TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cobainwasmurdered

Have You Guys Given Up On Fixing WWE Forum

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I just want to make clear that my original intent with this thread was to ask if trhe mods had given up or not.

I completely understand RRR's viewpoint and agree with some of it. But I honestly think that there are some problems that need to be dealt with. I think that the reason so few WWE Folder guys have came to this thread is not because they are either happy/unhappy but because they stick to that one area of the shit.

Most of the people have agreed that there are problems. I'm not calling for radical changes, or bannings, or anything like that. I've just noticed that it seems like Loss isn't around anymore, despite still being at SKNT, and that nothing ahs been done lately.

I pretty much agree with Naibus here. I find the WWE folder to be fine, other than the fact that the topics do get rather repetitive and the dogpiling on wrestlers that aren't well-liked does become old rather quickly. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else that would really make it any worse than any of the other folders here.

I do think promoting of discussion would certainly help the folder a lot. It seems like at times there are topics where good discussion could be had, but it is usually part of some grander "news" topic, so it ends up breaking into several different topics. For instance, the possibility of WCW or ECW return seems to be a fairly hot topic right now. Perhaps, have a mod or someone start a discussion on it, even going as far as to pin the discussion so it doesn't get lost in a mess of other topics. Maybe, it can even be made into a "Topic of the Day" type thing. Someone can post up a topic to start discussion about a fairly hot topic in the WWE or even something more general like the future of wrestling or the status of women in wrestling or something. I certainly think that would add some structure to the folder and could possibly improve the discussion that is going on in the folder.

Guest Goodear

Hi!

As one of those mods that don't "do" anything I thought I might pop in and mention that "Yes, I fucking do". I'm basically on the board every weekday from 7:30 to about 4:30 and generally alter about 3-4 threads a day. Considering the chance of a uproar everytime I do that (which has happened more than once), I try and minimize conflict as much as I can. You'll have to excuse the facts that I have to leave my house on the weekends and don't really don't feel like being on that much then and I don't feel like talking in every topic either.

However, my 'job' is not to make posters smarter. It is to maintain some order and I think I do a pretty okay job of that considering the amount of traffic. Now, you guys want better topics? START THEM. The only person speaking here I actually worry about is RRR since he does that just fine. But CMW making that complaint doesn't wash with me. Sorry, but if you aren't willing to contribute to a folder that gets the most traffic on the site, I'm really not going to miss you. Make points there intelligently... maneuver discussions the way you want them to go... and you'll find the board move the way you want it. I can't do that for you.

Love,

Me

Guest Goodear
So RRR, your WWE folder love is cute, but anyone who's actually been around for more than two years, has a much more broad idea of who is good, and what causes problems. Yes, you've got a valid opinion, and yes, it's valued in the grand scheme of things, but casting those who have left off as "unimportant because they are no longer involved here" or whatever, is just plain closeminded.

But Christ man, if those people haven't been around in two years why the hell should Rudo care what they think if they are the Rhodes Scholars of wrestling posters? Two years is a whole hell of a lot of time and why should anyone hold out hope that those people will return if we did... stuff that no one has effeciently defined for my money. And don't talk down to Rudo like he doesn't know what a good poster is, please thats rediculous.

Goodhelmet doesn't post because he hates the WWE now. HATES it. And I mean he hates it in the way that he doesn't watch it anymore not in the 'Oh I hate this, so I keep watching kind of way'. Why would he be discussing anything in that folder?

Hmph. You've either done such a good job that it's not noticable, or I haven't been paying attention.

I think Spiderpoets post is the indicative of the condescending attitude that's given towards the WWE folder. IMO, It's detractors are much worse than those 'causing the problems'. "It's too negative! Why all the HHHate!? I luv me some McMahon!" The WWE folder probably has more people who are positive towards the WWE than negative, it's just the minority has a louder voice than the majority. I can't tell you how many times I've been mistaked for the entire board. But in reality, there are more happy-go-lucky posters than there are bitter, jaded, "smarks". What does this mean? YOU CAN GET POSITIVE DISCUSSION GOING IF YOU WANT TO! People will actually join in. You just risk the possibility of someone like me coming in and pointing out a flaw. You have to deal with it. You can tell me to stop, which if put properly (Not "Why are you always negative?", but "Rudo, I want this to be a positive thread, if you can't contribute then don't" - which can either be in a PM or on the board itself), can work. You make a post, you set out the guidelines, you get the discussion you want.

