TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yankees/Devil Rays Tomorrow!

Does this count as home games for either team?

From a professional standpoint, it takes away from the home field advantage if either team loses a home game because of this (basically playing 83 road games and only 79 home ones) And from a fan standpoint, if I had season tickets for the Devil Rays (or, shudder, the Yankees) would I not get the full 81 home games because of this?

If I had season tickets for the Devil Rays (or, shudder, the Yankees) would I not get the full 81 home games because of this?

If you're a Devil Rays season ticket holder, I"m sure the team would be able to comp your trip to Japan. How many season ticket holders can there be in Tampa?

So is Joe Torre fired?...

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

The Yankees have scheduled a press conference for 4 pm to announce the've traded A-Rod for Vidro and Cabrera

Guest FrigidSoul

Its a good thing they picked up A-rod...I mean his stellar defensive plays of running into relief pitchers and injuring them are going to be HUGE I tells ya.

Guest Anglesault
Meh. Some of them hated life when the Yankees were merely league champions.

Yeah, the pride and honor of blowing it on the big stage or something.

Anyway, The Moose was just B-R-OOTAL today. Damn.

Oh well, still 161 left.

I caught most of the replay and aside from being pleased by seeing the Yanks fall apart from the 6th on out, I must I say, I was very impressed with the Devil Rays. While they probably won't even have a winning record this year, they've been slowly, but surely building up a bit over the past couple of seasons and I expect for them to surprise a lot of people this season.

Guest Anglesault
While they probably won't even have a winning record this year,

I expect for them to surprise a lot of people this season.

I don't follow.

Why is no one in Tampa Bay excited???

THE MAGIC NUMBER IS DOWN TO 161!

In other news, statisticians worldwide were stunned to find out that the Detroit Tigers have already been mathematically eliminated from playoff contention prior to Opening Day.

I don't follow.

I think what he means is that they might finish ahead of Baltimore.

Why is no one in Tampa Bay excited???

THE MAGIC NUMBER IS DOWN TO 161!

In other news, statisticians worldwide were stunned to find out that the Detroit Tigers have already been mathematically eliminated from playoff contention prior to Opening Day.

I honestly don't think they will finish last this year overall, if only because they are in the terrible AL Central. They will be last in the AL definitely, but I like them better than the Pirates or possibly the Brewers.

Mussina looked good through five, but from what I saw he pitched one inning too many. Its easy to overestimate one game. One of the great things about baseball is even the winningest teams in history lose 25% of the time, and the losingest pitchers in history win 25% of the time.

Mussina was lucky through five, Tampa was hitting the ball hard off of him all day. Half of his breaking pitches stayed flat, his fastball was lifeless, he should have stayed in the states.

AS, I meant that they probably won't finish dead last like they have every since since, well, ever. They're obviously not going to be making any postseason appearances this year, but that doesn't mean the season's going to be a complete failure.

I don't follow.

no..thats not possible.

They might not finish in last place if say, Toronto does, but the Devil Rays won't finish ahead of the Orioles.

I don't follow.

no..thats not possible.

They might not finish in last place if say, Toronto does, but the Devil Rays won't finish ahead of the Orioles.

That's not possible either. Hell, the Orioles themselves don't have a hope of finishing ahead of Toronto.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I'd be more suprised to see Baltimore pass the Jays then to see the Jays pass the Sox. Or Yankees. You know what I mean.

Guest OctoberBlood

Mussina did NOT look good through five. As GM said, he was getting hit hard all night, and pretty much got lucky - and then that luck ran out, very quickly.

Guest Mosaicv2
I'd be more suprised to see Baltimore pass the Jays then to see the Jays pass the Sox. Or Yankees. You know what I mean.

no I dont :D

Guest Anglesault
but that doesn't mean the season's going to be a complete failure.

::Considers saying something.::

::Decides against it::

Yes, yes, I know, if you can't win it all, then what's the point, right? Well for a team like the Rays, just not finishing last is an accomplishment and that's what I originally meant.

Guest Anglesault
Yes, yes, I know, if you can't win it all, then what's the point, right?

Well, yeah.

Anyway at least when people break out the bubbly for the second and third place finishes, those teams have a winning record.

Celebrating an under .500 record is beyond absurd.