TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

WCW Nitro for the Playstation

If I remember right, it is Up XOX really fast.

If you don't do it fast, it doesn't work. It was always a spotty finisher in the game anyway.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Ahhh! So many memories flooding back!!! The horror! The Horror! Well...at least it was better than Thunder. :throwup:

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Those videos at the selection screen were the best part of the game.

Too bad it can't save a game from having the worst controls and graphics for a wrestling game on a system like PSone. I think this was worse than Backstage Assault.

Guest Askewniverse
Those videos at the selection screen were the best part of the game.

Too bad it can't save a game from having the worst controls and graphics for a wrestling game on a system like PSone. I think this was worse than Backstage Assault.

WCW Thunder was worse. The test-of-strength thing totally kills your health meter.

I have a question for you. Why do you own this game?

Uhh maybe he has it for sentimental value? Or to say he has one of the worst games ever?

The only thing I can think of is wrestling game completist...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I have a question for you. Why do you own this game?

Uhh maybe he has it for sentimental value? Or to say he has one of the worst games ever?

The only thing I can think of is wrestling game completist...

Ew...I own every WWE game on PS, PS2, N64, and Gamecube, but I only have 2 WCW games: WCW/nWo World Tour and Revenge.

I've rented Nitro, Thunder, and Backstage Assault, and in a nice way, I'll say I'd rather talk on my cellphone in the shower than play these 3 games again.

But I'd say completionist is probably right.

I've rented Nitro, Thunder, and Backstage Assault, and in a nice way, I'll say I'd rather talk on my cellphone in the shower than play these 3 games again.

Hell, I'd rather throw a plugged toaster in while I'm taking a shower than play WCW Nitro.

"If you're a true Jericholic and you pick me, I promise you'll NEVER EVER lose this game again."

Does anyone remember Scott Norton's (or maybe it was Brian Adams) LONG, droning rant on Thunder? He was just rattling on and on and on.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
"If you're a true Jericholic and you pick me, I promise you'll NEVER EVER lose this game again."

Does anyone remember Scott Norton's (or maybe it was Brian Adams) LONG, droning rant on Thunder? He was just rattling on and on and on.

Nope. I remember borrowing a friends copy way back, and after one match, used it as a frisbee and threw it against the wall. Thank God it didn't break . Iwouldn't have paied $40 for that shit.

I remember Tony Schiavone calling every move a side slam though.

Isn't that Mayhem? Mayhem had weird commentary, I think I heard him say "this was brought to you by Mcdonald's" in the middle of the match.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Isn't that Mayhem? Mayhem had weird commentary, I think I heard him say "this was brought to you by Mcdonald's" in the middle of the match.

Was probably both. Schiavone sucked in the late 90s.

I think I heard him say "this was brought to you by Mcdonald's" in the middle of the match.

not McDonald's, but Electronic Arts (the makers of the game).

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I think I heard him say "this was brought to you by Mcdonald's" in the middle of the match.

not McDonald's, but Electronic Arts (the makers of the game).

Tony is even corporate shill in video games. I guess it was true to life. Plus the fact I always lost to Kevin Nash.

I actually enjoyed Mayhem for the PS1 for the most part. Ironically, Schiavone/Heenan probably have the best commentating in that game than any other. Every now and again, if you fight in the parking lot or outside the ring, Schiavone and Heenan will go on a huge rant with each other. It's kinda rare but funny . . . since they're ignoring your match just like in real life. Plus, the entrance sets are snazzy and GOSH DARN it, it's the only game you can play on WCW Saturday Night on the MUTHASHIP!!!

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I actually enjoyed Mayhem for the PS1 for the most part. Ironically, Schiavone/Heenan probably have the best commentating in that game than any other. Every now and again, if you fight in the parking lot or outside the ring, Schiavone and Heenan will go on a huge rant with each other. It's kinda rare but funny . . . since they're ignoring your match just like in real life. Plus, the entrance sets are snazzy and GOSH DARN it, it's the only game you can play on WCW Saturday Night on the MUTHASHIP!!!

Hmmmm....almost makes me wanna play Mayhem...almost...

"Pick me. Pick somebody else. Do whatever you want. Leave me alone. Quote the Raven, nevermore."

"When I drop that big elbow off the top, not only do I get the 1-2-3, but I hurt 'em REEEEEEEAL BAD - OOOOOOH YEEEEAH"

All the Hidden wrestlers(There were loads) got screwed by not having there own rant, for example La Parka could have just did his strut and if Norman Smiley was on the game he could have did the SMBU and The Big Wiggle.