TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Good/bad vignettes

Can you think of any that come to mind?

I just saw a Smoking Gunns vignette the other day from 1993, right before they debuted. It shows them pulling out guns, and then closeups on their hands as they rattle off shots and do gun tricks, then pull back again to show Billy and Bart.

AWFUL vignette.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Razor Ramon's were hilarious. Also, the Mankind ones are classic.....

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

How could anyone forget they awesome "Stalker" vignettes when Barry Windham returned in 1996?

I swear, Vince HAD TO BE PISSED at him. After the mid 80s run, he comes back in 1989 as "The Widow Maker", leaves in like a month, comes back in 1996 as "The Stalker", turns into "Blackjack Windham" and then was one of the top guys in the NWA stable.

Guest Dynamite Kido
How could anyone forget they awesome "Stalker" vignettes when Barry Windham returned in 1996?

I swear, Vince HAD TO BE PISSED at him. After the mid 80s run, he comes back in 1989 as "The Widow Maker", leaves in like a month, comes back in 1996 as "The Stalker", turns into "Blackjack Windham" and then was one of the top guys in the NWA stable.

Yep. Vince sure was pissed at him for walking out on the WWF in 85. read this to find out why.....

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Yep. Vince sure was pissed at him for walking out on the WWF in 85. read this to find out why.....

Yeesh. Vince really can be a prick about that kind of thing...

No, I'm not surprised either.

One thing learned: Wrestling a dark match vs. Bradshaw is punishment. Now everyone can sleep easy knowing he will main event Judgment Day.

I liked Val Venis' debut promos.

I always liked Goldust's promo vingettes too. How the gold glitter used to blow away and highlight his name and everything.

Mankind's debut promos with he and the rat, and the piano and all that stuff.

I liked Dean Douglas' stuff as well.

Mr Perfect's and Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase's were my favorite of all time. Not much explanation needed.

Also, the one that blew my fucking mind back when there was no internet was Bobby Heenan showing up with Flair's gold belt. The second I saw that belt in Bobby's hands I creamed my pants and was not disappointed one bit for the next year and a half.

Worst that come to mind are Outback Jack doing who knows what in the Australian Outback.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Mr Perfect's and Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase's were my favorite of all time. Not much explanation needed.

Also, the one that blew my fucking mind back when there was no internet was Bobby Heenan showing up with Flair's gold belt. The second I saw that belt in Bobby's hands I creamed my pants and was not disappointed one bit for the next year and a half.

Worst that come to mind are Outback Jack doing who knows what in the Australian Outback.

I just watched one of Hennig's where he was playing table tennis. Perfect so ruled.

I noticed something though: On an episode of Superstars in October '89, his theme music isn't the one I'm use to that he used from 1990-on in his WWF career. Sounded like some kind of Western movie theme.

I dunno how I forgot the Perfect vingettes. I can't tell you how many times I tried to throw a long bomb to myself after seeing his football one.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I dunno how I forgot the Perfect vingettes. I can't tell you how many times I tried to throw a long bomb to myself after seeing his football one.

My current status: 0 for 4,320

Unless a one foot pass counts :lol:

Since we're talking about Perfect, it's not a debut vignette, but it's funny anyways. It's before his WM9 match against Lex Luger. He says something to the effect of "You want an unveiling, Luger? Here's what you'll look like when I'm done with you."

He pulls back a curtain and there's a skinny pale kid in his underwear flexing. Perfect then chops the SHIT out of the kid, who screams and falls to the floor, and he just laughs. Awesome stuff.

The 'Real Man's Man' Steven Regal promos with him making orange juice with his bare hands and doing construction were so stupid they were great.

One of my personal favorites was Repo Man jacking somebody's car right front of their own house with the wife (I think?) screaming as the tow truck was taking off with Repo Man laughing his ass off.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
One of my personal favorites was Repo Man jacking somebody's car right front of their own house with the wife (I think?) screaming as the tow truck was taking off with Repo Man laughing his ass off.

How about when he took a kids bike because his father was late on car payments.

That one was a Coliseum Video Exclusive from...I want to say Invasion '92, but I might be wrong.

That one was a Coliseum Video Exclusive from...I want to say Invasion '92, but I might be wrong.

Invasion of the Bodyslammers and WrestleFest 1993.

How about HHH's vignettes when he first came to wwf in 95. Pretty lame, and I am sure he would rather not them be shown on tv now (quick someone in the truck play them on raw)

I remember TL Hoppers plumber vignettes. and Jeryy Lawler in Issac Yankems dentist office lol

Real Mans Man was gold too, Regal shaved with a knife cuz hes a man

(He's a man, such a man, such a man, he's a real, real, real man's m an) oh no now I got to get out my anthology cd and crank that

How about Nail'z promos from jail. They showed an empty cell and hallway with his annoying gravely voice over them. sounded like he was using a voice modulator but apparently, he really talked like that.

I liked any of perfects videos, especially the ones from where he played sports and guys like Wade Boggs would stand in awe of his abilities. (pass to himself, genius)

Guest Stunt Granny

Men On a Mission's were pretty fucking bad but ya know.

When I saw the Sparky Plugg vignettes, it made me feel as if Holly was a huge dork and was going to get his ass kicked in the ring.

What about BRAUKKAS!!!!

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Men On a Mission's were pretty fucking bad but ya know.

When I saw the Sparky Plugg vignettes, it made me feel as if Holly was a huge dork and was going to get his ass kicked in the ring.

What about BRAUKKAS!!!!

Who? The funny looking thing from Mortal Kombat II?

Guest Astro

Brakkus, who just made mean faces into the camera

Exotic Adrien Street's "I'm in Love with Me" vignette is something every wrestling fan should see

Kamala's debuet vignette from Memphis where he's climbing out of the swamp

Nathan Jones promo was pretty badass. Too bad that was the only thing good about him. :P

Remember the Sean O'Haire videos that aired on and off for like three months and then he debuted and had no gimmick and was forgotten about after a month. Now those were entertaining.

Who could forget the Ludvig Borga vigenettes? You call this the land of milk and honey? Well down here it stinks funny!

Remember the Sean O'Haire videos that aired on and off for like three months and then he debuted and had no gimmick and was forgotten about after a month. Now those were entertaining.

Who could forget the Ludvig Borga vigenettes? You call this the land of milk and honey? Well down here it stinks funny!

Ludvig Borga = badass Finnish dork.

B-)

Ludvig Borga = badass Finnish dork.

B-)

Dork?! :angry:

Ludvig owns you!! :P

Yeesh. Vince really can be a prick about that kind of thing...

I don't really blame Vince...

Guest Stunt Granny

How dare you call Borga a dork!! His ending of Tatanka's undefeated run is one of my top 5 personal mark out moments.

Guest Fook

Good:

Million Dollar Man

Mr. Perfect

Rey Mysterio

Kurt Angle

So bad they were good:

Repo Man

Issac Yankem

Ludvig Borga

Stephen Regal (as the Man's Man)

So bad they were bad:

Crush (Hawaian version)

Beaver Cleavage

Mankind (as great as Foley is, those vignettes were awful)

Razor Ramon

The Goon