TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cynicalprofit

Eugene

Guest duck420

definitely they gave it to triple h didnt they? eugene is at least a borderline retard

Guest Fook

No.

I can, however, see Eugene/Regal as the tag champs if Regal can actively wrestle.

Guest SpiderFan

Not as a face. If they turned him heel, saying he was faking it the whole time for attention, maybe.

As it stands right now, I could see him in the IC title picture, but no higher.

Nah. Even without the gimmick, I can't see Dinsmore as World Champion for at least another 5 years. And that's best case scenario.

IC Title would be a possibility in a year or so, once the whole 'he can wrestle' side of him really kicks in'.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

The character, no.

Dinsmore, no.

Erm, no.

No, but I think if they leave the IC Title on Orton for a while, Eugene would get a great pop for pinning him for a fluke title win.

If Eugene was set to get a World Title reign...I could see him getting it the same way that David Arquette did:

Pin the person that wasn't the World Champion in a tag team match with the World Title on the line in the match.

They seriously need to build up Eugune the next few weeks, have him get a match vs. HHH and he gets like 50,000 near falls and the entire crowd is fucking freaking out...then Regal turns on him giving HHH the win.

I think they'll eventually do an angle where he "overcomes" his disabitlites and he could possibly be World Title material then. I mean, this guy is fuckin OVER. You also can't say Dinsmore has the look because it's not exactly like he is trying to have one considering what the gimmick is.

He has a good look, talent, charisma. But he's saddled with a bad gimmick. This reminds me of current WWE worker Val Venis. A guy who has all the tools to be a World Champion, but was shot out of the gate.

Guest Choken One

Rick Steiner was DANGEROUSLY close to being given the title doing the SAME gimmick...I don't see how Eugene can be any different.

I could see them having him upset Orton down the line.

Rick Steiner was DANGEROUSLY close to being given the title doing the SAME gimmick...I don't see how Eugene can be any different.

Yeah, didn't they want him to upset Flair in 87 for the NWA Title?

Guest Choken One

Yep in 5 minutes at that.

It was in 88 actually and I believe Flair nearly left the building hearing about it...

I can definitely see Eugene getting an IC run in the near future, maybe a tag title run with Regal or someone else who befriends him and helps him along the way.

A World title reign? Probably not with this gimmick, and probably not for a couple of years, at least. But no question that he's HUGELY over, and you can never say never in wrestling storylines anymore. You just never know what may happen with this gimmick, there's no denying that it's getting over in spades . . .

Guest Mad the Swine

Yep in 5 minutes at that.

It was in 88 actually and I believe Flair nearly left the building hearing about it...

I posted this on the Starrcade '88 thread:

"Though no one's really asked or anything, Steiner wasn't there because Dusty thought he'd make a good champ. He was to merely be transitional.

Rhodes really, really wanted the belt the off Flair.

Rick Steiner was going to be in the main event just in case Flair didn't want to cooperate.

Flair has a bit of an amateur background. Possibly a state champ in high school. But he'd get killed by Steiner if he tried to go against the booking.

Flair, not being stupid, didn't like the idea of seeing Steiner in the main event. The brand new higher-ups from Turner, wanting to appease their reason for buying the company, told Rhodes to forget it. Luger was to be the opponent and Flair was to go over in a relatively clean fashion.

Rhodes, doing a thousand little things to irk his new bosses (like blading a gusher on TV), was canned in November or December 1988. "

Guest Korgath

For all the stupid things the WWE creative team has done, I don't think they'll put Eugene (in his current gimmick) in a World Title feud no matter how over he is.

The last thing Triple H wants is for a retard to hold the World Heavyweight Title while he's away.

Guest Korgath
Hey, I remember a man named Mick Foley who played as Mankind. No one ever thought he would win the WWF Title. I think Eugene and Mankind play similiar roles.

But that was over seven years ago. Nowadays we don't have people getting god-pushes with supernatural....

Wait... scratch that. :angry:

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

No way, I don't see Eugene getting anywhere near the title. He doesn't have the look or the size, and the gimmick isn't helping - even if he does have the ability.

It's WAAAAY too early to tell about Eugene. If he can get massively over, I say yes, give him the belt.

A fued with HHH where he goes over for the belt would be awesome. Especially if HHH did his typical "you're not in my league" routine, and then Eugene ~Holy Shit~ twists him into knots and gets the pin.

But don't have Regal turn on him so soon. It would actually be more interesting to have Regal support and believe in Eugene, and go out on a limb for him while everyone else mocks him.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

I can't believe the speculation and the thoughts of the possibility of him getting a shot, let alone a reign.

But of the 1% the chance that he got a a reign, that would mean that the title picture is officially cleansed, which would mean both good and bad.