TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Wrestletrivia mania!

Guest Trivia247

now gonna take a horrible stab in the Dark here...

on five.

because I don't quite remember but I have a guess...

Now I would say Mr. perfect

New questions since the last 10 were answered on the previous page.

1. Who hit Jeff Jarrett with their finisher, thus costing Jarrett a match against Diamond Dallas Page in the US title tournament?

2. Name 3 WWF vs. NWA world title unification bouts that took place.

3. What future WWF and, later, WCW main eventer did Bob Backlund once defend his WWF title against during a tour of California? Clue: Compare the WWF talent of the mid 80s to the WCW talent of the mid 90s and look for the top names.

4. What was the finish to the Sting / Rude International World Title match held in Japan?

5. What future legend did then-WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan once team with during a tour of Japan? Clue: While the mystery man was not yet in the WWF, he would become a mainstay in the company for over a decade. There's a reason I'm not saying where the wrestler comes from; it would be too obvious.

6. What two foreign objects were instrumental in the Hollywood Blondes winning the belts from Steamboat & Douglas?

7. Name 3 WCW main eventers from the early to mid 90s that lost to Antonio Inoki during that same timeframe.

8. What was Ric Flair's first match back in WCW in 1993?

9. What do these three things have in common? Stone Cold Steve Austin, Paul Bearer, and the Million $ Belt. It sounds a little difficult but look at the early history of all three and it shouldn't be too hard.

10. Who attacked Roddy Piper upon Piper's return to the WWF in 1986? Multiple names.

Well, I think I know the answer to one of these...

9) all were introduced on screen by the Million Dollar Man (Austin as the Ringmaster, Bearer in conection with the Undertaker, who was discovered by DiBiase and the Million $ belt was DiBiase's personal belt)

Guest Askewniverse

2. Billy Graham vs. Harley Race, Bob Backlund vs. Ric Flair, Bob Backlund vs. Harley Race

4. Rude uses his valet as a shield. As Sting moves the valet out of the way, Rude hits him with the title belt. That only gets a two-count. Rude follows up with a piledriver and a top-rope kneedrop for the pin.

7. Ric Flair, Sting, Vader

8. Flair & Anderson vs. Hollywood Blondes at Clash 23?

10. Don Muraco, Bob Orton, Adrian Adonis

9) all were introduced on screen by the Million Dollar Man (Austin as the Ringmaster, Bearer in conection with the Undertaker, who was discovered by DiBiase and the Million $ belt was DiBiase's personal belt)

Very very close. But Dibiase didn't introduce Paul Bearer - someone else did. See if that clue helps at all.

2. Billy Graham vs. Harley Race, Bob Backlund vs. Ric Flair, Bob Backlund vs. Harley Race

4.Rude uses his valet as a shield. As Sting moves the valet out of the way, Rude hits him with the title belt. That only gets a two-count. Rude follows up with a piledriver and a top-rope kneedrop for the pin.

7. Ric Flair, Sting, Vader

8. Flair & Anderson vs. Hollywood Blondes at Clash 23?

10. Don Muraco, Bob Orton, Adrian Adonis

All correct. IIRC, it was Sting's valet - not Rude's. And although they showed footage of it on WCW TV, I don't recall any explanation given as to who she was. Looked a bit like Fifi though.

Guest Askewniverse
All correct.  IIRC, it was Sting's valet - not Rude's.  And although they showed footage of it on WCW TV, I don't recall any explanation given as to who she was.  Looked a bit like Fifi though.

Yeah, I don't remember who the valet was either. WCW showed footage of the title change at Slamboree '94 (which is how I knew the answer).

EDIT: seems like she was Rude's valet, if this site is any indication.

EDIT: seems like it was Rude's valet, if this site is any indication.

Cool stuff. I just figured from the way she was used late in the match, she was with Sting.

Guest Trivia247

My ten you can continue answering Cawthon's as well.

1) On June 26 1992 Who teamed with Samu to beat Scott Norton and Killer Bee in Tokyo, Japan?

2) Who teamed with Lance Von Erich too defeated Master Gee (subbing for Buzz Sawyer) and Matt Borne on November 17, 1986 in Ft. Worth, TX to capture the World Class Tag Team title

3) Who defeated Ricky steamboat at the 1984 Starrcade?

4) Who defeated Typhoon on May 18, 1996 for the vacant USA Universal Superstars of American title?

5) Who defeated Rocky Johnson on February 21, 1975 in Atlanta, GA for the NWA Georgia title?

6) Who defeated Nobutaka Araya on March 19 and March 20, 2003 for the WJ (World Japan) promotion?

7) What tag team beat Porkchop Cash and Bill Dundee to retain the Mid-South Tag Team title on April 7, 1984

8) Who defeated Canek in Monterrey, Mexico on February 29, 2004 to retain the IWA title.

