TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Raw ratings takes a dive

I'm pretty shocked about this. Not only did they have the lineup out a week in advance...but it was a really good lineup (a million times better than the SD! ppv).

Also...surprising because Raw has been good for a while now...consistently.

Guest hunger4unger

Just slightly lower due to the sweeps (whatever they are).

Nothing to panic about. 3.4 is still a great number for RAW.

Guest Choken One

No it's not.

It went from a 4.2 to 3.9 to 3.4.

That's a HUGE drop.

The sucky thing? Raw has been very good...which is baffling me.

So that means that RAW and SD had roughly the same number of viewers then (since 1 ratings point on broadcast equals more people than 1 ratings point in the cable ratings)?

That's not good.

Well look at it this way.....

the more prominent HHH is in the title picture, the lower ratings go. When Shawn vs Benoit was advertised, the ratings was high. Then the actual Raw of Shawn/Benoit where HHH ruins the end, it drops a little. Now the announcement of HHH being reintroduced in the title picture (Silly me he never left it), it drops.

Guest Mulatto Heat

If you don't know what sweeps are to begin with, how can you say that they're responsible for a 0.5 ratings drop?

i don't get it, with good shows and actually hyping for the next shows and people still watched the show more when it sucked

Last week had Benoit/HBK. This week was hyped up but HBK and Benoit weren't on the card and the only thing that looked like it would be worth seeing was Christian/Jericho. I mean, one of these hyped up matches was Edge vs Orton. So I'm not shocked.

People don't want to watch MATCHES, though. They want Kane setting people on fire and comedy skits and Cena doing lame raps and Vince making people kiss his ass!

:boxing:

Obviously, everyone was drawn in by the exciting season finale of 7th Heaven and Everwood.

I must be the fault of Benoit, even though they didn't even bother having him on the show at all.

And next week, we have the HIGHLY anticipated match between Lita and Trish!

Guest Nanks

Oh dear, that's bad. It doesn't bode well for the future when the good shows with good build-up do badly and the not as good shows with little build-up do well. You really couldn't blame them for thinking one formula is better than the other.

Guest SpiderFan

Benoit wasn't on Raw last night except in the little video package. Lack of Benoit = low ratings!

Seriously, I'm shocked it dropped. Raw was good on paper, and all the announced matches at had least a week of hype. Was there anything 'big' on last night to draw viewers away?

Guest hunger4unger

If you don't know what sweeps are to begin with, how can you say that they're responsible for a 0.5 ratings drop?

Because I am aware that these sweeps things are popular amongst TV viewers, especially amongst WWE's demographic. Sweeps are something to do with basketball, right?

Guest SpiderFan

Because I am aware that these sweeps things are popular amongst TV viewers, especially amongst WWE's demographic. Sweeps are something to do with basketball, right?

Sweeps are when the ratings actually count. The higher your ratings during 'sweeps' weeks, the more you can charge for advertising during your program.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

People didn't care about Jericho and Christian?

I'm SHOCKED!

Sweeps are the week where TV stations throw guest stars and big events on all week so they can try to get the best ratings possible. I think the ratings during sweeps determine how much stations can look for in advertising fees.

Sweeps are when the ratings actually count. The higher your ratings during 'sweeps' weeks, the more you can charge for advertising during your program.

For those not getting what Hunger is doing, they are making a light jab at the WWE for it is obvious they will blame the start of sweeps for the drop in ratings.

Which would work, if Monday had anything worthwhile that the WWE audience would give two flying craps about.

If they aren't joking and don't know what sweeps are....god help us all.

Sweeps week occurs in February and May and are when TV shows determine their new advertising rates for the following year, which are dependant on their ratings for the week (that's usually when season finales pull out all the stops to get viewers).

I don't follow network tv, but maybe there was some big season finale or something. Hopefully, they don't go into panic mode and do any of the following:

- Put the belt back on HHH

- Push some green OVW "talent" to the ME

- Acquire a washed up vet and insert him in the ME

- Give the McMahons a more dominant tv role