TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

Well, assuming Kobe is innocent, it's a very heroic feat.

Yeah it takes a real hero to cheat on his wife. Even if he's innocent he's still a douchebag for cheating on his wife.

I do what is expected of me on a daily basis and don't rape crazy nymphos, does that make me a hero too? I'm just doing what Kobe is doing if such is the case.

Guest OraleHolmes

The sex HAD to be consensual. What kind of girl goes to a married man's hotel room and not expect to have sex?

*Sigh* Let's take the talk about Kobe's rape trial elsewhere, please. Or at least hold off until the playoffs are over.

The Pacers backcourt will be their downfall in this series or the next. Tinsley has a bad ankle and hamstring and Reggie Miller is no longer the scoring threat he used to be because of his age. The frontcourt is fine and deep, but the Pacer guards are going to have to step it up to keep this a series.

The Pacers backcourt will be their downfall in this series or the next. Tinsley has a bad ankle and hamstring and Reggie Miller is no longer the scoring threat he used to be because of his age. The frontcourt is fine and deep, but the Pacer guards are going to have to step it up to keep this a series.

I have to disagree here. If you watch the game, you see why Reggie isn't the scoring threat and it ain't because of reggie.

They get him the ball WAY too late when he comes off the screen now because they are only looking ot set up the post game. I understand you have a MVP inside, but you have two points that just don't undertand how to hit a guy off a screen unless he it is in the play. Reggie only got off 4 shots last night.

Carlise knows teh offense that could utilize him more. He needs to use it. Counting on the post game against the Wallace Twins is going to get you sent home. They need to run the old Pacer offence to open the inside up, and Reggie can still do it if you get him the ball in rhthym. It is sad to see them setting him up just completely wrong.

And how many freaking times has Orlando won the Draft Lottery in recent years. They have to have the most honetly. They have at least 3. I can't think of anyone else that has had that many.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Didn't they win it twice in a row, with terrible odds?

They won it in 92 and 93. 92 they sucked pretty bad and got Shaq, then just missed the playoffs the very next season and got it again, drafting Webber whom they promptly traded for Penny Hardaway.

I'm surprised Cleveland didn't "win" the lottery again this year.

Looking back:

1985: New York (Ewing)

1986: Cleveland (Daugherty)

1987: San Antonio (Robinson)

1988: LA Clippers (Manning)

1989: Sacramento (Pervis Ellison)

1990: New Jersey (Coleman)

1991: Charlotte (LJ)

1992: Orlando (Shaq)

1993: Orlando (Webber)

1994: Milwaukee (Glenn Robinson)

1995: Golden State (Joe Smith)

1996: Philadelphia (Iverson)

1997: San Antonio (Duncan)

1998: LA Clippers (Olowokandi)

1999: Chicago (Brand)

2000: New Jersey (Martin)

2001: Washington (Kwame Brown)

2002: Houston (Yao)

2003: Cleveland (LeBron)

2004: Orlando (probably either Okafor or Howard)

So, Orlando won 3 times, Cleveland, the Clippers, NJ and SA all twice.

Guest Redhawk

Reggie Miller got fined $5,000 for kicking the ball after Game 3. So how is that any different from when guys throw the ball up in the air after most games? They don't get fined for that.

Reggie Miller got fined $5,000 for kicking the ball after Game 3. So how is that any different from when guys throw the ball up in the air after most games? They don't get fined for that.

Probably because he was doing it in anger.......I guess?

Probably because he was doing it in anger.......I guess?

Maybe he was happy. It was a nice kick though, i'd tell you that.

If this had been Malone they'd probably give him the 5,000 bucks. How does he get fined that much while Malone only gets fined 2,500 more for elbowing someone towards the ground, after the game was pretty much out of reach, also out of anger?

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

You're allowed to THROW the ball, you just can't KICK it. That's in the rules by the way.

Guest OraleHolmes

Anyone want to predict a final score tonight between the Lakers and Wolves?

Guest Redhawk
You're allowed to THROW the ball, you just can't KICK it. That's in the rules by the way.

Yeah, but it happened after the game, so technically he didn't break any rule.

Guest Brian

Boy, the Lakers think these are God's gift to the world. And the announcers are all over their collective dicks. And I wish I could knock that smirk off Rapist's face.

Guest Choken One
Boy, the Lakers think these are God's gift to the world. And the announcers are all over their collective dicks. And I wish I could knock that smirk off Rapist's face.

