TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

WWE.com goes kayfabe!

http://www.wwe.com/news/headlines/1260522

Divas gone wild

Trish and Torrie duke it out over the 2004 Divas cover

by Brian Solomon

A few weeks ago, WWE.com asked fans to vote on who they would like to appear on the cover of this year’s WWE Divas Swimsuit Magazine. Torrie Wilson was the overwhelmingly popular choice, leading to her first-ever Divas cover. Many were surprised when Trish Stratus, who has been featured on two of the three previous Divas Swimsuit covers, did not fare better in the voting. Apparently, this did not sit very well with Trish herself, and it seems a little inter-promotional controversy is brewing between these two ladies.

“The fans are fickle, believe me,” said Trish when reached for comment. “I’m not surprised about how they turned on me like this. They probably assumed Torrie would be naked inside the magazine. She seems to be doing a lot of that these days. Anyway, I guess it doesn’t matter to the publishers that the magazine would have sold more copies with me on the cover. I don’t wanna brag, but I’m a proven commodity I’ve been on over 50 magazine covers. There really isn’t anyone as cover-worthy as me. Maybe somebody like Pamela Anderson, she might be in my league.”

Ever the lady, the demure Torrie Wilson tried to keep her cool as best as possible when confronted with Stratus’ opinions.

“Honestly, I would never have assumed that the fans would choose me over Trish,” she responded modestly. “I don’t know why they did, but I appreciate it very much. I’m very flattered by it. Trish doesn’t think I’m a ‘proven commodity’? I guess that’s why I’ve had two highly successful issues of Playboy. I’m a proven commodity also, but in the mainstream, not just in wrestling.”

The more we informed Torrie of Trish’s attitude toward her selection, the more Ms. Wilson lost her controlled veneer.

“It’s not a problem,” Trish said, laughing off Torrie’s triumph. “Actually, I ran out of room on my wall of magazine covers anyway, so I couldn’t possibly fit another. Especially after I put up my brand new Raw Magazine cover [May issue, on sale April 27]. It’s my fourth one, you know. I guess it was about time I threw a cover Torrie’s way.”

“Well, I appreciate her throwing me a bone,” answered Torrie sarcastically. “What she doesn’t realize is that if the fans would’ve been choosing the past couple of years, Trish would never have been on any covers. It probably also hurts that the editor of Divas is a female, meaning there was no one for her to sleep with to get herself on the cover.”

This seems to be a common refrain regarding Trish lately.

Her recent actions at WrestleMania and since that time have alienated a great deal of her fans, and it’s reasonable to assume that this could account for the change in fan reaction. In fact, most fan reaction towards Trish these days consists of loud chants of “SLUT!”

“Slut?” Trish asked. “I haven’t noticed fans were calling me that. Why would they?”

Shades of Bill Apter (or Scoop Sullivan) in this new story.

Thoughts?

How about reducing the prices of the Kurt Angle merchandise if it's all about Kayfabe?

Well, if he's dead then they should jack them UP.

(cf. Mike Von Erich merch in WCCW after his death)

Stupid kayfabe fluff piece.

Ever the lady, the demure Torrie Wilson tried to keep her cool as best as possible when confronted with Stratus’ opinions.

Oh, please...

“Honestly, I would never have assumed that the fans would choose me over Trish,” she responded modestly. “I don’t know why they did, but I appreciate it very much. I’m very flattered by it. Trish doesn’t think I’m a ‘proven commodity’? I guess that’s why I’ve had two highly successful issues of Playboy. I’m a proven commodity also, but in the mainstream, not just in wrestling.”

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

“Well, I appreciate her throwing me a bone,” answered Torrie sarcastically. “What she doesn’t realize is that if the fans would’ve been choosing the past couple of years, Trish would never have been on any covers. It probably also hurts that the editor of Divas is a female, meaning there was no one for her to sleep with to get herself on the cover.”

Bah, the website people just made this up. Torrie can't express sarcasm. The rest of it is also too hilarious to buy.

Well hello, hello out there! I would like to start this column off with a big bang... let me begin by saying that everyone’s future input is welcome and very much anticipated! I really want to take this opportunity to thank World Wrestling Entertainment for encouraging me to add my “two cents” to all that is going on...from the squared circle, pop culture, love, life and relationships to whatever else it is that’s going on in the world today!

So, where do I even start? Well, how about all of the changes that have been going within WWE lately. I mean, even within the short time that I have been with the company lots of things have changed. Let’s start with the obvious. Whether you watch wrestling or not, the World Wrestling Federation has always been a household name. No matter how young or old, whether male or female, everyone knew that the World Wrestling Federation was wrestling. Then, surprise, just as I was getting into the wrestling business, we changed to WWE: World Wrestling Entertainment, the same great Superstars, the same great wrestling, the same great sports entertainment, just all packaged under a different name!

What’s the big deal, you may ask?

Well, to all the great wrestling fans out there, nothing. It’s just time to get the “F” out and get down with the “E”! There are those that aren’t really that familiar with the whole wrestling scene and may not have realized the simple change, so anyone who can spread the word out there... let it be known that we are still the same great group of wrestlers that you grew up with. From Harley Race to Stone Cold Steve Austin, we are the one who had all the legends, we are the one who will continue to give you the legends and we are the one that will continue to give birth to all the legends! Along with the name change came a funky new logo of course. So what if there’s no more “F”...who needs one anyway!?!

Perhaps one of the biggest changes within the company’s latest evolution...no, not Triple H, Ric Flair, Batista and Randy Orton.... I am talking about the evolution of the two WWE brand names complete with Superstars all of their own! There is now Monday Night RAW, which features totally different Superstars than Thursday night’s SmackDown!; with such a wide array of talent, who can fault WWE’s competitors for not being able to keep up?

