TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Guest OctoberBlood

Looks like "Baby Knuckle" Jared Fernández got rocked for 4 runs while only getting 1 out against the most overated team in the league. Also, Ray Lankford .. pulled hammy. Heh.

You know, Jared would probally still be with the Reds if Rusty could catch a freaking knuckle ball. God those days were horrible.

Thread title reminds me how great Mel Allen was.

*Hums TWIB theme music*

Here's hoping something gets down with the cable company and the Twins.

Guest Anglesault
I'm hoping Paul Abbott doesn't shut us down for four innings again.

Don't worry. I'm a Royals fan. Abbott sucks.

Tell that to the Yankees.

I'm hoping Paul Abbott doesn't shut us down for four innings again.

Don't worry. I'm a Royals fan. Abbott sucks.

Tell that to the Yankees.

Here's Abbott's numbers for three straight starts in 2003

8/23, v. Minnesota: 5.2 IP, 3 H 3 ER, 1 HR, 4 BB, 4 K, 85 pitches

8/28, v. Texas: 6 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 HR, 4 BB, 6 K, 78 pitches (rain-shortened)

9/2, v. Texas: 4.1 IP, 1 H 2 ER, 0 HR, 6 BB, 5 K, 103 pitches

Don't be too concerned that he got lucky against you, he still lost the game

Guest Anglesault
Cubs up 8-0 in the bottom of the fifth. About time they remembred that they're the Chicago Cubs and that they're playing the Pirates.

Perhaps you shouldn't remind them that they are the Chicago Cubs.

I'd be happy if the Cubs could just churn out at least five runs every game instead of double-digit numbers every now and again with dismal offense in between. They're hitting quite well today, aside from Patterson, who's gonna be a good hitter once he learns some patiences.

And good lord, I figured the Cards would take at least one from the Stros. I guess not.

D-Train pitches tonight in San Juan, trying to bring the Marlins to 7-1. FYI, this is not the best start in club history, as the 1997 World Championship team started 8-1.

I wish I had the chance to see more games. The only times I've seen my team play this year were when I went home to my parents in PA to see them play the Phillies (good times).

I'd be happy if the Cubs could just churn out at least five runs every game instead of double-digit numbers every now and again with dismal offense in between. They're hitting quite well today, aside from Patterson, who's gonna be a good hitter once he learns some patiences.

Me too. But I think we should take what we can get.

And good lord, I figured the Cards would take at least one from the Stros.  I guess not.

Their pitching is horrible. Outside of Morris (who's hurt too often) and Williams (who's really nothing great), they just don't have much. I figure the Cardinals are a third place team at best, provided the Cubs and/or Astros don't get devastated by injuries or something.

Did I hear it right that the vaunted Yankees are last in the AL in team BA, with a .208 mark? That can't be right...can it?

They also lead AL teams with 40 walks. Batting average has little corelation with a team's success. OBP is a much better indicator.

Crazy game with the White Sox and Royals. Sox led 6-0 at one point and eventually gave up four in the ninth to trail by one. Cept the Royals' closer loaded the bases up with no one out, Konerko popped it up and instead of getting to the ball, the RFer let it drop thinking it'd be foul. Except it was fair, which tied the game up. And now it's over after a hit that would've been extra bases had the game not been tied already. And to think, it started with a walk and an error.

Did I hear it right that the vaunted Yankees are last in the AL in team BA, with a .208 mark? That can't be right...can it?

They also lead AL teams with 40 walks. Batting average has little corelation with a team's success. OBP is a much better indicator.

What about runs scored? Since it is that that actually wins games.

Guest OctoberBlood

Goddamn Rain.

Well, atleast we'll be able to skip Haynes spot on Saturday.

Damnit. Its frustrating to have games this sparingly early in the season. The Red Barons' doubleheader is likely gone tonight. THey've been trying to host their home opener for three days now.