And why is "smarks" a bad word? This is called the smartmarks forums, formerly known as the smarks board. It's like someone in a Star Trek forum using the word "Trekker" in a derogatory fashion.

Yeah, I didn't talk down to anyone, Mark. Hence the "Your opinion is valued" and the "Yes, you've got a valid opinion"... I'm perfectly aware of Rudo's competency towards what makes a good poster, I'm just saying that to discount those posters who have left is closeminded whether you would like to believe that or not.

This is something you probably ought to have taken up with me via PM, hmm?

kthx

Re: the OAO Raw & SD threads - maybe have a mod lock these threads once the show is over (or maybe no later than 5 minutes after). Then, someone can start a "OAO Raw (or SD) Analysis" (maybe a mod can only do this?) thread for further discussion on the show, to contain an overall discussion of the show, or more in-depth discussion on the main angles/storylines/happenings. That way people don't have to trudge through 25 pages to discuss the show.

No one's given up on anything. Considering the drama that resulted from the last effort to clean up the folder, we've decided to back off on being hardcore about it and see what's happening. I think the forum mods we have in place there are doing a good job. Just because Loss isn't as visible as he used to be there doesn't mean no one cares.

I was actually thinking the same thing - a post RAW thread. The only thing I look at in the RAW thread (aside from pre-raw thoughts) is overall show thoughts. I don't want to weed through a hundred one-liners to get someones thoughts on the show.

I haven't seen any mods reply to the WWE folder thread in weeks,

This has been explained by two of the three folder mods.

I've been lurking around the folder alot trying to see exactly what is wrong with it and I haven't seen any of the new rules really enforced and I see alot of the things that people have complained about still happening on a regular basis.

Simply put, the original rules Loss and I came up with were not going to work with a folder and board the size of TSM. Too many people + too many rules = tense situation.

I'd just like an update on your guys plans for that folder, thanks.

Currently, I just got back in the saddle in trying to streamline the original set of rules so that I can get it down to 5 or less. Preferably 3. Anything more than 5 is going to make posters feel like they're signing a contract when they post and that's not how they should feel.

Loss has been dealing with some personal issues. I haven't spoken to him about them. I'm sure he can come in here and explain his lack of apperance here at TSM over recent weeks if he wishes to.

For me, I've been busy with work and my home life over the past month or so but I've gotten more time to myself to go online so I'll be around these parts more often in the upcoming weeks here.

Goodear and CC have been doing their jobs. They've made me and Loss proud with the way they've conducted themselves in the folder. They're the power couple of that folder and quite frankly I wouldn't wish for anyone else but them (at this time) to have their jobs because being a mod is a thankless job but somebody has to do it and Goodear and CC have done everything I could hope for in not making me regret modding them.

Good job you two.

One item I'll bring up about the rules:

A OAO News thread or a ThisWeekInWrestlingNews thread are not practical. A board this big with a folder that has as many posters as the WWE folder does would see these threads turned into clusterfucks or die off once a poster inadvertently starts a thread about what some might consider a "minor" news topic that does not seem worthy of having it's own thread.

What's considered "minor" news and "major" news worthy of it's own thread (whereas the minor news stuff would be in theory posted in a OAO or TWIWN thread) is too broad and subjective since the site gets bombarded with new tidbits every day.

So those go bye-bye in the streamlined rules.

Sorry for the response delay CWM as I wanted to hear from the folder mods first before I say anything.

Other than that, I've got nothing left. If anyone here would like to discuss this further with me, I'll shoot the shit about this with you in PM or IM when/if I'm on.

As for when the streamline rules will be up...I have no set time. Loss and I need to get in touch and coordinate with one another on these and we haven't seen one another much online so we'll be working on these tentatively soon I hope.

Thanks for your time folks, I hope this helped out.