TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janusd

Promo: And My Dreams Aren't As Empty

(I really have NO idea where I initially planned to go with this. So...eh. Random good old Terrence/Janus promo!)

The motel room is a marked difference from the apartment. It's smaller, for one thing. And it has nice, warmly glowing lights hanging from the roof, as well as shining from the lampshade situated next to the window. In one corner sits an old TV, showing nothing but static. The carpeting is old and worn, while the bed taking the center of the room up is clearly clean and fresh, newly built and placed. The bathroom door is ajar, showing newly polished tile and the hint of a retro shower curtain. A combination of old and new.

Another such combination lays back on the bed. The individual who has been known as both Terrence and Janus is laid out on the mattress, which has been stripped of all coverings. The sheets, the pillows, everything is gone. The seven foot behemoth has his arms folded across his chest like some ancient Egyptian mummy, and his long hair spreads across the soiled white mattress. His eyes are closed, but the eyelids flicker on occasion

~What's up with you!?~

The sleeping behemoth's jaw twitches slightly.

~I belong here. I have always belonged here.~

The fingers of one hand begin to curl.

~You have never...you aren't even natural...~

~That's right...but I'm far more suited to this than you...~

One again, the Anti-Heel Machine and the Hell Machine are at odds, and the giant's muscles begin to relax. Because it's not what's going on outside his body that's a problem right now.

-----

The room is the same as ever - they've been here before. Made of concrete, dull and bleak. Draped heavily in shadow. A single lightbulb offers dim illumination of a round and rickety wooden table. Sitting at this table are two figures, who look like perfect mirrors of each other, save for small differences. Long black hair frames green eyes, that stare frustratedly across into indifferent bleak red eyes framed by pure white hair. The green-eyed figure speaks, his voice sounding as frustrated as he looks.

"Why do you haunt me? I defeated you months ago, in psychotherapy with Doctor Frood..."

"The Doctor has no idea who he deals with. I'm not just some different side of you, Terrence... I'm my own person, and no two-bit half-cocked psychatrist will change that."

Terrence thumps his fist on the table, still glaring across at the cold-eyed form of Janus.

"Yet you nearly vanished during my time in therapy..."

"A ruse...do you really think I would vanish, with a creature such as Gabriel about...?"

"It's not Gabriel you're after... he's a side interest..."

Janus, arms folded across his chest, runs his thumb over his trio of chest scars, and Terrence subconsciously does the same. It is the dark, red-eyed personality that moves to speak first, clear amusement in his voice as he regards the softer, green-eyed personality. But Terrence has other ideas and opens his mouth, and both say exactly the same thing.

"Nathaniel Kibagami."

Janus laughs, softly, maliciously.

"After all this time, we've never forgiven him, Terrence. First Aecas and his friend Gabriel..."

"And then...to finish what you started? You're still..."

"A monster? Yes, Terrence... I'm his finest creation, after all. You may hate him for creating me... but I despise him... he gave up everything he ever was. The Silent One is a but a shadow of how he used to be. He strives to recapture it, but he will never be the same..."

Things become misty, fading. Like fog rolling him, the mental dreamstate becomes obscure, hard to see. We begin to fade out...

---

...and Janus sits up on the bed. His eyes open, red eyes shining in the warm and low light glow. He smiles faintly as he looks towards the television - the chaotic static only making him smile wider. He rises to turn off the idiot box, then pauses to look out the window at the dark night sky and the shadows. Various things seem to flash in the darkness. Gold. The faces of both Nathaniel Kibagami and the Black Angel Aecas.

~So what happens when you supposedly destroy the Black Angel...?~

And he speaks to the empty air. His voice is cool and calm. Collected. And increasingly ominous as he touches the little goatee sprouting from his chin.

"It will be time for Nathaniel Kibagami to truely wake up..."

Ohhhh... fancy and all very interesting. It's just a case of who kills whom first now. :D

Just a case of how you reach that point. Good work J.

I'm telling you now, Janus - you can have Aecas, but it'll be a fight between you and me to see who gets to Kibagami first. Which could be interesting in itself...

And yes, Toxxic IS that arrogant/insecure to go all out after a man simply because he lost to him.