WWE Desire videos, official or not, I've seen some fantastic ones for Steve Austin, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Brock Lesnar (the actual video lay-out was horrible), Jeff Hardy, The Hardy Boyz, and more.

Video packages are an integral part of professional wrestling toying with the emotions.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Austin/Rock II Wrestlemania 17: That video package is awesome. It set the standards for the ones after to follow. After you saw that package, you knew it was going to be a great match, but you didn't expect how great it would be.

Nothing tops the WWF History package they showed before the nWo invaded, with Lonely Road of Faith in the background. I watch that whenever I get fed up with the WWE, and it shuts me up quick smart. Awesome stuff.

Nothing tops the WWF History package they showed before the nWo invaded, with Lonely Road of Faith in the background. I watch that whenever I get fed up with the WWE, and it shuts me up quick smart. Awesome stuff.

It is awesome.

I also have a downloaded video package from KaZaA Media Desktop entitled 'Mixed Roster' by someone. More recent stuff, with Creed's 'My Sacrifice' as the music. Even though I hate the band, it's a great, fitting song.

My favs are Bret/Taker at Slam97("If life was fair...") and Sting/Hogan from Cade97(Sting walking through glas while the screen writes about "The Ruin of an Empire").

Not counting build up videos the Lonely Road of Faith desire is by far my favorite.

Guest ian.

I personally like the one for the Iron Man Match at Wrestlemania 12...the video package was better than the actual match. The song they used went along great with it.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Bret/HBK ones from SS97 rule. Especially after you already know how the match will end up.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Can you send it to me if you have it downloaded?

Guest Coffey

-iB- why do you always put Wrestlemania in bold? Goddamn, that's annoying. Stop it!

To stay on topic, a like the majority of the "My Sacrifice" videos. Especially "Stone Cold's," & "The Undertaker's."

My favorite however, is the Lonely Road of Faith video.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

The opening video montage for No Way Out 2000, with Cactus Jack talking about how his supposed dream has turned into a nightmare but that it's his nightmare and he will decide when he wakes up is just great stuff.

Of the ones that haven't been mentioned yet, I'd count Royal Rumble 2000's package for the Cactus/HHH match, not the one at the top of the show, but the one before the match. Hearing Foley say "I think you know the guy... HIS NAME... IS CACTUS JACK!!!!" and the crowd EXPLODING is just too good.

To stay on topic, a like the majority of the "My Sacrifice" videos. Especially "Stone Cold's," & "The Undertaker's."

My favorite however, is the Lonely Road of Faith video.

Same.

I also liked that IC Title one they had when it merged with the World Title.

Of the ones that haven't been mentioned yet, I'd count Royal Rumble 2000's package for the Cactus/HHH match, not the one at the top of the show, but the one before the match. Hearing Foley say "I think you know the guy... HIS NAME... IS CACTUS JACK!!!!" and the crowd EXPLODING is just too good.

I was just going to mention that.

That still gives me chills, to this day.

I'll repost my quote from the other thread:

1.) Austin / Undertaker from SS 98 - The Highway To Hell build-up music video, still one of the best damn video packages the WWE ever made.

2.) Hart / Michaels from WM XII - I loved the look on both guy's lives and how much they HAD to win the match.

3.) Austin / Rock from WXVII - Not only just the video itself, but when they had their pre-fight interview with both of them next to each other. Austin saying he had to have that belt back with Rock saying he would give Austin everything he had in him (the Rock).

4.) Austin / Helmsley from NWO 2001 - The video was awesome. Also considering how long the feud was going during that time.

5.) Undertaker / Lesnar from Unforgiven - I loved the look back on Taker's career and then the look back on Lesnar's growing up in particular. Along with "Adrenaline" used, it was perfect.

I don't know if this counts, but a Chris Jericho only video with"King Of The World" by Saliva playing in the backround is pretty cool. Download it for those who haven't seen it. But on feuds, i'd have to go with Rock and Austin from WM X7. The "My Way" song just went with it very well.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Did this topic REALLY warrant TWO THREADS about it? And "Of All Time" means older than 5 years, and doesn't say WWE only, so if this WAS to be started a second time, it would be general wrestling.

I don't remember which PPV it was, but it had words throughout the opening that said "Know gold, know power...No gold, no power."

Armageddon 1999 was badass, Vince vs. HHH. "My life....my life....my title...my daughter..." Things in each of their lives that mirrored one another.

It actually may have been the same one.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Kurt Angle's Clocks video was probably the most amazing video and influencial video that I've seen, and that's asyaing something.

That one was AWESOME

Guest Coffey
Kurt Angle's Clocks video was probably the most amazing video and influencial video that I've seen, and that's asyaing something.

Damn, I forgot about that one. That was damn good.

I'm a big fan of the 2001 Summerslam video package for Steve Austin/ Kurt Angle. I still get goosebumps from that one, great synching with the music.

Guest JRE

The Mania of Wrestlemania is one damn good hour long video package.

Finally got around to watching it just now...damn, gave me chills and made WMXIX move up a hell of a lot on my personal "Best Wrestlemania" list. Well...I was there, so it was already really high...but...you know.

Besides that- Austin/Rock at WMX7 was amazing. The Michaels/HHH video for Summerslam was great (complete with the "I will fight you" theme song), Lonely Road of Faith, many more

Oh, and lots of stuff from Invasion. The opening video and the video for the Inaugaral Brawl come to mind.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

This sounds markish, but UT/Kane from WM XIV was pretty cool.

Of course, I marked for both Taker & Kane, so I'm bias.

I tell you, the WWF put together some great video packages in 96-97, and even in early 98. (Unforgiven and Over the Edge are really good.) The Summerslam 1997 one that someone mentioned already ("If life was fair") is hands down one of the best ever. Wrestlemania 13 rocks as well, and it's better than anything on the actual card except for Austin/Hart. :)

This sounds markish, but UT/Kane from WM XIV was pretty cool.

Of course, I marked for both Taker & Kane, so I'm bias.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but I agree. The cartoonish/sports entertainment side of me likes it. :)

"Now this story must be told!"

Guest Vitamin X

I started to like the Clocks song only after the Kurt Angle video. When a video package has that much influence over me, it's fucking awesome.

- The "Austin gets Fired as GM" package was great. I *love* the stock music in that (They used it for the WM's greatest matches special for the beginning of Bret v.s. HBK)

- WM 12 Ironman promos

- Summerslam 2000 replay promo with the highlights of the first TLC + the huge Shane bump + Kane getting unmasked + Angle kissing Steph. Awesome highlights.

- Any ECW "November Rain" package

- WWE History "Lonely Road of Faith" package

-----------------------

Net Videos:

Puroresu Tribute to "Dream On" by Aerosmith

Nick Mondo tribute video

Both those rival any WWE video packages.