9) What current WWE started his career using a Reverse Indian Deathlock as his Finisher in the New England Indi feds?

10) Who's commentator history spans the NWA/UWF/WCW/WWF/E?

9) What current WWE started his career using a Reverse Indian Deathlock as his Finisher in the New England Indi feds?

3. Tully Blanchard

9. Triple H

10. Jim Ross

Very very close. But Dibiase didn't introduce Paul Bearer - someone else did. See if that clue helps at all.

Um, were they all introduced on a segment featuring or hosted by Brother Love? I know Love managed Taker before Bearer, the Million $ Belt was from the Brother Love time period and the Ringmaster came in at the same time as Brother Love made a brief mid-nineties comeback

Guest Trivia247

3. Tully Blanchard

9. Triple H

10. Jim Ross

yes to 3, 9 ,10

Um, were they all introduced on a segment featuring or hosted by Brother Love? I know Love managed Taker before Bearer, the Million $ Belt was from the Brother Love time period and the Ringmaster came in at the same time as Brother Love made a brief mid-nineties comeback

Correct, they all made their debut on the Brother Love Show.

Guest Trivia247
My ten you can continue answering Cawthon's as well.

1) On June 26 1992 Who teamed with Samu to beat Scott Norton and Killer Bee in Tokyo, Japan?

2) Who teamed with Lance Von Erich too defeated Master Gee (subbing for Buzz Sawyer) and Matt Borne on November 17, 1986 in Ft. Worth, TX to capture the World Class Tag Team title

4) Who defeated Typhoon on May 18, 1996 for the vacant USA Universal Superstars of American title?

5) Who defeated Rocky Johnson on February 21, 1975 in Atlanta, GA for the NWA Georgia title?

6) Who defeated Nobutaka Araya on March 19 and March 20, 2003 for the WJ (World Japan) promotion?

7) What tag team beat Porkchop Cash and Bill Dundee to retain the Mid-South Tag Team title on April 7, 1984

8) Who defeated Canek in Monterrey, Mexico on February 29, 2004 to retain the IWA title.

Hints

1) he was a former WWF World/Tag team champion

2) His gimmick there similar to the one he had in the WWF, however his face paint was all green.

4) This Big man wrestled for the WWF's Wrestlemanias at 4, 10, and 11

5) He is one of the oldest wrestlers still active in wrestling, and he has NEVER been in the WWF.

6) He was let out of the WCW power plant with the rest in the late 99,00 to make WCW more "Interesting" He formed a tag team and won the tag titles with a current WWF wrestler on Smackdown.

7) This "Second" Incarnation of the tag team included one member that is familar to most in the NWA/WCW fan base, the other was latered managed by Heyman when he feuded with the team's manager over the rights of the name of the tag team

8) Another one of the Oldest wrestlers currently active, he has wrestled in nearly every major American Promotion (Including the WWF in the 70's) And is the one wrestler noted to be in Mick Foley's nightmares in his book.

Guest Askewniverse

1. Yokozuna

2. Ultimate Warrior

4. Bam Bam Bigelow

5. Abdullah the Butcher

6. Big Vito

7. The Midnight Express (I'm guessing the Condrey/Eaton version)

8. Mil Mascaras

Guest Trivia247
1. Yokozuna

2. Ultimate Warrior

4. Bam Bam Bigelow

5. Abdullah the Butcher

6. Big Vito

7. The Midnight Express (I'm guessing the Condrey/Eaton version)

8. Mil Mascaras

yes to all 8!

good job

1. Who hit Jeff Jarrett with their finisher, thus costing Jarrett a match against Diamond Dallas Page in the US title tournament?

2. Name 3 WWF vs. NWA world title unification bouts that took place.

3. What future WWF and, later, WCW main eventer did Bob Backlund once defend his WWF title against during a tour of California? Clue: Compare the WWF talent of the mid 80s to the WCW talent of the mid 90s and look for the top names.

4. What was the finish to the Sting / Rude International World Title match held in Japan?

5. What future legend did then-WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan once team with during a tour of Japan? Clue: While the mystery man was not yet in the WWF, he would become a mainstay in the company for over a decade. There's a reason I'm not saying where the wrestler comes from; it would be too obvious.

6. What two foreign objects were instrumental in the Hollywood Blondes winning the belts from Steamboat & Douglas?

7. Name 3 WCW main eventers from the early to mid 90s that lost to Antonio Inoki during that same timeframe.

8. What was Ric Flair's first match back in WCW in 1993?

9. What do these three things have in common? Stone Cold Steve Austin, Paul Bearer, and the Million $ Belt. It sounds a little difficult but look at the early history of all three and it shouldn't be too hard.

10. Who attacked Roddy Piper upon Piper's return to the WWF in 1986? Multiple names.

Time for answers...