Jack Nicholson?

Guest OraleHolmes

Eh, I still think the T'Wolves will take it in 7.

All they have to do is get one road win and take care of business at home.

It is annoying the Lakers are so cocky. But I guess it's deserved. Still though.....they aren't the best team ever. Byrd's Celtics, Johnson's Lakers, and Jordan's Bulls are all better than this Laker team. So they need to get that thought out of there head. And I have heard it discussed on the radio and on TV "Is this the best basketball team ever!?" Yeah right. They may win there 10th title this year but they still have 6 more to go to catch the Celtics and this isn't even the best Laker incarnation ever.

But Minnesota has to win 3 straight now. I mean I'm pulling for the T-Wolves and I hate the Lakers and all but all I have to say about that is.....YEAH RIGHT.

It'll be up to Detroit or Indiana to knock off the Lakers. Funny thing is they actually have the talent this year to do it.

You're the worst troll ever.

I don't see how that's trolling at all but anyway, I hate the Lakers, but they've got the right to be cocky right now. They're actually playing well, unlike the T-Wolves, who've just fallen apart lately. Garnett's great, but he can't carry a team by himself to the Finals.

I don't see how that's trolling at all but anyway, I hate the Lakers, but they've got the right to be cocky right now. They're actually playing well, unlike the T-Wolves, who've just fallen apart lately. Garnett's great, but he can't carry a team by himself to the Finals.

You obviously haven't read his posts........

He trolled for a while about The Lakers then when everyone called him on it he was like "No wait! I'm a T-Wolves fan! Really!" and now he's making inane posts about them. Read the thread back where he came in. You'll understand it all.

I have read them. What's wrong with him saying that he thinks the Wolves are going to take the series in seven and then saying why? Doesn't matter if he's a fan of the team or not, he can say which team he feels is going to take the series.

I have read them. What's wrong with him saying that he thinks the Wolves are going to take the series in seven and then saying why? Doesn't matter if he's a fan of the team or not, he can say which team he feels is going to take the series.

Because we know he doesn't believe it. He's just saying it to be annoying.

It'd be the same as going into a WWE thread in a match everyone knows HHH is winning and is complaining about and being like "No I'm positive that Jericho's going to win this match. Just you guys wait. I'm positive." after you've spent the whole first part of the match extolling the virtues of HHH in the most annoying trollish way possible.

I'm sorry if you can't see what he's doing but he's doing it.

Guest OraleHolmes

Why are you so paranoid, Damaramu?

Damn, can a guy express his opinion without being called a fucking troll?

Damn, boy.

I told you I was being sarcastic about the Lakers. I mean, really, what person in his right mind would believe Malone>Garnett ? That should've been a red flag, but you actually believed that I could harbor such a silly notion.

The Wolves usually play very well at home, so all they have to worry about is one road win.

Let's face it, the Lakers are gonna have another letdown in game 5, just like in game 2. Hopefully, that'll be a start for the T'Wolves.

Man, without Sam Cassell, its just a fruitless battle honestly.

If they had Hudson, then maybe they would stand a chance. But they are without their starting and back up point guard and are in the Western Conference finals with a 10day contract guy starting there.

Sarcastic or not, Orale is actually right. Its still all about stealing one in Staples and holding home court.

I honestly don't think they can take 3 straight from LA. It's not like they're going to win at home no matter what. LA has proven they can take the best teams at home(SA and Minnesota).

i'd be cocky too if i was beating the number one team in the west so handily, without making any real effort. i think i heard marv albert scream at the top of his lungs, "IT COUNTS, AND THE FOUL!" at least nine times for the lakers during that game. they're both rhythm teams, and minnesota can't create its rhythm without cassell or home court advantage, especially playing a team with so many weapons.

Why are you so paranoid, Damaramu?

Damn, can a guy express his opinion without being called a fucking troll?

Damn, boy.

I told you I was being sarcastic about the Lakers. I mean, really, what person in his right mind would believe Malone>Garnett ? That should've been a red flag, but you actually believed that I could harbor such a silly notion.

The Wolves usually play very well at home, so all they have to worry about is one road win.

Let's face it, the Lakers are gonna have another letdown in game 5, just like in game 2. Hopefully, that'll be a start for the T'Wolves.

and you know that purposely posting mindless crap just to get a reaction IS trolling, right?