TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

TNA TV Show Called TNA Impact

According to pwinsider they are set up for 52 weeks at the 3pm timeslot and if they do a decent rating there is a chance they will get moved to a better time slot(which shouldn't be hard considering the ratings everything on that channel gets).

Guest TDinDC1112
They're bringing the creativity.

what do you want them to call it?

Meh. Better than the 13 week deal, but since it's still only one hour long, and is going to be on during a time when most people are either working or in school or going out with friends, I'd say it's still fucked.

Now, give it a Saturday morning position if they want to attract the kiddies? Probably do a little better.

Guest Staggomatic

After I get done watching TNA Impact I can wait and watch IWA Total Impact later that night. :huh:

Guest MikeSC
They're bringing the creativity.

what do you want them to call it?

Well, "cancelled" would be a bit too prophetic...

-=Mike

It starts off in the summer. Kids are home in the summer at grandma's or with a baby sitter.

Are 7 year olds their target demo now? Most high school and college kids are out with friends or doing something fun, and adults are at work. Further, how does it help to have 2 months of inflated ratings and then a drop when school starts?

52 weeks reserved doesn't mean Fox can't pull it earlier than that, either.

They have a MAJOR uphill climb.

Are 7 year olds their target demo now? Most high school and college kids are out with friends or doing something fun, and adults are at work. Further, how does it help to have 2 months of inflated ratings and then a drop when school starts?

it's actually not that bad of an idea. since they are almost setting it up as you would a control group in an experiment. if what you said occurs, and they draw enough people... then it may get FSN to move them to a better overall timeslot which would also appeal to the demographic they lost w/ school starting up again. it's two birds and one stone.

: of course, if (read: when) they don't draw very well in that slot - they will have saved themselves at least some money by not paying for the better timeslot right out of the gate.:

i think that they have the right idea w/ the timing and the slot for the gamble that they are trying to make. and like i said. if it doesn't pay off them their target audience have loads and loads of free time; then it probably wouldn't've paid off regardless.

52 weeks reserved doesn't mean Fox can't pull it earlier than that, either.

with them paying for the time. i can't imagine that FSN would pull them at all, unless they violate that "family friendly" image that they are to adhere(sp?) to.

They have a MAJOR uphill climb.

true.

What day is it going to be on during the week?

Guest Dynamite Kido
Tits 'N Ass Impact?

Of course not. If that was the name, it would've had a better timeslot.....

According to pwinsider they are set up for 52 weeks at the 3pm timeslot and if they do a decent rating there is a chance they will get moved to a better time slot(which shouldn't be hard considering the ratings everything on that channel gets).

I thought they were paying for the timeslot and could of paid for a better one.

I thought they were paying for the timeslot and could of paid for a better one.

They could have paid for a better one (which I think they should have done) but essentially it would have costed them much more for that other slot, which I think was Sundays at 11am. It might still be something they can change over to though, I'm not sure. Maybe in due time if this timeslot fails horribly (which I'm fearing it might) they might have to pony up the extra dough in hoping it brings in more viewers on a weekend slot.

1 hour is going to be rough to base around every week, but it's still plausable depending on how its booked. I dont expect any long matches on the show, and if anything I could see a return of more of a "crash TV" style here, although hopefully its more structured than it used to be during some of the other Russo eras.