TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cobainwasmurdered

hi

Please elaborate.

Just relax a little. Every time the topic slides a bit you're all over us. It would be one thing if the thread was about Kurt Angle's neck injury and these guys got off topic and started discussing where they're going to meet up for their yearly Star Wars conventional picnic hosted by Anglesault.

But if the thread is about Triple H's "new" work ethnic and someone mentions how it's starting to rub off on Orton by association you don't need to jump and in and say "This thread isn't about Randy Orton it's about Triple H. If you wish to discuss him start a new thread about Randy Orton. Are we clear? Nik"

Nik, I'm going to have to completely agree with Fear Havoc on this one. You are much too strict in the WWE Folder, to the point where it's now becoming less fun to even post there. Not every thread needs to stay on-topic. Some of them wind up branching out into different subjects, which is just natural. It's unrealistic to expect a thread based on a possible Randy Orton angle to NOT branch out into a discussion on his interview skills, wrestling ability, etc. The fact that you feel the need to censor any conversation that deviates from the original post is unneeded, and it's getting to the point where it hampers conversation.

Admittedly, there have been some threads where there has been some annoying flaming going on between two or three people that extends for nearly half a page. This is the kind of stuff that needs changing, and probably the kind of stuff that should be addressed by a moderator. However......in some cases, it can become meddlesome. Immediately warning somebody for including a sarcastic remark addressed at another poster here or there is unnecessary since, many times, it doesn't escalate further than that and it just naturally cools down. When you find the need to address it in a strict and angry manner, it winds up creating different problems. I can't help but feel that in many of your posts, you're talking down to the WWE Folder posters, treating them as if they're inferior. The Folder needs moderators that are there to smooth things out when they become a problem. I don't think it needs people that dictate what a conversation will become, or people that have taken on the responsibility of parenting the regular WWE Members.

Nik, I'm not saying you're doing a terrible job of moderating, but I do think you definitely need to lighten up. TSM, and specifically the WWE Folder, should be a place where people could feel free to relax, discuss issues, joke around, etc. You're forgetting about the relaxing part, which is taking away from one of the main reasons I come here in the first place. Just let things take their course in certain topics instead of dictating the course it should take.

Guest Dazed

I agree with what you are saying about threads progressing away from the original topic, and I have no problem whatsoever with that. What I do have a problem with is when the thread goes something like this:

Poster 1: Orton taking on former superstars would be cool

Poster 2: Yes, but the matches would suck

Poster 3: Orton sucks, he should go back to OVW

Someone DELIBERATELY taking a thread in that direction, particularly when it's something that's been done to death in a million other threads. I also agree with you about the flaming back and forth, which also needs to be stopped.

Have I been too strict? Maybe, but after only being a mod for 3 or 4 days, I think you are being very quick to jump on me and to say that it's "not fun any more". Remember, this is a learning curve for me, too. I know I'm not perfect or infallible, but if you disagree with a decision I make, then please do let me know. Believe it or not, I do appreciate this thread.

The reason I am trying to go for "don't do that", rather than "gee, wouldn't it be swell if you stopped doing that" is that there's the slightest chance that people will listen to me this way.

And Fear Havoc, I would never do:

But if the thread is about Triple H's "new" work ethnic and someone mentions how it's starting to rub off on Orton by association you don't need to jump and in and say "This thread isn't about Randy Orton it's about Triple H. If you wish to discuss him start a new thread about Randy Orton. Are we clear? Nik"

And I don't appreciate you implying I would.

QUOTE (Lord of The Curry @ Apr 28 2004, 11:43 PM)

Spiff wins the award for best avatar and custom title at the moment.

Can you take it to PM, or somewhere more appropriate, please.

I thought that was a bit extreme. It was just a throw-away post, and wouldn't lead to the thread spiraling out of control.

But, like you said, you're learning on the job.

Guest Dazed
I thought that was a bit extreme. It was just a throw-away post, and wouldn't lead to the thread spiraling out of control.

In retrospect, I agree. I'll sort things out with all parties concerned.

Angelslayer: Please be constructive! I'm not sitting here trying to ruin the folder, or piss off as many people as possible. I really want to make the forum a better place to post. If you can come up with a way to improve things, then I am all ears.

Guest Hot Ticket

I thought that was a bit extreme.  It was just a throw-away post, and wouldn't lead to the thread spiraling out of control.

In retrospect, I agree. I'll sort things out with all parties concerned.

Angelslayer: Please be constructive! I'm not sitting here trying to ruin the folder, or piss off as many people as possible. I really want to make the forum a better place to post. If you can come up with a way to improve things, then I am all ears.

ironic

It sure does. But the forum moderators are putting in the effort to try and improve the place. I don't blame them at all for expecting the posters to get off their intellectual butts and offer constructive criticism and suggestions. It's easy to say "you suck," but it's not as easy to actually look at things and suggest real ways to improve. Nik and the other forum mods are trying to make things come up aces for everyone, and they have my full support, even during their period of growing pains.

*insert sarcastic one-liner here*

'Course I suppose you'll ask I not contribute to the thread anymore if I have nothing constructive to say

*racks brain*

Straighten up and fly right

There you go

I think that Nik is doing a good job, however, there's one thing that slightly bothered me. In the "Is WWE Racist?" thread, Trivia started making cracks about HHH's symbol being an Iron Cross, because HHH is a racist. I said that the Iron Cross was a symbol of Germany long before Hitler ever came to power, so his claims wouldn't work, then Nik comes in and says "Knock it off, you two." Is the purpose of the WWE folder to make claims that are factually incorrect?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Please elaborate.

Your pants are too tight, man. Just admit you aren't a 32 anymore.

Guest Dids

Nik's problem is that he doesn't realize what the site's failing is.

It isn't posters fucking with eachother, it isn't off tangent threads.

It's

A- retards

B- threads that end up in the same argument over and over again.

C- retards.

Nik just needs to figure out who the retards are- and so far his 'tard sensor is off.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

That isn't funny Kotz. Not at all.

I've noticed the same things about Nik but I apprerciate the effort he's going too.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Ditto. My comment about Kingofthe909 ruining threads was way out of line. I'm sorry for it.