It is no wonder the McMahons had to create their own competition! What a great idea, though. More Superstars to be showcased, more rivals to be battled, more to give to the fans! Here is something else to pass on to those who don’t keep close tabs on wrestling … even though RAW and SmackDown! are different shows, and on different networks, with different Superstars, we are all STILL the same great WWE!

While I am on the subject of roster splits ... let’s look at the present day: Most of you do know, or should, when I debuted with Rico as my true self, Miss Jackie, I appeared on Spike TV’s RAW broadcasts. What a great opportunity it was! Working with Rico is such a great honor -- so what if he gives ME most of the makeup tips -- I have a wonderful man! He has taught me so much and is an awesome person. Being the person that he is, he was able to help me reach on of my lifelong goals within such a short time - making it to WrestleMania.... and WrestleMania XX at that!

I still can’t believe the success that I have had with such a short career thus far with WWE, and I thank the McMahons and all the other wonderful talent of WWE for the opportunity of a lifetime! How many other professional athletes can live out their dream within two years of their first-time competition? I am not about to stop there...WrestleMania XX was only the beginning - as a matter of fact, it’s where it all began again!

Speaking of “beginning again,” it has all begun again for many of the WWE Superstars. I am talking about the lottery/draft that took place on Monday Night RAW a few weeks ago, March 22. The opportunity for greater challenges affected quite a few Superstars, Rico and myself included. Some Superstars were drafted from RAW to SmackDown!, and vice versa, while other Superstars were traded from one brand name to the other. It is definitely a new beginning on SmackDown! for the team of Rico and Miss Jackie! RAW was an incredible experience. SmackDown! will surely introduce new rivalries and create new excitement for us all. Make sure you stay tuned to see what Rico and I, along with the many WWE Superstars, will come across in the weeks, months and years to come!

Last but CERTAINLY not least, I’d like to thank you guys, the outstanding fans, for all your support and dedication you have to World Wrestling Entertainment! Keep your input coming and your love for our passion alive and strong!

Love Always and All Ways,

Miss Jackie

Got a question for Miss Jackie? E-mail it to [email protected]. The best and most interesting e-mails will be forwarded to the lovely Diva – and she may even answer your question right here in her column!

1)I really want to take this opportunity to thank World Wrestling Entertainment for encouraging me to add my “two cents” to all that is going on...

2)Whether you watch wrestling or not, the World Wrestling Federation has always been a household name.

3)the same great Superstars, the same great wrestling, the same great sports entertainment, just all packaged under a different name!

4)let it be known that we are still the same great group of wrestlers that you grew up with. From Harley Race to Stone Cold Steve Austin, we are the one who had all the legends, we are the one who will continue to give you the legends and we are the one that will continue to give birth to all the legends!

5)There is now Monday Night RAW, which features totally different Superstars than Thursday night’s SmackDown!; with such a wide array of talent, who can fault WWE’s competitors for not being able to keep up?

6)It is no wonder the McMahons had to create their own competition! What a great idea, though.

7)even though RAW and SmackDown! are different shows, and on different networks, with different Superstars, we are all STILL the same great WWE!

8)What a great opportunity it was! Working with Rico is such a great honor -- so what if he gives ME most of the makeup tips -- I have a wonderful man! He has taught me so much and is an awesome person.

9)I still can’t believe the success that I have had with such a short career thus far with WWE, and I thank the McMahons and all the other wonderful talent of WWE for the opportunity of a lifetime!

10)RAW was an incredible experience. SmackDown! will surely introduce new rivalries and create new excitement for us all.

Seriously, 10 times (10!!!!!) she performed verbal fellatio on the WWE. If there's anything she learned from Tough Enough (clearly, wrestling wasn't it), it was how to suck .... up!

Guest DeathBecomesYou
Seriously, 10 times (10!!!!!) she performed verbal fellatio on the WWE. If there's anything she learned from Tough Enough (clearly, wrestling wasn't it), it was how to suck .... up!

Well of course she'd be good at sucking up, that's basically all she did on Tough Enough wasn't it?

Guest Dynamite Kido
1)I really want to take this opportunity to thank World Wrestling Entertainment for encouraging me to add my “two cents” to all that is going on...

2)Whether you watch wrestling or not, the World Wrestling Federation has always been a household name.

3)the same great Superstars, the same great wrestling, the same great sports entertainment, just all packaged under a different name!

4)let it be known that we are still the same great group of wrestlers that you grew up with. From Harley Race to Stone Cold Steve Austin, we are the one who had all the legends, we are the one who will continue to give you the legends and we are the one that will continue to give birth to all the legends!

5)There is now Monday Night RAW, which features totally different Superstars than Thursday night’s SmackDown!; with such a wide array of talent, who can fault WWE’s competitors for not being able to keep up?

6)It is no wonder the McMahons had to create their own competition! What a great idea, though.

7)even though RAW and SmackDown! are different shows, and on different networks, with different Superstars, we are all STILL the same great WWE!

8)What a great opportunity it was! Working with Rico is such a great honor -- so what if he gives ME most of the makeup tips -- I have a wonderful man! He has taught me so much and is an awesome person.

9)I still can’t believe the success that I have had with such a short career thus far with WWE, and I thank the McMahons and all the other wonderful talent of WWE for the opportunity of a lifetime!

10)RAW was an incredible experience. SmackDown! will surely introduce new rivalries and create new excitement for us all.

Jesus Christ Rudo, I thought you were writing a sarcastic post until I reached the end and read where it came from. That's fucking terrible........