TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Guest BrokenWings

I'm thinking Brashear will be the one to start the fight, if not only because he's simply throwing his weight around, and being a force in the corners.

Belfour's out, and heads straight to the locker room.

I hope you're ready Kidd. It's going to be a LONG night.

Announcers defending McCabe's give aways.. he must just be beating himself up about them.

Guest BrokenWings

Roenick fucking rocked Antropov.

And here's where the game gets interesting.

And then Antropov comes after the whistle with the cross check to the back of the head. I hate him so much. Cry about it.

EDIT: I don't see how that was interference, as he'd just drop passed about a second or two beforehand. Call it roughing, or elbowing, though I didn't think it was much of an elbow. Refs are just trying to control a game which is quickly getting out of hand, and I doubt it'll work.

Philly powerplay, will they score again?!

Guest BrokenWings

Wow. Too many men on the ice call against Philly. There goes that powerplay.

Guest BrokenWings

Leafs score, 6-2... and everyone gives a shrug of indifference.

...I really hope Esche is alright...

Leafs score, 6-2... and everyone gives a shrug of indifference.

...I really hope Esche is alright...

Yeah, I'm kinda not seeing a Vancouver-Calgary repeat, although stranger things have happened, I suppose.

Guest BrokenWings
They're speculating that Esche has a torn something-or-other in his thigh...

Christ, I hope not.

How the hell would that have occured?! He faced what, one shot all period?! He probably pulled a Nash and tore it walking to the dressing room... ;)

Guest BrokenWings

And ANOTHER call against Philly. Refs are really slowing this game down now, trying to cool some tempers.

Sucks for us watching, but good in theory, I suppose.

They're speculating that Esche has a torn something-or-other in his thigh...

Christ, I hope not.

How the hell would that have occured?! He faced what, one shot all period?! He probably pulled a Nash and tore it walking to the dressing room... ;)

Another mysterious penalty to Philly.

Like I said (jokingly) before, Esche faced so little action in the first he probably tightened up again. I'll wait for the official statement on his status...

What's with these calls? They're not in Toronto.

If ESPN were, you know, a bit more consistent in replaying the penalties, I might have something for ya...

Well, I guess the Leafs were due for one of their patented stinkers. At least they usually play a lot better after they get their asses kicked, plus, they've played better at home.

Fuck, this is disgusting.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

It's safe to say that momentum means nothing in this series.

From the Flyers website:

Flyers goaltender Robert Esche and defenseman Vladimir Malakhov  both left the Flyers? Game Five victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs after the first period and did not return. Both suffered upper body injuries, and the severity of the injuries is not yet known.

?We don?t really know on either one of them right now,? said Ken Hitchcock after the game. ?One we don?t have a clue on and we still need some evaluation before we can even tell you what it is. The other one, we aren?t even sure how to describe it.

?We don?t want to put out misinformation. We will be straight with you [Monday] and we will tell you. Right now it is upper body [injuries] and we will tell you [more] tomorrow.?

Esche made one save on just two Toronto shots during Sunday?s 7-2 win over Toronto. Malakhov recorded one shot on goal in 7:07 of playing time in the first period.

Sean Burke relieved Esche in the game and made eight saves on nine shots, while Sami Kapanen moved back to the blue line for two periods, where he played while Kim Johnsson was recovering from a hairline fracture in his right hand in the first three games of the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Antero Niittymaki arrived at the Wachovia Center before the end of the game as an emergency backup, and will be Burke?s backup if Esche is unable to play in Game Six at the Air Canada Centre on Tuesday.

The Flyers can move on to the Eastern Conference Finals with a win in that game.

Upper body injury for Esche? I doubt they're being straight, but we'll see.

From the Flyers website:

Flyers goaltender Robert Esche and defenseman Vladimir Malakhov  both left the Flyers? Game Five victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs after the first period and did not return. Both suffered upper body injuries, and the severity of the injuries is not yet known.

?We don?t really know on either one of them right now,? said Ken Hitchcock after the game. ?One we don?t have a clue on and we still need some evaluation before we can even tell you what it is. The other one, we aren?t even sure how to describe it.

?We don?t want to put out misinformation. We will be straight with you [Monday] and we will tell you. Right now it is upper body [injuries] and we will tell you [more] tomorrow.?

Esche made one save on just two Toronto shots during Sunday?s 7-2 win over Toronto. Malakhov recorded one shot on goal in 7:07 of playing time in the first period.

Sean Burke relieved Esche in the game and made eight saves on nine shots, while Sami Kapanen moved back to the blue line for two periods, where he played while Kim Johnsson was recovering from a hairline fracture in his right hand in the first three games of the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Antero Niittymaki arrived at the Wachovia Center before the end of the game as an emergency backup, and will be Burke?s backup if Esche is unable to play in Game Six at the Air Canada Centre on Tuesday.

The Flyers can move on to the Eastern Conference Finals with a win in that game.

Upper body injury for Esche? I doubt they're being straight, but we'll see.

it was a joke seeing how Quinn described his injuries when Mogilny, Sundin others were out.

it was a joke seeing how Quinn described his injuries when Mogilny, Sundin others were out.

Injury descriptions during the playoffs are always a joke. An "upper body" injury can mean a broken ankle...