TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest glennsoe

Summerslam location confirmed...

Guest glennsoe

* If this is old news or have been posted before, then i'm sorry for wasting your time.....

- Glenn -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summerslam 2004 will be held at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday 8/15.

World Wrestling Entertainment officially confirmed the location, which was expected, earlier today when they began sending out travel package information to fans who are members of their travel club.

Toronto was also the host for Wrestlemanias 6 and X8, which were held at Skydome.

Guest wildpegasus
* If this is old news or have been posted before, then i'm sorry for wasting your time.....

- Glenn -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summerslam 2004 will be held at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday 8/15.

World Wrestling Entertainment officially confirmed the location, which was expected, earlier today when they began sending out travel package information to fans who are members of their travel club.

Toronto was also the host for Wrestlemanias 6 and X8, which were held at Skydome.

Cool. It's always special when the WWE comes comes to Canada. Now let's just hope Benoit can make it through Summerslam with the belt!

Time waster

I glance into a WWE folder thread maybe once every other day, and even I remember this being announced 2-3 months ago

Someone else can go find the actual link though, I'm lazy

I glance into a WWE folder thread maybe once every other day, and even I remember this being announced 2-3 months ago

Hasnt there been some confusion about it being in Toronto or Florida?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Oh screw that. Tropicana Field was the perfect loaction.

Eh....I never likd Tropicana Field, plus I heard it was a bitch to get from the locker rooms to the field or something.

I heard it was a bitch to get from the locker rooms to the field or something.

I think they said it's about half a mile from the lockers to the ring. Which means that it's either the awesome carts they used at WM III and VI, or it's no Tropicana Field. I guess they weren't a big fan of the carts.

Jason

Guest Choken One

great. Another fucking PPV in Toronto.

It used to mean something now Toronto is getting to MSG levels where they pimp it but they actually go there a lot.

I was hoping it was going to be at Tropicana Field...the long mile thing shouldn't be a big deal...all they had to do was used the little carts to bring them to the ring like @ Mania III and VI

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

With all of the Canadians getting pushes lately, i.e. Benoit, Edge, Jericho, etc., and SummerSlam being traditionally WWE's second biggest show of the year, it's a smart move.

And if Benoit does drop the strap there, it's no surprise as to who it's going to be to.

Guest Choken One

well initally the idea was that Edge would go over HHH at Slam (meaning HHH gets the title at bad blood or some point in the summer)...but with Edge not getting the return pop he was expected, It seemed to me they are looking at a Heel turn for edge, which would rule out Edge going over at Slam, at least over Triple H and I don't think I've ever seen a heel win his first title in his hometown before.

So I guess It'll still be Benoit dropping the title to Triple H...which likely means Smackdown will headline 'Slam dispite having absolutely NO fucking possible match worthy of the main event outside of the very slim Angle/Guerrero possibility.

With all of the Canadians getting pushes lately, i.e. Benoit, Edge, Jericho, etc., and SummerSlam being traditionally WWE's second biggest show of the year, it's a smart move.

And if Benoit does drop the strap there, it's no surprise as to who it's going to be to.

Yeah, SmackDown! had the WrestleMania rematch as their main event for SummerSlam last year, so it might happen again.

But does this mean a Triple-Threat at Vengeance? ;)

Guest Choken One

Yeah, SmackDown! had the WrestleMania rematch as their main event for SummerSlam last year, so it might happen again.

um...

The Main event of Summerslam last year was the Elimination Chamber 2 Match involving (Shawn, 'Berg, Nash, Jericho, Orton and HHH).

Not Lesnar/Angle. That got Mid-Card duty.

Guest Askewniverse

um...

The Main event of Summerslam last year was the Elimination Chamber 2 Match involving (Shawn, 'Berg, Nash, Jericho, Orton and HHH).

Not Lesnar/Angle. That got Mid-Card duty.

Yeah, but the Elimination Chamber wasn't SmackDown's main event. Read IB's post again. He didn't say Angle-Lesnar was the main event of SummerSlam 2003. He said Angle-Lesnar was SmackDown's main event, which is true.