1. Scott Hall

2. Backlund/Race, Superstar/Race, Backlund/Flair

3. Roddy Piper

4. Kneedrop off the top after a belt shot

5. Bret Hart

6. The Blondes' towel and one of the championship belts

7. Sting, Flair, Vader

8. w/ Arn vs. Austin & Pillman at the Clash of the Champions

9. They all made their debut on the Brother Love Show

10. Muraco, Orton, & Adonis

Guest drdrainoscott
#2 was Jushin Liger on "The Main Event" with the winner earning a match with Dean Malenko for the following night's Nitro.

Technically, Eddie Guerreros first televised match in WCW was in 1989 against Terry Funk, which is considered one of the greatest sqaush matches of all time.

Technically, Eddie Guerreros first televised match in WCW was in 1989 against Terry Funk, which is considered one of the greatest sqaush matches of all time.

Technically, there was no WCW in 1989.

Guest drdrainoscott

Technically, there was no WCW in 1989.

That's true. Did you know about Eddie having those squash matches in 89 and the question was a trick, or did you just forget about them?

Guest drdrainoscott

I think he had two tryout/jobber matches in 1989, one being against Terry Funk. Meltzer wrote a bit about the match after Eddie won the title, and said that it was considered one of the best squash matches of the era, with Eddie doing a plancha, something very rare in the 80's. Even with it being such a good tryout, NWA didn't offer him a job as they felt he was too small (5'7", 175lbs legit). He has since put on about 30 pounds of muscle, but I still find it crazy that he is the same height as me, and I am considered short amoung all my friends (Beniot is 5'8" for reference).

Guest Trivia247

next Trivia ten

this time on movesets

1) what 80's WWF Jobber had a Bulldog for a finisher?

2) What almost never before seen move was done to Owen Hart during WWF Wrestlefest 94 by Scott Steiner

3) name the current "Tag name" for Ron Garvin's "Reverse Figure Four" he used in the WWF?

4) Who's tag team finisher was a Double DDT?

5) The Repo man's Crow bar submission was a opponent's Back on the mat version of what Submission hold?

6) What move did Andre "Try" using as his finisher during the late 87-88 period of his career?

7) What Semi Current Finisher of a WWE wrestler would be compared to Mr. Gannosuke's Fire Thunder ?

8) Early in Chavo Guerrero's Career in the WWF (after the invasion) what move did he hit which got him some punishment of not being on TV for a good couple of Months?

9) Who Executed the First Tombstone style Piledriver at a Wrestlemania?

10) What former WWF wrestler tried using various Puro style moves (such as the Tiger Driver, Falcon's Arrow some Tope's) in the mid to late 90's in the WWF)

2) What almost never before seen move was done to Owen Hart during WWF Wrestlefest 94 by Scott Steiner?

Steiner Screwdriver

4) Who's tag team finisher was a Double DDT?

Not sure if this is who you mean, but DOA (Skull and 8-Ball) used a double DDT as a finisher

6) What move did Andre "Try" using as his finisher during the late 87-88 period of his career?

Is that the lame suplex thing he did?

7) What Semi Current Finisher of a WWE wrestler would be compared to Mr. Gannosuke's Fire Thunder ?

Rikishi Driver

9) Who Executed the First Tombstone style Piledriver at a Wrestlemania?

Davey Boy Smith (WrestleMania III on Danny Davis)

1) what 80's WWF Jobber had a Bulldog for a finisher?

3) name the current "Tag name" for Ron Garvin's "Reverse Figure Four" he used in the WWF?

5) The Repo man's Crow bar submission was a opponent's Back on the mat version of what Submission hold?

1. Sam Houston

3. Sharpshooter

4. Fujiwara armbar?

5. butterfly suplex

Guest Trivia247

Answers so far

1) yes Sam Houston

2) yes Steiner Screwdriver

3) yes was the Sharpshooter

4) No wasn't thinking DOA was more along the lines of a early 90's Tag team of the NWA/WCW fame

5) No its a leg lock hold the move in the reverse position is in use in the WWE

6) Yes he tried a Double arm Suplex type.

7) Yes Fire Thunder is essentially like a Rikishi Driver

8) hint 1 there is many variations of this two word named move

9) Yes was Davey boy

10) Hint he was last seen in the WCW in 2000 then disappeared again.

I'm guessing that, as it's a headdrop move, which are a no-go in the WWE, that it was the Brain Buster?

10) What former WWF wrestler tried using various Puro style moves (such as the Tiger Driver, Falcon's Arrow some Tope's) in the mid to late 90's in the WWF)

Carl Oulette?

Guest Trivia247

I'm guessing that, as it's a headdrop move, which are a no-go in the WWE, that it was the Brain Buster?

Carl Oulette?

8) hint 2 its a Puro move associated with Mens Teioh alot (NOT THE MIRACLE ECTASY)

10) no hint 2 he was a former WWF IC champion but he was injury prone