TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HarleyQuinn

OAO 2004 MLB Games Thread

Guest Anglesault
This Yankee game is just fucking hilarious.

Oh it's a riot.

Pettitte's down 3-1 after 4, AS. Does that ease your pain any?

Somewhat. It at least made me smile.

4-1 Giants now. Astros' announcers are launching into the "it'll probably take some time for Pettitte to adjust to the NL and a new home ballpark" talk already, and bringing up the "he started 5-6 with the Yanks last year before finishing 16-2." It's pretty humorous. Their backpedalling amuses me.

Too bad it wasn't Clemens. Toronto fans hate him too.

Mr. Bonds & Co. are waiting for him. It'll be interesting to see if he throws inside to Barry.

Guest Anglesault

Y'know, I've calmed down quite a bit.

Getting humiliated by perennial losers is a part of the game, and when you play them 19 times, they're sure to win occasionally.

Guest Anglesault

This is just brutal.

And the worst is that no one on the Yankee coaching staff will yell at them for this outing.

Or we could ban AS and it'd be fine.  :rolleyes:

What did I do? I've stopped myself from issuing death threats to Moose.

however, the Weaver threats are still open

Guest Anglesault
Or we could ban AS and it'd be fine.  :rolleyes:

What did I do? I've stopped myself from issuing death threats to Moose.

however, the Weaver threats are still open

So?If anyone earned it, it's him.

Young leaves game with broken leg

April 6, 2004

TORONTO (AP) -- Detroit Tigers designated hitter Dmitri Young is expected to miss up to six weeks with a broken right leg after injuring himself in Tuesday night's game against the Toronto Blue Jays.

Young fractured a bone in his lower leg when he dropped to the field in a failed effort to avoid a tag by second baseman Orlando Hudson in the first inning. Young appeared to be in severe pain, but was able to put weight on the leg as he was helped off.

The team initially announced he had a sprained ankle, but updated his status after he underwent X-rays. His leg was placed in a removable splint.

Young had a career year last season, batting .297 with 29 home runs and 85 RBIs

Credit: Yahoo! Sports

Guest Anglesault

I've put the bad vibe of this game behind me. The Yankees disgraced themselves and their fans tonight, but it's in the past.

Tigers impressed me once again and it's not just because they won. They're showing so much improvement in many areas and while I doubt they'll finish with a winning record, this team looks heads and shoulders above last year's team. With that said, the Young injury is a quick blow to the team. I saw it as it happened and knew something was wrong immediately just from the look on his face. Luckily this isn't last season where Young was their only decent hitter.

Guest OctoberBlood

I love the Tigers.

Anyways, I now need to replace THA MEAT~! on my fantasy team. :(

Guest FrigidSoul
I've put the bad vibe of this game behind me. The Yankees disgraced themselves and their fans tonight, but it's in the past.

That's right. Tommorow they can look forward to a Kevin Brown career ending injury.

Didn't I hear that from Yankees fans after the opener in Japan?

The Jays can't seem to do anything right right now. I know it's early in the season, and all, but it's really frustrating, especially coming against the Tigers. It's not going to get any easier going into Fenway on the weekend, either.

Mets win 7-2 against the Braves.

KAZ~! goes 3-3 with a HR, two doubles, 3 RBI and 2 walks (1 intentional) and Glavine gets his first win of the season and against Atlanta.

Guest Anglesault
The Jays can't seem to do anything right right now.

Join the club.

At least have the satisfaction of seriously feeling that my team will make these little losses mean nothing in the end with a big 'ol ring.

You don't even have that.

Guest Anglesault

Mussina is on the post game right now.

He may or may not be plastered. He's not slurring, but he's mumbling and having a hard time keeping his eyes open.

Don't worry Mike, I forgive you.

Guest Anglesault
Where are all those rings from the last three years?

We have rings, just crappy ass rings no one actually wants.

The Jays can't seem to do anything right right now.

Join the club.

At least have the satisfaction of seriously feeling that my team will make these little losses mean nothing in the end with a big 'ol ring.

You don't even have that.

Some keep this on tap come October.

I'm watching the Stros/Giants game right now and even though I hate Bonds, I'm pulling for him to hit 660. Maybe it's just because it's against the Astros, but whatever the reason, I'm a bit miffed that he really hasn't been given anything good yet (nor has he had much patience). Looks like the Giants may have this one just about wrapped up, although they could've removed all doubt had they taken advantage of the bases-loaded, nobody out situation.

Goddamn it! The Indians blew another late lead! The bullpen didn't start off this badly last year with talent in the goddamn thing!

Two days in and I'm already sick of Barry Bonds leading Baseball Tonight.

Jermaine Dye RBI watch: 4 rbi in 2 games; 20 RBI in 65 games last year.

Guest Mosaicv2

Schilling & Foulke dominated as the Yanks lose to the Rays AGAIN!!

that made my day

& I know... Anglesault will probably whine after these comments... but just deal with it!!

Guest Mosaicv2
Indians/Twins great game in the 14th...Dumb play by Jones..great play by Hafner

Padres/Dodgers also tied

DAMNIT!! I want to watch that game... but I get the lously Giants/Astros game... with no home run by Bonds