Guest wildpegasus
well initally the idea was that Edge would go over HHH at Slam (meaning HHH gets the title at bad blood or some point in the summer

Where'd you hear that?

Guest Askewniverse

Yeah, I don't remember hearing about HHH-Edge at SummerSlam either. From what I remember, Meltzer only reported that HHH wanted to work a program with Edge. I don't remember anything about Edge going over HHH for the World Title. For now, I'm guessing that CO presented his assumptions as fact.

Then again, I could easily be wrong. Maybe a credible source did report HHH-Edge for SummerSlam and I missed it.

Guest Choken One

well there were talks that Edge would win the title in his hometown...which was at the time rumored to be in Toronto.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I heard it was a bitch to get from the locker rooms to the field or something.

I think they said it's about half a mile from the lockers to the ring. Which means that it's either the awesome carts they used at WM III and VI, or it's no Tropicana Field. I guess they weren't a big fan of the carts.

Jason

Wasn't WM XIX the same distance?

Thanks Askewniverse.

As far as Raw's main event goes for SummerSlam, it seems as though the Triple H/Benoit program is supposed to continue well into the summer, and yes, SummerSlam.

That's obviously the reason why they're giving Michaels/Benoit away on Raw, but you have to wonder - that would either mean a Triple-Threat at Bad Blood (;)), or a Michaels/Triple H match, which would be terrible if they want Benoit/Trips as the Raw main event for SummerSlam.

Next week, the match might be over before it even starts, and while that would piss a lot of people off, it would work in with all of this planning that Bischoff wanted for the match. And it got next to none on Raw this week.

This is sweet. Me and my friends are taking a roadtrip this summer, and we're hitting a bunch of baseball games as we head to Canada (From New Jersey) for SummerSlam. One of my friends had brought it up a while back and since we'll all be separated and going to college for the first time about a week or so after this, it would all be perfect.

Yeah, I don't remember hearing about HHH-Edge at SummerSlam either. From what I remember, Meltzer only reported that HHH wanted to work a program with Edge. I don't remember anything about Edge going over HHH for the World Title.

Has Meltz reported it'd be a ladder match yet?

Guest wildpegasus
Yeah, I don't remember hearing about HHH-Edge at SummerSlam either. From what I remember, Meltzer only reported that HHH wanted to work a program with Edge. I don't remember anything about Edge going over HHH for the World Title.

Meltzer never reported any rescent matches as 100% confirmed ladder bouts. It was just what the booking team was tempted to do and as we all know from the past they LOOOVE their stupid, wacked out stipulation matches. We have been lucky so far that none have happened. Let's just hope for the best and keep it that way.

Meltzer never reported any rescent matches as 100% confirmed ladder bouts. It was just what the booking team was tempted to do and as we all know from the past they LOOOVE their stupid, wacked out stipulation matches. We have been lucky so far that none have happened. Let's just hope for the best and keep it that way.

That's not what I remember reading.

Dammit! You took my joke!

The most recent match that I've heard being speculated as a Ladder match was the Triple-Threat at WrestleMania, and then the Triple-Threat at Backlash.

I'd love a Ladder match, so as long as it involves the right people and has a reason to actually be a Ladder match.

Guest sanyo

Yes! T.O scores again! I'll be going. I think Tropicana Field is such an ugly stadium. I mean don't the Devil Rays want to get out of there. Whenever I see that stadium its like- why haven't they destoryed the piece of crap yet. We all know T.O is the #2 city for the WWE behind NYC so holding it here at ACC is not a big deal.

Also with it being held here I think Edge should go over. I think the Benoit/HHH has run its course and can maybe last another month before the general public starts shiting on it. Yeah they have had greta matches but two wrestlers can only go at it for so long. HHH did say he wants Edge in a program and I think Edge would bring it in his hometown and pull out a great match with HHH and Edge is popular here. I personally see HHH winning at Venegence (Which is Raw's this year) and Edge winning some #1 contender match over HBK or something. Then the two meet at SS.

Also I pretty much seeing Eddie/Angle as well.