TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pochorenella

Star Wars: Clone Wars Animated Series

I'm talking about the Cartoon Network series, for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about. 20 5-minute episodes that supposedly tied the gap between Episode II and the upcoming Episode III, as yet untitled.

My take is that the series did a nice job with mostly action-based sequences, showing how powerful the Jedi truly can be, although it seemed kind of exaggerated at some point, but maybe that's because we've never seen them do that kind stuff in the live-action flicks. Anakin gets one step closer to the dark side, we see the Jedi Order take a MAJOR hit in their ranks, and the introduction of a brand-new villian that seems truly unbeatable, or at least very hard to defeat. The name of the new baddie escapes me at the moment but I think I've read somewhere that he will be featured in the new movie. The Republic won the war, or did they?

Nothing earth-shattering, but an ejoyable little mini-series with pretty cool animation.

Discuss, Star Wars fans.

Edited by pochorenella

Extremely fun. Like. Some parts I liked even better than the prequel movies! The second half (episodes 10-20) was a lot better than the first half episodes.

By the way, you can download each episode here:

http://www.pcpages.com/1010101/

(they are made freely available by Cartoon Network and StarWars.com, those are just direct link downloads. They also have versions with commentary by the director of the microseries, that Tartosky guy (or however his name is spelled).

the villian's name was General Grevious.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

I think the bad guy you're talking about called himself Sith... I know I know...

I didn't get to see the whole series, but the little bits I did see, I did seem to enjoy.

Guest wrestlingbs

Wait, they're actually putting that villian in the movie? I saw the last episode, and while that guy may look at home on a Samuari Jack cartoon, he's going to look goofy as hell in Episode III.

So he should fit right in.

Guest Flyboy
Wait, they're actually putting that villian in the movie? I saw the last episode, and while that guy may look at home on a Samuari Jack cartoon, he's going to look goofy as hell in Episode III.

So he should fit right in.

general_grievous_ep3.jpg

General Grievous is confirmed for Ep. III.

Guest Flyboy
I think the bad guy you're talking about called himself Sith... I know I know...

You're talking about the woman "Sith" that Anakin killed. He's referring to General Grievous from Chapter 20.

Let me say that Genndy T. is a total genius.

From what I saw of this series it was pretty good, and I liked the last episode.

Grievious standing there with three light sabres was pretty sweet.

The woman Sith's name was Asaaj Ventriss, although it didn't say that anywhere in the series.

I liked it, but I didn't like the 5 minute chapters. I would have rather seen a longer chapter and less of them, or maybe just one long "movie". I am looking forward to the DVD release which I believe is sometime next year (around Episode III).

That General Grievous looks much better on that magazine cover than his animated version. I believe it's safe to say that when he debuts on Episode III he won't look like an Army of Darkness reject or something. ILM must do an outstanding job for that character for it to look real.

And I agree that the second batch of episodes (11-20) were much better than the first. Mace Windu kicked some major ass. And I also see that Anakin/Vader's job of wiping out all remaining Jedi was somewhat helped by General Grievious. Killing what's left of them should be fun in the movie (if it's actually shown) but there's not that many left to begin with.

About the DVD release, I'm positive I read that the animated series was gonna be released this year not 2005, but they may have rescheduled or something.

Ponch, I'm just working on half-remembered rumors. I would love to have the Clone Wars disc this year. Thus, I'll defer to you on the date... :)