TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Miss Indy Queen

Terri, Sean O'Haire part ways with WWE

Guest Miss Indy Queen

WWE.com received the following information from the office of Jim Ross, WWE’s Executive Vice President for Talent Relations:

Terri Runnels and WWE have mutually agreed to terms to part ways. Terri has been a great member of our team for almost seven years, and we wish her the best and would enjoy working with her again if the situation presents itself.

Sean O’Haire has been notified that he will be released from his contract. Sean is an excellent athlete and we wish him well in his future endeavors.

Credit: wwe.com

Guest Anglesault

That's a shame. I kind of liked Terri, and she wasn't hurting anything as an interviewer.

Hopefully she comes back.

Another great performer leaves the WWE after being misused. Good job, Vince.

Yeah, I'll miss Terri (and her nipples) too.

Guest Anglesault

I wouldn't go so far as to call her a great performer.

Guest Real F'n Show

You mean Sean O'Haire was actually still employed as of yesterday? I thought they released the guy months ago...

I wouldn't go so far as to call her a great performer.

Not in the ring anyway

*ba-dum-psh*

Another great performer in Sean O'Haire leaves the WWE after being misused. Good job, Vince.

April Fool's day was Thursday.

Oh yeah, you're one of those silly SOH marks.

SOH sucked, but a lot of the blame goes to WWE for teaching him a shitty ring style and giving him a gimmick he couldn't pull off.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Another great performer in Sean O'Haire leaves the WWE after being misused. Good job, Vince.

SOH sucked, but a lot of the blame goes to WWE for teaching him a shitty ring style and giving him a gimmick he couldn't pull off.

Being Roddy Piper's lap dog didn't help him any, but from his WCW run in late 2000-early 2001 I thought he could be good in due time.

Terri finally gone. Thats gotta suck. But it says mutual so it's not like she got fired or anything.

Welcome to TNA Sean O'Haire. Join fellow WWE-Rejects Raven & D'lo Brown.

Guest T®ITEC

And you know what that means!

::bleat::

Anyway, I am saddened slightly by this news.

Guest Anglesault

Being Roddy Piper's lap dog didn't help him any, but from his WCW run in late 2000-early 2001 I thought he could be good in due time.

Terri finally gone. Thats gotta suck. But it says mutual so it's not like she got fired or anything.

People always wanna blame Piper, but they forget that before Piper, he blew his big gimmick, and after Piper, he had horrendous three-four minute matches with Benoit and Guerrero.

And don't give me "It was only three minutes!" because it's not like they were your basic "blah" three minute matches. They were bad.

...Whaa? I don't see how he blew the gimmick. They were the ones who pulled the plug on it before it even had a chance. He was good in WCW, then learned WWE style and that was the end of that.

Oh well. At least Orlando Jordan will be able to satisfy me every week on Velocity.

Guest Choken One

he couldn't cut the damn promos live...thus he blew the gimmick.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Well Randy Orton ain't no prize winner either with live promos, yet WWE keeps pushing him.

And I won't argue O'Haires matches from 2003 sucked. Cause most of them did. Damn the OVW training to strip him of any moveset he had and inserted "A-Train Set #2" in him.

I guess that's true. The main thing was his matches in 2003 sucked...that style just didn't work for him. It is kind of funny how everyone was going crazy of O'Haire in WCW, and how that Jindrak was the one who sucked so much. Look who ended up getting a tag team push & keep their job.

Guest wrestlingbs

Well, I hope this teaches SOH an important lesson.

You can get away with being a mediocre worker and unimpressive talent ONLY if you were trained by the WWE.

A-Train, go get'em tiger.

SOH sucked ass in the ring, but if it was up to me i'll get rid of some of the worthless veterans instead of a young wrestler like Sean, guys like Albert,Test,Holly and Bradshaw will never make money for WWE but they still have their jobs.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying he couldnt cut the promos live. I've read about five live reports from around that time that said he got a huge babyface response when cutting the "devil's advocate" promos. I mean he was never a great worker, but he in no way blew his shot. It was taken. End of Story.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I don't know why everyone keeps saying he couldnt cut the promos live. I've read about five live reports from around that time that said he got a huge babyface response when cutting the "devil's advocate" promos. I mean he was never a great worker, but he in no way blew his shot. It was taken. End of Story.

Are you sure those weren't the taped vignettes they aired that were taped in front of a blue screen?

Guest Anglesault
I don't know why everyone keeps saying he couldnt cut the promos live.

He would ramble and then throw in the catchphrase in a spot where it made no sense.

He displayed no ability to improv or run damage control when his promos stopped making sense.

He blew it.

All those who still think O'Haire sucks in the ring never watched Velocity after he was dropped from SD! when Piper got fired. He had improved WILDLY, was starting to show some decent psychology and was really connecting with the fans.

He could have been used well. He's as big and as menacing as Batista, with at least equal charisma and a better moveset. If they're going to push Batista O'Haire should have been there as well. Main eventer? No, but upper-midcard hoss who can work relatively well was well within his capabilities.

I know the matches vs Eddie and Benoit sucked. I tell you, he improved shitloads since then.

While I'm not for people out of jobs, Terri had nothing to offer and has just been hanging on the last few years. For T&A she was arlight for a little while, but she was aging as they were bringing in much hotter and younger girls. And her interviewing wasn't any good.

O'Haire just seemed like he could have been a star. Shame they waste 2 pushes on Nathan Jones and don't even give this guy one good shot.

Guest Coffey

:rolleyes:

Yeah, because despite his work in ECW & WCW we all know that Raven is a "WWE Reject" and that's all.

You fucking mo-mo.

Guest BANKYWOOD

I'll never ever ever understand why Jindrak is getting pushed as a singles on Smackdown while O'Haire has been cut. Big guys like the Undertaker and Bradshaw were intiidated by how he could fly. While he wasn't technically sound, he sure was entertaining to watch in WCW and early early WWF. They made him change his style to the point where he'd bore the crowd. It was a catch-22. It shoulda been inevitable that this would happen.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

:rolleyes:

Yeah, because despite his work in ECW & WCW we all know that Raven is a "WWE Reject" and that's all.

You fucking mo-mo.

It was a joke that all WWE wrestlers are "rejects". Maybe D'Lo is, but he was never pushed strong or as a threat to the World Champion.