TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

TCR, just out of curiousity why aren't you a BlackHawks fan? Just wondering since IIRC you live in Chicago.

Well, I was a Blackhawks fan like the majority of my family (we have a Blues guy or two also) until things with Fleury started getting really bad, Thibault disappeared, and Sullivan was traded to a team in the same division. I had gotten attached to the Sens over the course of last year from all the hype they got from Max Power and CanadianChris, and when their games started being televised, I was like "yeah, this team is awesome." But the Hawks, geez...if the owner can't support his team, why should I?

Part of me yearns for awesome Hawks teams like the ones in the mid 90s with Roenick, Belfour, Chelios, Amonte, etc., but I doubt the franchise is going to gain any respect whilst owned by a man who doesn't believe in investing in the team, televising its home games, or anything remotely related to successfully operating a hockey organ-eye-zation.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

The Hub vs. the Habs...now this is good to see.

And dammit, I don't get a press pass for the rest of the playoffs because of some fucker from Worcester getting his pass pulled for being a prick. So all minor organizations have had their passes pulled for the playoffs beyond the first round. And this includes TSN, so if you live in Canada, and your team is up against the Bruins, you'll only be getting the ESPN feed. Muhahahahahahaha.

Least I still have NESN.

All the games with Canadian teams will be on CBC, anyway.

And if the Bruins get to the next round and play an American team, I can't see the NHL not letting TSN into the building, considering they are TV rights holders.

NESN owns the exclusives to Bruins...and the team booted out a shit of people on Friday and revoked a ton of passes.

All because a couple smartasses from Montrael tried to get into the Bruins locker room in between periods, which you are told not to do A. when you sign for the pass B. when you receive the pass and C. all game long. The locker room is open postgame, with pregames only given to NESN and ESPN.

Nice little goal for Kovalev there.

I realize if NESN and the Bruins want to keep troublemakers and stuff out of the building, but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't let TSN in there, considering they pay a lot of money for the TV rights and are under the same ownership as ESPN.

Man...The Canadian fans are DEFNITELY the loudest hockey fans ever. and i really dont think anyone can compete

Andy friken Hilbert scoring boston's goal!

just sent up from the AHL

Bad penalty by Murray...great shot by Hilbert though.

I don't see why TSN should be allowed back in when they've been at the Fleet for fewer than 10% of the year, while the rest of us who have been there all year get penalized as well. Bullshit.

Do you pay millions of dollars in rights fees? Are they not even going to let CBC in, who've been broadcasting the NHL since the beginning of time?

It sucks that you got screwed by a few assholes, but I really can't see anyway that TSN wouldn't be allowed into the FleetCenter.

Kovalev nets #2, 2-1 Habs.

I tuned in late; are the refs still calling every little thing? That hooking penalty was a bit iffy.

I tuned in late; are the refs still calling every little thing? That hooking penalty was a bit iffy.

Its not as bad as game 2. This period is going by a lot faster, especially with the loud montreal crowd and montreal's odd man rushes.

1. Refs seem to be better tonight than the other one.

2. NESN and the Boston Globe pay the millions upon millions for broadcasting rights. ESPN will be let in. But it was a TSN guy that got the boot on Friday night, and so was a newspaper reporter from Montrael. It just pisses me off I'm not going anymore.

3. What happened to defense? The Bruins are just not on the ball tonight. They don't seem to have the same intensity or physicality that they did in Games 1 and 2.

That shot on Axelsson was a wee cheap. Maybe Zhednik better keep his eyes open. (NOTE: I AM KIDDING!!!!!!!)

Geez, the Canadiens are throwing EVERYTHING at Reycroft.

What happened to defense? The Bruins are just not on the ball tonight. They don't seem to have the same intensity or physicality that they did in Games 1 and 2.

montreal is more desperate.

Man, the Flames just rang one of the post and I thought the building was going to explode, they even played the horn. Awesome game so far.

I don't really post much since the playoffs have started since I haven't really being paying attention that much.

Raycroft is carrying that Bruins team, or else Montreal should be leading this series.

Bah, I was hoping for some OT hockey. It's been lacking so far this year, I didn't watch the one with San Jose and St. Louis and the Montreal/Boston one was too short.